Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: 25th Anniversary of FSU "Puntrooskie"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Football Update: 25th Anniversary of FSU "Puntrooskie"

Sep 17, 2013, 5:06 PM

25th Anniversary of FSU "Puntrooskie"

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 25th Anniversary of FSU "Puntrooskie"- who cares

Sep 17, 2013, 5:18 PM

nothing here worth remembering. Maybe you should show some film of Hootie not letting the team run down the Hill and Hatfield not recruiting then.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why in the world would we want to see this or even note an

Sep 17, 2013, 5:20 PM

anniversary of it? Sometimes I wonder about the stories that get posted here and whether they are being produced by "visiting" writers.

Yeah, I don't really want to be thinking about this***

Sep 17, 2013, 5:23 PM

agreed. that is a

Sep 17, 2013, 7:28 PM [ in reply to Why in the world would we want to see this or even note an ]

swing and a miss for Tigernet.

i didnt read it.

maybe the author wants to avenge the Puntrooskie game or something?
otherwise what a dumb subject.

that game has nothing to do with this team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THIS IS ONE OF THE DUMBEST POSTS EVER . . .

Sep 18, 2013, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Why in the world would we want to see this or even note an ]

Are you serious? By this logic, why did we not mark in 2009 the 25th anniversary of Carolina's 22-21 win in DV accomplishing their first 10-win season. Are you going to run an anniversary post in a few years marking the 20th anniversary of Syracuse's 41-0 drubbing of Clemson and the largest Gator Bowl margin ever? Seriously?

The puntrooskie was a marvelous call and was well executed. It was gutsy, legendary, and a college football milestone worthy of remembering - GENERALLY, in the appropriate places and times. For FSU to do this would be entirely appropriate and acceptable. But marking it on a Clemson website is just plain stupid.

Clarification . . . . meant to respond to the main post :)

Sep 18, 2013, 12:24 PM

d

I was there. I'll tell you why you watch it

Sep 17, 2013, 5:49 PM

Because it reminds you which game you attend if you can't attend any other, which team to yell the loudest against even if you're a mute, which team to dislike the most. Yes, that includes all other teams. ALL other teams - I met their fans.

We had that game, we were ranked number 3. My buddy and I were on the Hill right behind their line.

Since, every year, I yell a little louder, dig a little deeper, and pull for any other team who's playing them.

We were still in the upper deck in those days

Sep 17, 2013, 6:50 PM

I, like many others, was cheering like we had won, and then realized that a FSU player was running toward the other end zone. It is always good to be reminded that any team can win, on any play. I hope that our team never forgets.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so true.....great post

Sep 17, 2013, 7:00 PM [ in reply to I was there. I'll tell you why you watch it ]

i don't despise them because the play worked or that they beat us. I despise them because of the ignorant fan base that is in Tallahassee but gets very little pub...the sainted Bobby who was nothing more than a CEO for YEARS yet is considered a great coach who had more off the field issues than anyone in the nation over the years....other than the Chickens and Georgia, i despise Free Shoes and enjoy every single season that they underachieve and it goes back to the '80's. This play is what they had to resort to in order to beat us yet year after year they were considered THE program along with a couple of others back then. If Danny would have had the offensive talent they had back then we'd have won 4 NC's at least with the defenses we rolled out from '87 to '91. I wish 0-11 on them year after year to this day.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hear you brother...

Sep 18, 2013, 11:12 AM [ in reply to I was there. I'll tell you why you watch it ]

I was there too, and that one hurt. Even more than that though I can't wait to beat the chickens!

It was a great game. Just ended bad. We got revenge....

Sep 17, 2013, 7:12 PM

the following year. Never forget the late Wayne Simmons doing the airplane as he took an interception to the house.

I do remember that one as well. Hugo was coming through...

Sep 17, 2013, 7:21 PM

Stacy Allen, 74-ish yard run from scrimmage, Wayne Simmons TD interception, RIP.

I think my hostility towards them would have been lessened if their fans hadn't have been so arrogant.

Hey, go to the game, enjoy the game, and shake hands after. But that's not how they were.

I'll admit that when their running backs had only gained 32 yards at the half, we did dish it back to their fans. Severely, I might add.

Terry Allen

Sep 17, 2013, 10:27 PM

Effff
Esssss
Yuuuuuu!

Ohhhhh
and
Twoooooooooo!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

http://www.cutigers.com/2009/football/virginia/slides/_KWB7614a.jpg

Hugo was the following year. My wedding night...***

Sep 18, 2013, 9:12 AM [ in reply to I do remember that one as well. Hugo was coming through... ]

RIP #49.....just seeing that name and thinking about the

Sep 17, 2013, 7:29 PM [ in reply to It was a great game. Just ended bad. We got revenge.... ]

defensive talent we had back then is staggering how good we would have been if we had the offensive skill we now have....out of control.

It took me 20 years to get over that...why are you

Sep 17, 2013, 7:15 PM

bringing back the pain? I was in the upper deck on that cold rainy crapy day. I knew they were going to do a fake. I was screaming to watch out for it but no one heard me. : (

i am still not over it.

Sep 17, 2013, 7:29 PM

I was there.........Can't believe it's been 25 years!!!***

Sep 17, 2013, 7:18 PM

Re: Football Update: 25th Anniversary of FSU "Puntrooskie"

Sep 17, 2013, 7:31 PM

I think the underwear I had on that day are still wet from all the rain that morning....it miraculously stopped raining about game time

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cool! I never saw it before, and always wondered

Sep 17, 2013, 7:37 PM

how it looked.

...anyone notice how young Bobby looked?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Even though

Sep 17, 2013, 7:48 PM

it was against our Tigers, it was one of the gutsiest play calls in any college game. It hurt but you have to tip your hat to Bowden for the call.

Stadium went from about as loud as Death Valley can get to

Sep 17, 2013, 8:15 PM

sudden silence and disbelief. Strangest feeling I have ever had at a football game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

strange like these football fans & this football team

Sep 17, 2013, 8:34 PM

probably felt?? :)

LOL

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2423937/Oops-The-moment-high-school-football-team-celebrates-early.html

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Maybe not quite as bad as that. Good find***

Sep 17, 2013, 10:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was there--I wish I could forget it***

Sep 17, 2013, 8:22 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Does anyone remember the timeout fiasco at the end?

Sep 17, 2013, 11:23 PM

I remember being in the stands and FSU calling a timeout they didn't have. Instead of penalizing FSU, they just reset the play clock and allowed them to kick the FG.

Does anyone remember how all that went down?

I definitely remember that

Sep 18, 2013, 11:17 AM

Everyone in the stands around me was screaming, "THEY HAVE NO TIMEOUTS!!!" All to no avail. I never understood how they got by with that, or heard the excuse from the refs as to why they allowed it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

thank you coot lover tommy

Sep 18, 2013, 6:12 AM

For this painful memorie.....why dont you post a video of the beat down we gave them the next year to make up for this ####.

I thought the ball was over his head? Then my brothersaid...

Sep 18, 2013, 7:31 AM

FAKE! The valley went from not being able to hear yourself think to dead silence and shock! I knew we were going to win the game with a fieldgoal but........
#### what a heart breaker!

The weekend I knew

Sep 18, 2013, 8:12 AM

This was the weekend I knew I had to go to Clemson. I was a high school senior and joined 80,000+ people on a rainy day to watch a football game loaded with talent. Even with the loss, loved the whole campus, stayed in CU and then my dad took me to see Furman on the way home the next day, a quiet Sunday morning where I saw one girl pulling a suitcase out of the trunk of her car. Furman and all other colleges were eliminated then and there. Nicely played, by my Dad who was a tiger from c/o '58.

Well, the crowd around me in the stands didn't realize what

Sep 18, 2013, 8:20 AM

had happened even after the FSU player came running across the field. Livid wouldn't come close to describing our reaction...even after the game was over. Friends attending the game with us remarked later that they hadn't heard so much "cussing" in the span of a few minutes, as they heard from our section...most of that coming from "older" fans. I did make my contributions to their efforts....lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was there, saw it happening from upper deck. Mad!***

Sep 18, 2013, 9:05 AM

I was sitting in the West endzone.

Sep 18, 2013, 9:51 AM

...with my family (all huge Clemson fans), and my uncle's family (all huge FSU fans). We always tried to be respectful to one another and enjoy the games but that one was tough to swallow. I'll never forget how it felt. I didn't know what happened! Then I see Butler running towards us down the sideline and was like, "How'd he get the ball!?!?". Even after watching replays it was difficult to understand exactly what had happened.

THIS IS ONE OF THE DUMBEST POSTS EVER . . .

Sep 18, 2013, 12:23 PM

Are you serious? By this logic, why did we not mark in 2009 the 25th anniversary of Carolina's 22-21 win in DV accomplishing their first 10-win season. Are you going to run an anniversary post in a few years marking the 20th anniversary of Syracuse's 41-0 drubbing of Clemson and the largest Gator Bowl margin ever? Seriously?

The puntrooskie was a marvelous call and was well executed. It was gutsy, legendary, and a college football milestone worthy of remembering - GENERALLY, in the appropriate places and times. For FSU to do this would be entirely appropriate and acceptable. But marking it on a Clemson website is just plain stupid.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic