Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 2,037

Dabo

May 27, 2015, 5:31 PM

You caved in to political pressure.You let a liberal,sorry a##,
politition from Columbia and a bunch of left winged students
at Clemson,win.That is in line with the right and the left in
this country.The right caves.Thats sad Dabo,i have less
confidence in you.I hope we have a great season in spite
of your rocky horse way of standing up for your convictions.
The award had nothing too do about homo's but da## Dabo,you
caved.

Message was edited by: irmotig®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The bigots out in full force....

May 27, 2015, 5:33 PM

hope all your kids and their kids get the "gay", lol.....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you think calling someone a bigot hurts them?

May 27, 2015, 5:42 PM

Dood, that word is slung around so much it doesn't even stick to real bigots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Irmo would be proud to be called a bigot and hateful

May 27, 2015, 5:43 PM

Seriously.

I think there are a lot of people who really are bigots...

May 27, 2015, 6:04 PM [ in reply to Do you think calling someone a bigot hurts them? ]

but don't know they're bigots. They are typically the ones calling other people bigots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think there are a lot of people who really are bigots...

May 27, 2015, 8:10 PM

There is an inherent contradiction in your statement. I think I like it...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So very right!***

May 27, 2015, 9:16 PM [ in reply to I think there are a lot of people who really are bigots... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the way bigot is tossed around so casually now by the left

May 27, 2015, 8:03 PM [ in reply to The bigots out in full force.... ]

has created a need for a new word for what bigot used to be.

The left loves free speech...

May 27, 2015, 8:16 PM

...as long as it's speech they agree with...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The left loves free speech...

May 27, 2015, 9:05 PM

The 2 party system will make COOTS of us all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I think both sides failed to see the big picture.

May 27, 2015, 5:40 PM

Christian means Christ-like. Christ didn't get involved in politics. That isn't to say that He approved of government's policies, actions or lack thereof. He had a more noble agenda, reconciling the world unto God. That's our commission.

Anyone who thinks they are going to change sinners by somehow promising helll awaits those who lay with their own gender lacks understand. Anyone who thinks legislated morality makes citizens acceptable to God is blind. Anyone who thinks working for God includes political activism fails to see how short and precious our time here is and how easily being over zealous can consume time and ruin our mission.

This seemed to be Dabo's motive as conveyed by his statement. This is more evidence that he's trying to please God and not man. That too is our commission.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You do believe sinners must confess and repent.

May 27, 2015, 9:22 PM

I am and I have, but there are some that have a problem calling sin a sin.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have no problem labeling sin as sin

May 27, 2015, 11:47 PM

Or having someone else label their particular list as sins.

But it's a good but different to argue that those folks that fall on your list of sinners shouldn't be privy to the same government rights as you are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great Post Irmo

May 27, 2015, 5:42 PM

Glad you haven't caved in your hatred and stupidity. You're going to ride it out until the end, and that actually impresses me.

It seems odd to me

May 27, 2015, 5:46 PM

That the same argument that was used to defend him going : "This award isn't about homosexuality, no reason to take his presence as a sign of Dabo supporting their position on Gay Marriage"

That same argument is now being used to bash him when he decided not to go : "Dabo you caved to pressure, you backed off your convictions"

Lets be honest here, Dabo going was never about anything more than he said it was. However, once it became politicized, Dabo did the expedient thing and stepped aside.

It's a smart move and says NOTHING about any convictions Dabo may have, other than the conviction not to politicize the work his foundation has done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bro

May 27, 2015, 5:51 PM

Dabo made the right decision. I know many of you have

May 27, 2015, 5:57 PM

stayed in small towns all across South Carolina throughout your lives. I venture to say most of you are probably not even close to the coast. I was born and raised in small town South Carolina and I grew up hearing all of what some of you are saying. I didn't hear it from my parents mind you, but the general southern view was made clear in our town. I was smarter than most, however, and could think for myself. I scored exceptionally high on the SAT, as had been the normal result on any standardized test that was put in front of me. The SAT performance proved to be my ticket out of small town South Carolina. Ironically, however, I punched it for another small South Carolina town that happened to be the location of the finest university in the state. If you have the numbers to get into Clemson, why even consider the University of SC. Furman was a possibility, but that was simply too expensive. I had wonderful professors at Clemson and learned a great deal about people and the world beyond our state.

Since graduating, I have lived and worked in Boulder, Co., Hollywood and West Hollywood, Ca., Athens, Ga. and now Midtown Atlanta, Georgia. I know many of you live a simpler life and just echo what the generations before you have said, whether they were right or wrong on certain issues. I have no doubt they were right on many of them. But honestly, denial of rights to certain groups of people, failure to separate church and state, Sharia-type laws in a non-theocracy, are not the policies of today. Many in the South, and I am a son of the South, probably were kicking and screaming as segregation was outlawed.

I am a Christian and appreciate my home state. At some point, however South Carolina has to realize that people have certain inalienable rights. People should be treated equally and with respect. I think Dabo made a great decision and his statement was worded perfectly. He probably didn't even want to attend once he understood what the organization was all about.

Re: Dabo made the right decision. I know many of you have

May 27, 2015, 6:24 PM

We each have our own opinions.The left doesn't understand that.To
the ones who call me a bigot,thankyou.God knows my heart.You think
its funny too be on the popular side.I know Dabo is a Christian
and he backed away to settle the dust.Ask yourself why the same
attacks were not put on Ray Tanner,he is also a christian but
he spoke and received an award from the same group,not because
of his belief but for the same reason Dabo was to receive an award.
No speech.usuc students didn't get a petition against Tanner nor
did any politition speak out.Clemson has a bunch of students who
doesn't understand that the world is round.

I have an easy answer

May 27, 2015, 7:10 PM

I don't care what Ray Tanner does.

Also, just curious, but are you claiming that Clemson is more liberal than USC...because that is hilarious. There was no uproar because no one knew about it. That still doesn't make it right, and I'm willing to wager if Ray Tanner decided to accept the award Dabo turned down there would be a huge uproar from USC.

Re: I have an easy answer

May 27, 2015, 7:23 PM

I can see that this is a street with no end.Lets just agree to
disagree.I find it difficult to opine with a bunch of left wing
young,dumb a## idiots.

Re: I have an easy answer

May 27, 2015, 8:01 PM

Finishes with an open ended insult .
Woooo [oooo]oooooshhh

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I'm assuming you struggle

May 27, 2015, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Re: I have an easy answer ]

because it's hard to think over the deep sounds of your mouth breathing. It's ok man, I get it.

Re:Ah heck, we all know how the SC media play. None of

May 27, 2015, 7:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo made the right decision. I know many of you have ]

them have a clue.

Re: Dabo made the right decision. I know many of you have

May 27, 2015, 8:05 PM [ in reply to Dabo made the right decision. I know many of you have ]

Nice story brah, but I will stick to small town SC. I have been all over the world and there is no place like home.

the issue is the "left" side of all these issues in question

May 27, 2015, 8:08 PM [ in reply to Dabo made the right decision. I know many of you have ]

has beeen established as the "default position" by the media and power structure. When in fact among the folks it is just a side.

Its the entire basis for the book Bias.

He Did Not Cave

May 27, 2015, 11:53 PM

The pressure was to ATTEND and ACCEPT the award. He declined, thus resisting the pressure. What statement on society do you need from our FOOTBALL COACH??

Replies: 25
| visibility 2,037
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic