Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Unleash the Beast: Xavier Thomas earns praise of coaches and teammates
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

TNET: Unleash the Beast: Xavier Thomas earns praise of coaches and teammates

Oct 3, 2018, 7:01 AM

Unleash the Beast: Xavier Thomas earns praise of coaches and teammates

Xavier Thomas lined up on the left side of the Clemson line, and one could imagine Thomas pawing at the dirt, a bull about to be unleashed. Thomas didn’t even get into a 3-point stance. He remained upright and as soon as the ball was snapped became a blur. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Unleash the Beast: Xavier Thomas earns praise of coaches and teammates

Oct 3, 2018, 7:05 AM

Just when you thought it was safe for opposing offenses to go back on the field the X man shows up. GO TIGERS

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It says in the article that Dungey got rid of the ball

Oct 3, 2018, 7:22 AM

before XT got there. I didn't see another unblocked hit by XT other than the last series. I am fairly certain it was a sack and Dungey didnt get rid of the ball.

Yep

Oct 3, 2018, 7:29 AM

That was a sack and a monster play to help end the game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It says in the article that Dungey got rid of the ball

Oct 3, 2018, 7:33 AM [ in reply to It says in the article that Dungey got rid of the ball ]

You are right. I was wondering if anyone else would question that statement. That play, Xavier got the sack. The following play (the last play of the game) Xavier had him again but Dungey was able to toss it to the running back as he was going down.

Oct 3, 2018, 7:35 AM [ in reply to It says in the article that Dungey got rid of the ball ]

I was going to say the same thing.

Oct 3, 2018, 7:47 AM [ in reply to It says in the article that Dungey got rid of the ball ]

I just logged on to comment the same thing. Dungy couldn't "get the ball away" because it was embedded in his sternum. Monster play!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I briefly pondered saying the same thing, but after several

Oct 3, 2018, 8:39 AM [ in reply to It says in the article that Dungey got rid of the ball ]

Minutes of internalized debate, thought better of it. In hindsight, I wonder if I should have.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have to give DHood a break

Oct 3, 2018, 9:16 AM [ in reply to It says in the article that Dungey got rid of the ball ]

New baby in the house - he can't be expected to get everything right!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only way that ball was coming out was.....

Oct 3, 2018, 9:12 AM

by fumble. I was surprised it wasn't a fumble, but then again, I think XT crushed the ball into Dungey's rib cage. Besides the win, ETN's running & that play was just beautiful!

Textbook!

Oct 3, 2018, 9:22 AM

He is FREAKY fast!

He is going to be Fun to watch, while we have him at Clemson!

There are going to be some records broken while he is here and at the next level

Re: TNET: Unleash the Beast: Xavier Thomas earns praise of coaches and teammates

Oct 3, 2018, 9:30 AM

How much fun will it be when he blows tua up!!! About as much fun when he blows 5 head? I’d have to say more fun because then we’re in the cfp and 5 heads on his couch rooting for bama.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2018, 9:43 AM

Dungey didn’t have time to think much less get rid of the ball.

Oct 3, 2018, 9:50 AM

Man, my video doesn’t play whenever I try the link. Does it work for anyone? Is it something I’m doing wrong?

Oct 3, 2018, 9:54 AM

I get that on several videos that have been uploaded so i don’t think it’s just u.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2018, 10:09 AM

I'm increasingly sure that was the most beautiful sack I've ever witnessed. It was just poetry in motion.

He went facemast to neck

Oct 3, 2018, 11:53 AM

Throw the flag. Obvious targeting.

They called it on us the week before. Might as well here.

Oct 3, 2018, 2:56 PM

Not many QBs get up from a crushing hit like the XMan unloaded.

Oct 5, 2018, 8:01 AM

There was a play after the sack (might have been the last play of the game) where XT got close & hit Dungey before the QB skipped a pass to his RB.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic