Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sad scene
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 476

Sad scene

May 29, 2020, 7:54 AM

https://twitter.com/Julio_Rosas11/status/1266214798326464513?s=20

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sad scene

May 29, 2020, 7:58 AM

That is terrible. Wasting taxpayer money. At least that one there is some rhyme or reason, unlike all the other places they looted. They have cost so many jobs. Target just closed something like 8 stores there because of the looting.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is sad.

May 29, 2020, 8:06 AM

And while I don't think violence/destruction is ever the answer or helps a cause, it seems black Americans can't get any response doing it the right way.

Try to vote for change? People try to make it harder for you to vote.
Cops kill you? Very few face real consequences.
Try to kneel peacefully and protest? People call for your jobs or harsh punishment, and the presidents calls you a son of a #####.

Maybe they feel they're running out of options.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: It is sad.

May 29, 2020, 8:13 AM

There was a black man in office for 8 years. There were more African Americans in power, even as the top law enforcement officer in the land in that Administration.

There was zero change, zero. Was it all his fault, no, but at the very least, its terrible optics for him that he couldn't get anything done for that community and help them heal and moving forward.

St. Louis, Baltimore, NYC all exploded under his tenure.

This is systematic man. This is a problem that is beyond political affiliation or even those in power. The power has been taken from the peoples had, regulation make it almost impossible to open up charter schools in black neighborhoods, Community Centers were decimated in the 08 recession.

Black communities do not make anyone money. They are seen as deplorable by most on both sides of the aisle and they are only a crutch to get a vote. We they/we start to humanize the poor black and mentally ill communities, we will start to see change, but that isnt happening as its not lucrative for any politician.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mean, I don't disagree...

May 29, 2020, 8:20 AM

Change in the communities has to be local. You can throw as many black men as you want into the White House, but until you start seeing local change in government and police forces, and until people stop demonizing blacks when they protest peacefully (like the kneeling), things aren't going to get better soon.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: I mean, I don't disagree...

May 29, 2020, 8:25 AM

Kneeling doesnt mean crap and black leaders will say that too.

How about showing up in the community and build ballparks and facilities for kids to play? Reading centers for adults. Matthew Stafford has done this several times in Detroit and its made a HUGE change. Why cant Kap do the same? Stafford used his money and private donations as well.

Reggie Bullock bought a whole gym and center and brought it up to code and opened it up with his and private donations. Why isnt Kap doing that and putting his name on it.

Kneeling is self centered, just like the Pastor that stands in the pulpit but never shows up on church workdays or for a mission trip overseas.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Obama’s inept handling of those mentioned

May 29, 2020, 8:26 AM [ in reply to Re: It is sad. ]

Scenarios played a large role in getting trump elected, and set race relations back 20 years.

Utter failure.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

... and a complete missed opportunity. Rather than use

May 29, 2020, 8:31 AM

Those opportunities to raise constructive dialogue and drive solutions, he sided with the entrenched democratic political machine which rides the backs of and continues to oppress the black community for political gain.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Yep, he inflamed race,relations. Never tried to ease them

May 29, 2020, 8:33 AM [ in reply to Obama’s inept handling of those mentioned ]

Trump aint doing any better

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understood the initial reaction

May 29, 2020, 8:21 AM [ in reply to It is sad. ]

Now its getting too much.
Plus 90÷ are just looting and could care less about this stuff. I saw a white, 80 yr old lady looting.

Re: I understood the initial reaction

May 29, 2020, 4:51 PM

80 yr old lady looting.

I know this is a serious topic, but who can object to an 80-year old lady looting? That's just awesome and probably adorable.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Serious question:

May 29, 2020, 12:22 PM [ in reply to It is sad. ]

What specific change should they want?

I can send you an npr link showing that the supposed "white cops kill black people" mantra is statistically wrong. It is not happening.

It is true that if police are involved in too many deaths - that is another subject - every one is a tragedy that should be stopped. I am not going to argue about that.

I am asking about what specific thing you believe they are protesting for.

Serious answer

May 29, 2020, 4:27 PM

And it's going to sound simplistic, but I mean it and I'm not being facetious: End the systematic racism in America. It's still prevalent in many, many facets of our society and government. It's more than just police shootings.

And yeah, I agree police shootings are too much across the board (part of that is the militarization and overly aggressive training), but white officer killing unarmed black man is still a big problem.

That sounds wonderfully high minded. But you are the

May 29, 2020, 4:41 PM

one who said riots are okay if needed changes aren't made. If you're going to burn down your own homie's crib, shouldn't you be able to articulate what exactly you want?

If you can't do it, how can they?

In an encounter between a white police officer and a civilian, a black civilian is statistically safer than a white civilian. True facts. Links available upon request, but I can tell you now they include the NPR link and Harvard Univ. The only difference is the publication of anecdotal accounts.

We need more than anecdotally supported narratives to support a destruction of a culture. But I suspect the left doesn't care about that.

Whoa, whoa...

May 29, 2020, 5:06 PM

Not responding to any of your post or future ones unless you show me where I said this, or retract your claim:

"But you are the one who said riots are okay if needed changes aren't made."

What you respond to is your business. What you said was that

May 29, 2020, 6:03 PM

they can't get heard any other way. A reasonable interpretation, what most people would read, is that you were justifying the action. If they don't think they are being heard, burn down the streets. If you didn't mean it that way, feel free to clarify. But you can't be loose with words like that then hold up your hands like a defensive back: "I didn't do nothin', man". You said they couldn't be heard any other way. A fair question is, "Heard on what, exactly, so they don't burn the city down?"

Either way, the question remains. What exactly do they want in order to not burn the streets down? I can already show that a black person is at less risk with a white cop than a white person. So, what exactly needs to change to have them not burn stuff down?

But if you don't respond, I'll be fine, hard as that apparently is for you believe. No threats: do or don't. But you should answer for what you said.

Dude take Cata's offer and run

May 29, 2020, 6:06 PM

Dont worry, I'm not going to meet conditions.

May 29, 2020, 8:36 PM

The left is accustomed to manipulating people with threats of banishment from the club of moral superiority. I might be the only one, but i dont give a $hit.

Because you're trolling.***

May 29, 2020, 8:42 PM

Use reading comprehension.

May 29, 2020, 7:39 PM [ in reply to What you respond to is your business. What you said was that ]

Try it again:

"And while I don't think violence/destruction is ever the answer or helps a cause, it seems black Americans can't get any response doing it the right way."

There are only so many ways of not

May 29, 2020, 8:23 PM

answering a question. Sometimes you have take any excuse you can get, I suppose.

You will understand, I think, why the righteous outrage from one who calls me a racist for absolutely no reason doesn't carry any weight with me. I instead think you ought to get off your pretentious pedestal.

What exactly do they want, so they can not have an excuse to burn a city, and you can get off your moral platform? What exactly do they have to burn a city to get, because they think they cant get it otherwise? Yes, you did say that. So, what, exactly?

Or is the unanswerable question a better moral horse to ride through the ghetto of the deplorables?

Nope.

May 29, 2020, 8:48 PM

One of two things are happening in this thread, and let me just preface that I'm making an effort to be fairly rude to you here, just so there's no confusion:

1. You're either trolling intentionally because, well, as I see often after I've worked someone bad in past threads, they come in with absurdity to try to counter in other threads.

2. You really aren't smart and can't read well.

It's only one of those two things.

Because in no way can anyone read this:

And while I don't think violence/destruction is ever the answer or helps a cause, it seems black Americans can't get any response doing it the right way.

And come to this conclusion:

"But you are the one who said riots are okay if needed changes aren't made."

I very clearly state that violence/destruction isn't the answer or helps the cause, and that they aren't going about this the right way.

So whether it's 1 or 2, grow up.

I know you'll be too butt hurt to admit you were wrong here, but it won't take much for the rest of the board to see you just either fabricated something I said or you can't read well. You're on par at this moment with the Mountaineers dude, and even you know that's not a goal to strive for.

Its #2.

May 29, 2020, 8:51 PM

There. Your world is all better again. No need to be held accountable for you say, or answer the questions you raise. Leftist heaven. Nighty night.

I figured.

May 29, 2020, 8:55 PM

I'll translate your words now.

"####, I really did misread what he said and now I look dumb after all this. Better bail out."

No. The question I have asked you at least twice stands.

May 29, 2020, 8:58 PM

I'm still here, and I agree with your opinion of my mental abilities. Your world is safe. If you don't answer the question, that's up to you.

Re: No. The question I have asked you at least twice stands.

May 29, 2020, 9:03 PM

I tried to originally engage in a civil discussion with you and you immediately made the false claim that I advocated and condoned the riots. So no, I'm not going to entertain further real discussion with you.

Ah. Bailing. Good choice. Again, I am not taking claims

May 29, 2020, 9:06 PM

of civil discussion from a race baiter and name caller - to me personally - too seriously. You abandoned civil discussion some time ago when you decided to sling names in my direction. So, fine, bail.

Gee, I hope...

May 29, 2020, 9:08 PM

This doesn't make you want to throw a punch because "anger will be on your side". You're a child.

Do this. Start this thread from the beginning and see how I originally responded to you. Then see how you made a false accusation toward me.

Sorry, man. You're the one who chose to mess this up. You're a partisan hack. Nothing more, nothing less. One who foolishly believes that only his political side is the good one.

Its okay. I explained what I said that day.

May 29, 2020, 9:28 PM

I even explained before you responded to it. And what I did say was because you called me a racist. But you chose, and still choose, to not accept that. I can't help that, not then, not now.

Name calling remains your go-to. You mentioned in another thread that you are "the most called out person on t-net". I can't say why that might be, if true, but I do know that leading with anger and name calling is a consistent theme of your comments. I have spoken respectfully if frankly with you, and have initiated t-mail conversations. That gets me no benefit of the doubt with you, as you respond with name calling at various times. If I experience this, so do others. That creates a certain expectation which becomes part of the way people relate.

Believe that or not. Not preaching, just responding to your consistent name calling of me. If you like that sort of communication, and you like having those sorts of conversations, that is none of my business.

I change my response

May 29, 2020, 7:40 PM [ in reply to What you respond to is your business. What you said was that ]

You're intentionally misconstruing what I said to troll.

Sorry, but that's some overgeneralized BS...

May 30, 2020, 8:24 AM [ in reply to It is sad. ]

In this case, many are saying they're protesting for justice to be served. What I want to know is what they want to happen that is not happening, in terms of this specific case. The cops were fired, the one cop has been arrested and charged with murder. Is that not exactly what we want justice to look like at this point in a case like this?

And to say that "they can't get any response" without violence is ludicrous. There was overwhelming sentiment against the these cop's actions and calls for justice from all corners. These riots have done nothing to help the situation and only serve to lessen the outrage of the original action by complicating opinions.

I have the same impression as I had with Ferguson, most of the rioters can't tell you exactly what they're rioting about. They're just siezing the opportunity to riot.

And no one is making it harder for black people to vote.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The mayor is an incompetent idiot

May 29, 2020, 12:33 PM

You're off message. Racism is Southern. Dems are enlightened

May 29, 2020, 8:49 PM

Repeat that before you go to bed. Will sleep better. They do.

Replies: 32
| visibility 476
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic