Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Rodriguez proud to carry American flag and honor Clemson's military tradition
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Rodriguez proud to carry American flag and honor Clemson's military tradition

Oct 19, 2012, 8:01 PM

Rodriguez proud to carry American flag and honor Clemson's military tradition

U.S. Army veteran Daniel Rodriguez is proud to carry the American flag down The Hill as part of Clemson's Military Appreciation Day. He is also looking forward to playing Virginia Tech, the team he grew up rooting for. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Rodriguez proud to carry American flag and honor Clemson's military tradition

Oct 19, 2012, 8:28 PM

Wow...I've been in the military for 9 1/2 years and luckily have never had to endure anything like Rodriguez had to endure. Even as a military serviceman I sometimes take for granted my safety, while others are out there fighting in ways that I could never imagine. I'm glad Daniel is a Tiger!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Rodriguez proud to carry American flag and honor Clemson's military tradition

Oct 19, 2012, 8:38 PM

Being a soldier in the Army I don't know whether I'm more excited about the game or seeing Daniel lead that team down the hill. This team will fight tomorrow and VA TECH will leave Death Valley and remember.

Oct 19, 2012, 8:49 PM

Can i just say one thing. Danny ford would never, never, never let one of his players jump in the middle of the hill. NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think DR is a great young man and i appreciate everyone who has ever served in the us military. Thanks to all for our freedom, thanks so much. Lot's of respect.

Oct 19, 2012, 9:03 PM

lots of guys jump in the middle of the hill...willy korn threw up the DX sign across his crotch while airborne...Danny Ford was then, this is now

congrats to Rodriguez...he's the man

Oct 20, 2012, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Rodriguez proud to carry American flag and honor Clemson's military tradition ]

When DF was coach we didn't watch games on Big Flat Screens, but now we do. Bringing what Danny did compared to what is done now is a moot point. Just sayin.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2012, 9:00 PM

Sorry I don't get to see this. I am so happy for Daniel, and believe he deserves all of this positive attention. I thank him, and wish nothing but the best.....a TD would be AWESOME! Go Tigers!

Oct 19, 2012, 9:11 PM

Hopefully they show it on ESPN2, but I doubt it.

I really hope we blow out the turkeys

Oct 19, 2012, 9:28 PM

so that Daniel can get in the game.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: I really hope we blow out the turkeys

Oct 19, 2012, 9:30 PM

It is also his late father's birthday.

Clemson Soldier

Re: I really hope we blow out the turkeys

Oct 19, 2012, 10:39 PM

That's huge. What a big day for DR. Hope this day in Death Valley is one in which brings all his hard work to reality. What a great story. Great soldier. Great for Clemson University. Didn't realize that about his ole man.
He's a man now.
A Clemson Man.
Glad he chose to be a Tiger.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WNCTiger11

Oct 20, 2012, 7:36 AM

http://www.postandcourier.com/

It is always difficult to read or hear about young men and

Oct 20, 2012, 8:47 AM

women who go off to war and make the ultimate sacrifice or return with vivid memories that will remain with them the rest of their lives. I suppose the difficulty is more pronounced among some of us who are older and have served in our armed forces, for while we have been blessed with longevity, we can only imagine what contributions to our society that those who died on the field of battle could have made. For those heroes like Daniel I believe it is important that we are sincere in our expressions of appreciation and in our honors for their service. Clemson has always been in the forefront of those honors, and for that, I am both appreciative and proud.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic