Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: ACC lookahead: Florida St.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

New Story: ACC lookahead: Florida St.

Jul 3, 2014, 7:16 AM

ACC lookahead: Florida St.

The Clemson Tigers open the league portion of the season with a date at Florida St. in late September. What does head coach Jimbo Fisher say about his team? What will be their biggest obstacle? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: ACC lookahead: Florida St.

Jul 3, 2014, 7:32 AM

Ouch! They're loaded and he sounds very confident. Sic-em Tigers!

Jul 3, 2014, 10:50 PM

If we can keep it close that will be respectable. We are out-gunned at virtually every position. We need to go in there with a huge chip on our shoulder. They may be the best team in the nation. In a way, I love this, because we have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Go play smash-mouth football, and we'll see who wins.

Anyone find it "interesting"

Jul 3, 2014, 8:01 AM

that the two big NC schools play the top two teams in the league the following week after Clemson/FSU play? I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who is that ? Duke and East Carolina ?

Jul 3, 2014, 10:55 AM

I am short on time to check, thanks for any help

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nicely played

Jul 3, 2014, 6:20 PM

Clearly my mistake!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2014, 8:11 AM

Talk about a schedule that set last up nicely for a repeat! #1 toughest OOC schedule my A$$!!!!

harder than our OOC schedule

Jul 3, 2014, 8:37 AM

OK ST, FL = UGA, USC

ND, Citadel > SC ST, GA ST

Not so fast

Jul 3, 2014, 8:51 AM

UGA > OK St. this year OK St. not that strong this year
USC > UF this isn't Urban Meyer' or SOS's Florida.

3 solid opponents is greater than 2

Jul 3, 2014, 9:02 AM

secondly, the point was not which program would beat the other if they played, it was that they were the same caliber of opponent. Yes, if you go by rankings the results you have I would agree with, but the teams are closely matched that it should at least be a game and it wouldnt be considered a major upset if the either team won.

my point was to the original poster who acted like the FSU

Jul 3, 2014, 9:07 AM

schedule was laughable. This isnt the typical FSU cake walk they have had the last few seasons.

Re: my point was to the original poster who acted like the FSU

Jul 3, 2014, 9:48 AM

I think that the few tough games we had last year is what help us beat OSU. Our guys already had felt what it was like to get hit by players in the same class as they were, and they were prepared for it....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How does the Citadel count more than Georgia State who is

Jul 3, 2014, 10:30 AM [ in reply to harder than our OOC schedule ]

now an FBS team (even if not a very good one)?

GO TIGERS

think you are missing the bigger pt

Jul 3, 2014, 12:23 PM

Citadel is their only cup cake OOC game, we have 2

Pride comes before the fall.

Jul 3, 2014, 8:36 AM

They don't know how skrong this Clemson team is.

GO TIGERS!

Re: Pride comes before the fall.

Jul 3, 2014, 11:05 PM

Who's talking about pride? Vegas has them as a 17 point
favorite. There's a reason for a that. We can possibly upset UGA, but it will take an inspired performance by our team; they have the superior talent, and will be laying for a us. Our hope lies in our defense, but the offense will have to at least show up. Who knows?

We don't exist. We are a myth. Look out Jimbo we have

Jul 3, 2014, 8:42 AM

bigger CLAWS . . . er, I mean PAWS than you can imagine.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wish our coaches were this confident in the Oline***

Jul 3, 2014, 9:09 AM

if we keep this oline class intact, check back in 2-3 yrs

Jul 3, 2014, 9:11 AM

we are on the verge of signing one of the best oline classes we have ever seen here

Re: Wish our coaches were this confident in the Oline***

Jul 3, 2014, 11:07 PM [ in reply to Wish our coaches were this confident in the Oline*** ]

Why?

How Does FSU Get a Bye week before use every year?

Jul 3, 2014, 9:28 AM

I know we get one too this year but they still get the advantage since they get a bye week and a home game. I hope we shock them and end the talk about last year's embarrassment.

It seems that way lately. Not sure if they can request that.

Jul 3, 2014, 1:20 PM

Also wondering if having our matchup in the first month and with bye weeks is really best for us and the conference.

Re: How Does FSU Get a Bye week before use every year?

Jul 3, 2014, 1:52 PM [ in reply to How Does FSU Get a Bye week before use every year? ]

I'm pretty sure prior to the 2013 schedule being released the ACC hired an SC grad to lead the schedule development

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jul 3, 2014, 9:40 AM

Oh my! I guess we should just stay at home this year and not even bother going to Tallanasty to face the CRIMINOLES. They may be too skrong for us. Not according to Grady Jarrett and Vic Beasley. Let us not forget that we will have Tavaris Barnes lined up on the left end. :D

Winston, prepare to throw the ball to our secondary a whole bunch because you will be on your back more times than a cheap date.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Jul 3, 2014, 11:21 AM

In Winston's case it's a free date. One that comes with 2 body guards to help make it easier and to witness the entire event.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2014, 11:37 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: ACC lookahead: Florida St. ]

No one is saying that we don't have a chance. And you mention Vic Beasley, one of the NFL raps on him is that he is so light, that he is terrible against the run. And he's still at 235, when he should be playing at 260. UGA ran all over him last year. I've said this for the last couple years, and on occasion have been blasted for it.
Look at the film of UGA running over him again and again. We don't have an effective S&C program, and therefore don't get our players up to the size and strength they need to be. To me, Isiah Battle hasn't put on an ounce of muscle since he got here. The fact that he is our starting left tackle suggests to me that Cole Stoudt will have little protection from that critical side. And Cole isn't exactly fleet of foot.

Jul 3, 2014, 10:28 AM

First 2 games for FSU are run up the score specials. See them scoring 100+ points and giving up probably 20 points. Neither team are even close to matching up against FSU. Their first 2 games are to intimidate the rest of the schedule into believing they are far superior than everyone else. That's when you catch em with their pants down and beat them at home! GO TIGERS !!!

Jul 3, 2014, 10:42 AM

Oklahoma State is a good program. Don't sleep on them.

Jul 3, 2014, 11:40 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: ACC lookahead: Florida St. ]

Man, I hope you are right.

We're Doomed. DOOMED, I tell ya

Jul 3, 2014, 10:57 AM

But it is possible both of us could lose the week after. NCst has been FSU's personal hell for over a decade. And Phil Steele thinks UNC is better than us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is it just me

Jul 3, 2014, 1:49 PM

or does it seem like every picture we see of the FSU oline shows them holding

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: is it just me

Jul 3, 2014, 3:23 PM

Nope it isn't just you. I would have lost my voice from yelling about it if I thought the offense would have done anything about it. Better not happen again this year.

Jul 3, 2014, 11:57 PM

FSU has the citadel then two weeks before they play Clemson...So basically FSU has three weeks to prepare for Clemson and they are at home...Dont think they wont be ready for the Tigers...At least this year Clemson also has a softy and a bye as well... last year FSU had their schedule set up real nice rolling into Clemson off a bye, while Clemson was running a bit ragged after four straight ACC games, with the last being a hard fought win against a game BC squad. BC actually gave FSU perhaps their toughest game of the season before losing 48-34. Good to see this year the scheduling looks pretty even between these top contenders. Cheers to Clemson taking it to them this year^^

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic