Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Defense dominates early with two pick-sixes in Saturday scrimmage
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

New Story: Defense dominates early with two pick-sixes in Saturday scrimmage

Aug 16, 2014, 2:20 PM

Defense dominates early with two pick-sixes in Saturday scrimmage

Tony Steward and Jadar Johnson each returned interceptions for touchdowns early as Clemson's defense dominated the early portion of Saturday's scrimmage in Death Valley. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would think our defense would have a real advantage at

Aug 16, 2014, 2:28 PM

this point.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Agreed.

Aug 16, 2014, 2:29 PM

I'd like to see the stats and get a little more info on the QBs. Seems like they struggled today.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would think our defense would have a real advantage at

Aug 16, 2014, 2:43 PM [ in reply to I would think our defense would have a real advantage at ]

helps when you see the same plays everyday too

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's what I mean. Not many offenses can simply rely on

Aug 16, 2014, 3:17 PM

sheer physical superiority. All rely in large part on "fooling" the defense to some degree, or keeping them guessing at the very least. Our defense knows every single offensive play, how each one develops and unfolds, not to mention the tendencies of each and every offensive player. It's almost like, when late in a game and the team that is behind is forced to throw the ball, it allows defenses to really tee-off on the QB. They know what the offense is going to do, and it gives them a real advantage.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: That's what I mean. Not many offenses can simply rely on

Aug 16, 2014, 7:13 PM

You make some interesting points. However, I can't imagine that our offense telegraphs every play to the
defense. Our coordinators are very competitive guys who
want to highlight their particular units. To think that Chad wouldn't try and outsmart our defense on every play
is unbelievable. To think that Venables isn't trying to anticipate and stuff every play devised by the offense is unreasonable. Believe me, there is game-type competition out there at every practice. All the better for us. I'd say at this point. the defense is winning.

Re: New Story: Defense dominates early with two pick-sixes in Saturday scrimmage

Aug 16, 2014, 2:37 PM

I guess the 2011 OB didn't teach Dabo anything.

"We're going to be pretty good on offense too. Ya'll just remember that and go ahead and write that down."

What's that supposed to mean?

Aug 16, 2014, 5:58 PM

You thinking the 2011 OB can happen under Venables? If you do there's a room on Bull St. For you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: What's that supposed to mean?

Aug 16, 2014, 7:21 PM

I think he was referring to the offense, which to most of us remains a huge question mark.

It is hard to know how to react to this. If one does well,

Aug 16, 2014, 2:52 PM

It means the other does not. Fortunately other teams will not have our play book.

We're about to see how good Chad Morris really is on 8/30.***

Aug 16, 2014, 3:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: We're about to see how good Chad Morris really is on 8/30.***

Aug 16, 2014, 7:31 PM

He will need to come up with some real innovation. Frankly, I don't have a clue. IMHO, our OL seems really suspect. None of the big RB's we have seem to have stepped up. Dabo mentioned a run by D.J. Howard, which he then attributed to a missed tackle. I'd rate DJ as perhaps our fourth best running back. I've heard that UGA is loaded. I'm always hopeful, but we'll see.

Re: New Story: Defense dominates early with two pick-sixes in Saturday scrimmage

Aug 16, 2014, 3:22 PM

Steward is going to have a monster year.

Aug 16, 2014, 3:24 PM

Random thought, but the article mentions Deshaun's teardrop throw. It's always amazed me how different the trajectory of a deep ball looks when you're in the stadium than it does on TV. You don't realize how high some of those balls are thrown unless you've got a good angle on the playing field.

Aug 16, 2014, 6:54 PM

Old saying on this type of pass, is called "dropping it in the bucket" or "putting it on the money".

Aug 16, 2014, 3:25 PM

Do enough to get it done on Aug 30th!!

Be "Much improved" come....

Week 3.....please!!!

Go Tigers!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proud of Jadar, he's gonna be a great one.***

Aug 16, 2014, 3:25 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Proud of Jadar, he's gonna be a great one.***

Aug 16, 2014, 7:39 PM

He apparently knows how to play assignment football, something Jayron Kearse, despite his athletic ability,
hasn't yet grasped or bought into yet. And look at
the bulk Jadar has put on. My guess is that he wins the position.

Aug 16, 2014, 3:31 PM

Smiling Tiger, you hit the nail square in with your two comments!! Spot the ball and let's get started !!

Aug 16, 2014, 6:45 PM

Here is the deal, if the defense was stinking we'd be crying about our defense again, and now our defense is solid and we're crying about our offense. If the offense is doing there job then the D looks bad and if the D is doing their job then the offense looks bad. If. Our D plays like a top 5 D and our 25 running backs can move the ball and our QB CAN HIT HIS CHECK DOWNS then we'll be okay this year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2014, 6:57 PM

This defense is in a position to put many points on the board in many ways if all go all out on every play. Defense win ballgames, the offense makes you look good.

Aug 16, 2014, 7:41 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Defense dominates early with two pick-sixes in Saturday scrimmage ]

Good points. We could be a surprise team.

For "Peake's" sake!

Aug 16, 2014, 7:26 PM

I hope is 100% when he plays .... His injuries have been so untimely ... God bless him

Re: For "Peake's" sake!

Aug 16, 2014, 7:43 PM

Amen. I hope they don't play him too soon.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic