Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It should be obvious that our BB program
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,458

It should be obvious that our BB program

Dec 3, 2019, 12:00 AM

is mired in mediocrity

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Re: It should be obvious that our BB program

Dec 3, 2019, 12:14 AM

If that’s mediocrity, then I would hate to see Bad.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't worry

Dec 3, 2019, 12:35 AM

the ACC portion of our season is right around the corner. You'll see bad soon enough.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2019, 1:43 AM

Do you see that your comment is so like those of the usc supporters when they wail about their football program? Clemson is and has always been a football school. The BB program has always been less than we wanted but what do you want? Natty's in all collegiate sports? Every year? Soccer, Softball, Baseball, Basketball, Football?

I feel a real resentment to those who sit back and think that because Clemson is currently dominant in one sport that they should be dominant in all sports. Simply put, are we entitled to something? Simple answer is no. Clemson University is a great place for education, a great place in the wonderful Upstate of SC and a great place to say you had a special time in your life "Where the Blue Ridge yawns it's greatness"

Love it, enjoy it, appreciate it and if necessary, get over yourself.

Go Tigers.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The state of our basketball program is very simple

Dec 3, 2019, 1:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I appreciate and agree with your lecture on

Dec 3, 2019, 1:58 AM [ in reply to Re: It should be obvious that our BB program ]

Entitlement and now ask that we apply this to BB. He is not entitled to a job making millions a year.

If he is entitle to this position, for a decade now, can you explain why?

Re: I appreciate and agree with your lecture on

Dec 3, 2019, 2:12 AM

CBB is not entitled. He is hired as head coach. When Rad decides he should be replaced he will do it. My interpretation of entitlement is of those who think that because "We" of Clemson University are great at anything then we should be great at everything and should not tolerate anything less. That is not realistic.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What I wonder is how you got to this based on OP's post

Dec 3, 2019, 2:33 AM

when all it said was "It should be obvious that our BB program is mired in mediocrity" and then you went off on a diatribe about SC fans and then later about entitlement. Nothing in the original post warranted this response from you. Nobody said anything about expecting national titles in basketball. No Clemson fan truly expects to see one in their lifetime. The original post stated, truthfully, that our basketball program is stuck in mediocrity.

There's only one poster in this entire thread that needs to "get over themself" and it isn't the person you're telling that to.

Dec 3, 2019, 4:33 AM [ in reply to Re: It should be obvious that our BB program ]

We have had good basketball for many years in a row before. It hasnt always been less that what we want. It is now though.

Dec 3, 2019, 4:31 AM

We have absolutely no chance at the tournament and will likely finish below .500 for the season.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,458
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic