Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It is definitely time to move on from Scelliott
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,551

It is definitely time to move on from Scelliott

Oct 1, 2019, 12:10 PM

Signed, Alabama. Notre Dame. FSU. South Carolina. Ohio State. Oklahoma. The ACC. The SEC. The Big Ten. The Big 12. Paul Finebaum. eSECpn. Every Power 5 DC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It is definitely time to move on from Scelliott

Oct 1, 2019, 12:31 PM

I know it's only a small number of our fans, and I also know that many of those are troll accounts, but I remember seeing similar posts about them early last season as well. I've just never understood it. I realize they've had some great talent here, but it's not like we're the only team playing with talented players.

Those same people usually use Venables as an excuse along with our talent on offense to counter to the response of all our wins and championships with them as OC. Venables is the best in the country at what he does without a doubt IMO. However, why is it fair to use talent as an excuse for the success of the offense, but not acknowledge the high number of talented players on defense as well?

Also, even the best coaches have bad games from time to time, and that includes BV. It hasn't happened often, but our game against Pitt in 2016 is one example as well as the South Carolina game last season. I'd say our offense saved us from the South Carolina game being very uncomfortable at the very least. One could also argue that our defense didn't play well against Bama in 2015 and 2016 based on the points we gave up. Speaking of Bama, their defense is loaded with NFL players, and coached by a great defensive minded coach as well. Yes we've had a ton of talent on offense, but you don't put up the numbers we have against Bama in the 3 NC games without great coaching as well. I'm not going to be an idiot and argue against BV being a great DC based on a few poor games compared to a ton of great ones, and I'm not going to do the same to our OC's either.

Wish This Post Could be Plastered All over Tnet

Oct 1, 2019, 1:05 PM

Exactly! How do so many people come to the conclusion our play calls are bad? I think in some people's minds we are supposed to be scoring 84 points per game and never punting!

Etienne is supposed to have 200 yards a game.
Each OL has 3 pancake blocks a game.
TL16 and CB7 both have upward of 270 yards "each"!
Each WR has over a hundred yards.

Man, people please! Football is the ultimate team game. If everybody isn't on par or on the same page it is possible to get exposed. These 1st few games it seems our staff uses to evaluate who all they can trust. Then later they start narrowing down and getting the guys more Playing Time that have proven it in games! The U of Non - Compliance game was just the 5th game with this 2019 team. Perhaps things are still unsettled quite yet. Maybe some new starters are still figuring it out; but meanwhile you maybe can't run the whole playbook to protect those guys.

I feel like everyone looks at the Bama highlights and see Tua throw a slant that goes for a TD! Tua is a masterful slant thrower and deep ball thrower! They did the same thing to their SEC competition last year "remember"! LSU this year is doing the same thing only they giving up 38 points to Vanderbilt while they do it.

Let's not worry about how efficient Bama and LSU and Oklahoma look on offense. Why? BV is at Clemson and history has shown some of those "WIde A-Open throws those QB's get won't necessarily be there consistently against us. Elliott and Scott have proven themselves on the highest stages of college football. They know the offense isn't where it needs to be: "their professional name and their self pride won't just allow it to stay that way"! I trust these guys fully to keep doing what is needed to get the offense where it needs to be. 100%

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly, I'm thinking we need to change directions toward

Oct 1, 2019, 12:35 PM

something like Elliscott.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,551
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic