Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
19 Three Pointers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

19 Three Pointers

Dec 8, 2018, 6:01 PM

I don’t care who it is. When someone hits 19 3’s, you’re not going to win. It doesn’t matter how well you play. That was crazy. They were hitting a lot of them being contested and frommwell behind the line. This game was a throw away. They played hard, but it wouldn’t have mattered who played. Very few teams in the country would win against 19 3’s.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 19 Three Pointers

Dec 8, 2018, 6:03 PM

Very few teams would give up 19 3s in a game though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2018, 6:11 PM

Because very few would hit 19 3s. I don’t see how you keep a team from hitting over 60% from that range when they’re going in. Heck, if they shot 45 % from that range (and that’s extremly good) Clemson still wins the game. That’s just one of those games that they weren’t going to lose and Clemson was not going to win.

Dec 8, 2018, 6:59 PM [ in reply to Re: 19 Three Pointers ]

When guys are consistently making shots from well befond the 3 point line you can’t be critical of the other team. Those shots go in every game but very rarely do you a dozen or more made as we did tonite. As a coach (and fan) you have to think that eventually they will miss those shots. Not tonite!

HOw well are you playing defense if the other team hits

Dec 8, 2018, 6:08 PM

19 threes?

Is this an outlier or a recurring theme?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: HOw well are you playing defense if the other team hits

Dec 8, 2018, 6:26 PM

Is this an outlier or a recurring theme?

Defense is irrelevant when a team hits 19 3’s. If it was such a high percentage shot, 40% would not be considered outstanding three point shooting. It’s not football. You can’t tackle them. They were hitting 3’s from everywhere whether they were “guarded” or not. 19 3’s is always an outlier. Good grief, they set a school record.

Message was edited by: BigChief2000®

It seems that other teams shoot a high percentage against

Dec 8, 2018, 6:30 PM

us over the last 9 years.

Defense matters.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It seems that other teams shoot a high percentage against

Dec 8, 2018, 6:41 PM

We will just have to agree to disagree on this one. I’d say that if you gave all those same MSU players, who hit 3s, the same number of shots from that arc that they hit in the game, with no one else even on the floor, they’d be hard pressed to hit 19 out of 30. Also, wasn’t the running theme with Brownell’s teams, a few years back, defense? Was it not more than three or four years ago that they had the second best defense in the ACC? I don’t think defense has ever been Clemson’s problem during his tenure. Ever. Never ever. Not even close. The problem has always been a lack of scoring, but even that wasn’t that bad tonight, especially considering Reed was out of the game. MSU shot almost 65% from the arc. Clemson shot less than 25%. Many of Clemson’s missed threes were wide open, thus illustrating that defense had little to do with it. It was poor shooting, which has normally been the issue in the last nine years or most of the last thirty years for that matter. Brownell is doing just fine to me. It was just a bad night shooting threes for the Tigers and historically great for Mississippi State.

Message was edited by: BigChief2000®

You can defend the three. Ask Brownell.***

Dec 8, 2018, 6:54 PM [ in reply to Re: HOw well are you playing defense if the other team hits ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic