Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Soooooooo...when are the CEOs of these healthcare
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Soooooooo...when are the CEOs of these healthcare

Mar 30, 2020, 6:46 PM

companies and hospitals going to asked why they are out of basic supplies? I never knew the POTUS was responsible for inventorying every hospital system in the country the min he is sworn in.

Am I missing something? TIA.

I know supply chain people in healthcare, and none of them ever order stuff from politicians.

Message was edited by: TigerFanX2000®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fair question, but, these are not normal times...

Mar 30, 2020, 6:52 PM

What should be considered the "design basis" or "bounding case" for the health care supplies that each health organization has to have on hand at any one time? If we say that "COVID-19" is the bounding case and the total number of US cases ends up being 50,000,000, then are we going to hold them responsible when the ChiComs unleash the next round on the world and the total US cases is 100,000,000, then what?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good point***

Mar 30, 2020, 6:53 PM

Just trying to wrap my head around how POTUS is responsible for all of that. If we can use that logic for the hospital systems, then shouldn't the same apply to POTUS? All we hear all day every day is how it's Trump's fault.

Re: Soooooooo...when are the CEOs of these healthcare

Mar 30, 2020, 7:01 PM

POTUS is very fortunate the major companies are stepping up because Fed Gov or State gov can't get it done.

Interesting (I live in Lexington) and prisma health laid off a ton of people today. When local news asked who, they said it was support personnel that orders and sets up elective surgeries and acquires supplies... Wow, why couldn't they be procuring ppe??

So more peeps out of work and on my payroll while they get unemployment.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep. I have nurse friends who work in Internal Medicine

Mar 30, 2020, 7:04 PM

who are getting temporary layoffs. I don't imagine it would be difficult at all for RNs to get employment right now, but they are taking the break and the checks. lol

Mar 30, 2020, 7:02 PM

The thing is healthcare companies and hospitals in America are in business to make money, just like any other business. Stockpiling piles of supplies to sit on a shelf for a pandemic that may never come doesn't do anything to make them money, so they don't do it. If it's something that doesn't make business sense, but should to be done anyway for the overall benefit of The People, that's the job of the federal government to step in and do it. The federal government spends money every day on things that are perceived as 'stupid'.

Mar 30, 2020, 7:04 PM

Good point.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great point indeed.

Mar 30, 2020, 7:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Soooooooo...when are the CEOs of these healthcare ]

Also, many of those supplies have expiration dates. Even the masks.

Re: Great point indeed.

Mar 30, 2020, 8:00 PM

Lawsuit waiting to happen... Ashamed.

It is each state’s responsibility. NY was

Mar 30, 2020, 9:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Soooooooo...when are the CEOs of these healthcare ]

advised to have more hospital beds, ventilators, etc. but they chose to spend the money on stupid stuff like solar panels.

Mar 30, 2020, 8:09 PM

maybe not the minute he was sworn in, but perhaps sometime in the nearly 4 years he's been in office, perhaps before he decided to defund the pandemic disease unit set up by the previous president, or before he decided to send 18 tons of medical supplies to China in January.

Simply not true. I've researched it, and that isn't at all

Mar 30, 2020, 9:20 PM

what happened.They left. The shameful thing is they weren't replaced. That one is on Trump.

I do want to see Gov. Cuomo craft ventilators out of solar panels though. That would be fun to watch.

PPE Usage up 10X to 20X with infectious disease epidemic.***

Mar 30, 2020, 8:20 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic