Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wisky should have just declined to play in the B10 CCG
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Wisky should have just declined to play in the B10 CCG

Dec 4, 2017, 8:46 PM

They were ahead of Bama last week. If neither of them played, Bama shouldn't have moved ahead of them!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wisky should have just declined to play in the B10 CCG

Dec 4, 2017, 8:51 PM

Or, alternatively they could have beaten Ohio State and proved they were the best team in their own conference. I would be embarrassed as a fan if Clemson sat out the ACCCG because it was too big of a "risk". That's just me though.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tmax, I'm just being sarcastic, but making the point that

Dec 4, 2017, 8:55 PM

Bama just sat on their butts, risked nothing and moved past a team that lost their CCG, when Bama didn't even qualify to play in one!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tmax, I'm just being sarcastic, but making the point that

Dec 4, 2017, 9:02 PM

Yeah, that's the way it works though. They made the mistake last year by putting OSU in, IF you believe in the Conf title games. Personally I think Bama's one of the 4 best, not necessarily deserving though.

I read the thread on here about Bama only playing 4 true out of conference road games since 2000. I wish somebody in the media would bring this up. That is a disgrace IMO.

Must be nice...

Dec 4, 2017, 8:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Wisky should have just declined to play in the B10 CCG ]

To just sit around doing nothing all day long Saturday awaiting the CFP Committee’s “eye test” bs excuse to get you in on Sunday.

Well earned, Bammer.

~JKB

and also risk no injuries unlike the teams

Dec 4, 2017, 9:00 PM

that played in conf championships.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2017, 9:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Wisky should have just declined to play in the B10 CCG ]

I don't see how Bama can jump 2 teams that played a game and lost when Bama didn't even play. Auburn and Wisc should be ahead still. Not that it matters now just my opinion. Auburn is better than Bama. It doesn't matter the records between Bama and Ohio St why does it between Auburn and Bama?

Players are not playing in meaningless bowls,teams might do

Dec 4, 2017, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Wisky should have just declined to play in the B10 CCG ]

the same

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excellent point***

Dec 4, 2017, 9:02 PM

Conference championship isnt a requirement.

Dec 4, 2017, 9:12 PM

And I'm fine with that.

Actually nothing is a requirement when it comes to CFP selection. Its judged like a pageant. The judges know who they want and in the end they will find their justification. And I'm fine with that as long as we are limited to four spots. Expand to six or eight, then make the conference champion an auto-qualify.

There may be years when this beauty pageant format works to our favor in the mean time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is one of the pieces of selection criteria though...

Dec 4, 2017, 9:33 PM

It's one of four. Ohio State led Bama in 3 of the 4 stated pieces. There's no way around it - it's simply absurd Bama got selected ahead of Ohio State.

The "system" is more broken than Obamacare. The committee has now made it clear - they caved into Saban's whining, and they're pretty much useless. Just make a fricken computer code (like Ohio State winning 3 of the 4 known measurables), and be done with it. Can't trust the subjective nature of fickle "judges".

Maybe Power 5 teams will start to decline big OOC

Dec 4, 2017, 9:16 PM

matchups early season and shoot for medium pace instead. Looks better in the L column if it goes sideways.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2017, 10:04 PM

This doesn't sound as unbelievable as some would think.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It would have been a forfeit and sure to keep them out.

Dec 4, 2017, 10:06 PM

I doubt Wisconsin would have made the cut even had they beaten OSU. It all comes down to who could present the best challenge to Clemson since we were the natural, obvious #1 seed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wisc was already ranked ahead of Bama. You think they would have

Dec 4, 2017, 10:19 PM

dropped them after beating Ohio State? No way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

You can't really believe that??

Dec 4, 2017, 10:27 PM [ in reply to It would have been a forfeit and sure to keep them out. ]

Wisconsin wins and they're in. They were already ahead of Bama.

Okay. Alabama gets in. Let's just...

Dec 4, 2017, 11:11 PM

Let's just shut out the playoff team that didn't win their conference championship.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic