Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It never fails, when y’all spend all day bashing Brownell
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

It never fails, when y’all spend all day bashing Brownell

Feb 12, 2020, 10:56 PM

He usually pulls out an impressive W the very next game. But I know y’all will be salivating for the next loss...just hoping and praying I’m sure...lol

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It never fails, when y’all spend all day bashing Brownell

Feb 12, 2020, 10:59 PM

If that's how it worked, we'd be undefeated.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2020, 1:19 PM

Ha!

Come on man, you're looking at one game

Feb 13, 2020, 9:20 AM

I'm not on here after every loss calling for his head, but facts are facts: he has a losing conference record and only two tourney appearances in ten years. Losing record in the conference again this year, and that's with wins over UNC AND Duke! His teams are extremely inconsistent and the average is, well, below average. Literally nothing we've seen gives us hope that will change, most because he CANNOT recruit.

So yeah, no crap, he's gonna win some games. But there's a bigger picture. A big, familiar picture with a losing record.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2020, 9:42 AM

I have relentlessly supported Brad for nine years but it’s obvious a change is needed. I am proud of the team last night for getting such a dominant road win. However; the problem with Clemson basketball is a complete lack of consistency. We all know that at some point in the near future we will have a game where the team looks like they couldn’t beat Daniel High School. I will continue to support the tiger basketball team and will be at the game this weekend pulling for our team, but it’s time for the administration to pull the trigger.

Yes, it is time for a change.

Feb 13, 2020, 1:41 PM

Unfortunately, Brownell is doing just enough to not get fired. Clemson still won't make the NIT. Losses to Yale, Miami, Va. Tech, and Wake were killers.

You're welcome.***

Feb 13, 2020, 9:52 AM

Feb 13, 2020, 1:38 PM

Not exactly. Performance matters, we're 12-12 overall and 6-8 in conference.

In 10 years at Clemson he's 181-139 overall and 82-90 in conference.

It isn't necessarily a personal insult to Brownell that Tiger fans want a more successful basketball program.

It appears to be personal because he simply doesn't perform. In 10 years we've been to the NCAA twice (the 1st time on Purnell's recruits) and the NIT three times.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2020, 3:18 PM

Granted, but do not discount the 13-14. We were legitimately snubbed that year - and that with construction looming liked did a lot of damage.

The committee literally reached below us to select an NC State team one game behind us (fyi, we BEAT them 1 month earlier by 17 points). We were 4-2 in our last 6 games, they were 3-3. Granted, they knocked off Cuse in ACC tournament play (its in Greensboro - aka the Reynolds extention), but we lost a 1 point contest to Duke so it wasn't that we flamed out to a lesser team.

Two years later, we were 10-8 again in conference play (lack luster OOC hurt us) but that was playing in greenville. A year on the road at home and setting up for new digs is tough.

Not necessarily excuse him for other things, but Clemson itself has not been the most stable environment during the middle of his tenure.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic