Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ok P&R, Who you got for 2020 and why?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1

Ok P&R, Who you got for 2020 and why?

Mar 15, 2019, 8:59 AM

Honestly I'm to the point where I will vote for almost anybody but Trump.

I agree our economy has done great (how much that can be contributed to him is debatable) during his time in office.

However, for me, the bad outweighs the good.

The run around Congress to pass a border wall that he had in the bag if he didn't listen to Fox News

The Fox News Presidency

The constant scandals. So much so he can't even keep a full cabinet.

The office of the presidency no longer has the respect it had.

The racism that has become much more rampant. I'm not saying Trump is a racist, but racists think he's a racist and that is empowering them to no end.

I'm done with a troll for president

I would love to vote for an economic candidate like Trump without all of the other issues of Trump.

#winning

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Why does the left not want border security?

Mar 15, 2019, 9:14 AM

It's been clearly documented they were for it in years past.

I can only assume it's because they are against Trump or they want more democratic voters or both.

You got other reasons?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Could be the fact that the left gave him most of

Mar 15, 2019, 9:15 AM

what he wanted. He sat down, watched Fox News say it was a bad idea and went back on the deal then forced a government shutdown

Maybe after that they decided it wasn't worth it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or it could be the fact that Border Patrol

Mar 15, 2019, 9:16 AM

and many studies have shown that a wall is less effective than technological monitoring systems.

So why spend billions on something when there's a better alternative?

Or it could be you are spewing

Mar 15, 2019, 9:17 AM

talking points from Breitbart

No, No and No.***

Mar 15, 2019, 9:21 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Thanks for playing***

Mar 15, 2019, 9:22 AM

Technology, yeah! LOL***

Mar 15, 2019, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Or it could be the fact that Border Patrol ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is all about Congressional seat re-distribution. The same

Mar 15, 2019, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Why does the left not want border security? ]

reason they don't want the citizenship question on the census.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why does the left not want border security?

Mar 15, 2019, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Why does the left not want border security? ]

The left wants border security, but we prefer that Trump looks like a fool for claiming Mexico would pay for our wall. They want that out there for the 2020 election.

I don't know who the candidates are yet.***

Mar 15, 2019, 9:32 AM

Well, you're stuck with a dem.

Mar 15, 2019, 9:32 AM

So there's that.

The money will be on the centrist dems running. Beto seems to be taking that tact, and the Starbucks guy as well. Dems know that if you have Trump for the GOP alone, then they can rake in votes going to the middle, although they have a ton of wingnuts pushing a far left agenda.

Point is you won't find a dem who will do what Trump is doing economically. Just won't happen. A few pubs may, but they won't have a chance against Trump inside the GOP.

I predict the dems have already picked their person. He/she will run a centrist sounding campaign against Trump, but make no mistake, if they win they will turn HARD left because that's where the party is heading.

I can think of several pubs I'd vote for OVER Trump in 2020. They won't run though. I always tell people the primaries are the most important vote you cast for President. Trump wasn't my primary vote, but was for President. Only guy I may entertain thinking about is the Starbucks guy at this point. The dems don't want him, the pubs don't want him, and that's good enough for me to consider him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Already picked their person? Please explain.***

Mar 15, 2019, 9:43 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their establishment has a candidate

Mar 15, 2019, 9:54 AM

They excluded Bernie last time. They have someone in mind. I'm thinking Beto. We will know eventually. They will aim for the center, although they have a lot of candidates hard left. A sheer numbers game would necessitate a centrist, reasonable candidate for them. A centrist could grab a lot of disenfranchised GOP voters and most of the dems. If they run a hard left candidate, the numbers will be less for them. The centrist voters are soft on Trump and that's where they will aim, or should aim.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What about anything in the Democratic party right now

Mar 19, 2019, 12:31 PM

points to them aiming at a centrist? The entire field is stumbling over each other to get further left.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Clemson over Bama. Offense carries the team until the D

Mar 15, 2019, 9:36 AM

Comes of age in the second half of the season. Tigers Score two TDS in lat 7 minutes of 4th quarter to win NC game by 3 - Tide misses a game tying FG as times runs out when kicker trips because his Nike cleats blow out.

Many TigerNetters are conflicted and seek counseling to reconcile their feelings about Nike.

John Stewart wins the Democratic nomination after a deadlocked convention that lasts until October. Trump resigns and elopes with Kim Jong Un two weeks before the election.

Florida is ordered to have a second election because gross incompetence by every election official on the east coast south of Daytona. The baby boomer retirees fail to vote in sufficient numbers because unwilling to miss second Tuesday bingo at the trailer park rec center and 2 for 1 lunch specials at Texas Roadhouse.

Stewart edges Pence by winning Florida. Trump and Kim star in a new reality show that quickly becomes the #1 show on TV.

You should be writing for SNL...***

Mar 15, 2019, 8:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Biden. He's going to have his 30% (similar to Trump in

Mar 15, 2019, 9:36 AM

2016) and the other 15 Demers will split the rest of the vote in the primary.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thinking no one gets over 20% in Iowa or NH.***

Mar 15, 2019, 9:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Possibly, but Biden is going to get some large percentage

Mar 15, 2019, 10:40 AM

of the Demer base. I think that percentage will be high enough to win - IF 15 candidates stay in the race very long.

(Side note: I interpreted the OPs question as "who do I think will win?", not "who do I want to win?".)

Easy choice for me. I’ll be for John Hickenlooper or

Mar 15, 2019, 9:51 AM

Steve Bullock, the two Dem centrist candidates, but favor Hick because of his business (beer) background.

Whichever one does best in Iowa/NH, I’ll probably jump on the bandwagon.

Like Biden but too old and nutty.

Well, who YOU got? You just said who you ain't got...***

Mar 15, 2019, 9:53 AM

My plan is to go with Joe.

Mar 15, 2019, 12:38 PM

If he falls out then who knows

Re: Ok P&R, Who you got for 2020 and why?

Trump. Cause MAGA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What scandal? Constant scandals? Where are they? What are you talking about?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2019, 10:07 AM

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/2/20/17031772/mueller-indictments-grand-jury

Mar 15, 2019, 10:20 AM

What? That a liar going to jail for lying.

FBCoach would rather be dirt poor with zero 401k, but feel all warm and fuzzy inside. You have to pick your poison at some point.

what candidate would tank the market?

Mar 15, 2019, 10:55 AM

I mean legitimate candidates, not AOC types.

And where is all of this rampant racism?***

Mar 15, 2019, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Ok P&R, Who you got for 2020 and why? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At some point, being against illegal immigration became

Mar 15, 2019, 10:37 AM

racist. Try to keep up please...

Not really.***

Mar 15, 2019, 11:33 AM

POTD***

Mar 15, 2019, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Ok P&R, Who you got for 2020 and why? ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not saying your wrong or not

Mar 15, 2019, 10:39 AM

but how has racism gotten more prevelant?

I'd say hate/violence towards any pub is much more on the increase than anything.

And I would agree with your last stmt. I'd love for a pub who doesnt back down like Trump and works hard to improve things economically like Trump, but doesnt act like a 5 yr old. BUT all the other pubs were lying POS #######, hence Trump

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John Kasich, Scott Walker, and Jeb Bush were

Mar 15, 2019, 10:53 AM

lying POS #######, but Trump isn’t?

You have a strange way of determining who the real tough guys are.

Yes

Mar 15, 2019, 11:08 AM

I was a Walker fan but someone must've had something on him cause he bailed before the primaries were even a day old.

Kasich and Bush are just RINOs. Bush had no voting record to become a liar.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Low tax, low spend guys like this aren’t really

Mar 15, 2019, 11:12 AM

Republicans? Why? Because they exude class instead attacking people’s wives and war vets?.

You’re living in bizarro world.

low spend LUTZ!!!!!!!!

Mar 15, 2019, 11:14 AM

pubs are famous to trumpeting low spend when they dont have the power AND to get elected.
Once they get power, they spend like drunk ######.

I've learned to accept it now. Aint gonna change.

just like the trumpet walls and debt ceilings and

Mar 15, 2019, 11:15 AM

doing something about illegals. Get them in power and all they do it stonewall you.

Oh and dont get me started on Obamacare lies.

All 3 are on record as low-spend as opposed to Trump.

Mar 15, 2019, 11:23 AM [ in reply to low spend LUTZ!!!!!!!! ]

Trumpers seem to be the real RINOs.

on record, lol. And so was GW

Mar 15, 2019, 11:40 AM

and he got in and spent like a drunk #####. Nothing like the 10 trillion Obama did, but still for that time, it was a lot.

At least Trump didnt hide the fact he was going to spend. His plan to spend on infrastructure, which still hasn't happened, was key to know he wasn't going to cut the debt.

You seriously questioning Kasich's fiscal record?....

Mar 15, 2019, 9:09 PM [ in reply to low spend LUTZ!!!!!!!! ]

You have to be kidding.

Mar 15, 2019, 11:00 AM

Really disappointed in Beto's video speech yesterday. He went hard left but maybe that's the tactic to get the nomination. He's much farther left as a presidential candidate than when he ran for the Senate against Cruz. I can see Beto teaming up with one of the old white guys to make a run.

Wish someone would show Howard Schultz some love (politically speaking).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_bowl_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You'll see all of the dems go hard left

Mar 15, 2019, 11:03 AM

until after the nomination. Only the most die hard and extreme people vote in primaries. That's who they have to pander to.

Then they'll move back to the middle to scoop up the moderate GOP vote who are tired of Trump.

Someone who wants to decrease the size and scope

Mar 15, 2019, 11:13 AM

of the federal government.

That won't happen again, so I'm left with hoping for the most inept candidate who may further damage people's faith in the government so we can have a real change before it's too late.

If Trump and Hillary didn't convince people to break the two-party system, nothing will. If Trump's behavior doesn't convince people to pump the breaks on the growing power of the federal government, then nothing will.

So, not holding breath.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pete Buttigieg

Mar 15, 2019, 1:39 PM

If you haven't heard him speak, do yourself a favor and check him out.

Booker***

Mar 15, 2019, 8:25 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't know the odds, but I predict a Harris / O'Roarke

Mar 15, 2019, 8:26 PM

ticket for the Dems in 2020. The Prosecutor and Cover Boy. IMO Beto is at least 3x Dan Quayle in the VP slot, and Kamala has legit chops to close at the top.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't know the odds, but I predict a Harris / O'Roarke

Mar 16, 2019, 12:25 AM

That won't happen. It will be Biden and someone young. Who that VP is remains to be seen. I could see Beto possibly.

Trump

Mar 16, 2019, 8:30 AM

Anybody else and we lose the country. If you don’t believe THAT then you were unaware of the forces trying to destroy America to begin with. Not seeing the problem disqualifies you from participating in the solution.

Lulz.***

Mar 16, 2019, 9:45 AM

So if anyone else other that than President Trump

Mar 19, 2019, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Trump ]

is elected in 2020, the United States will cease to exist?

Really?

Holy bump batman***

Mar 19, 2019, 12:03 PM

If you really think that "anybody else"

Mar 19, 2019, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Trump ]

but Trump would result in losing the country, you've got a few fundamental misconceptions about democracy.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 52
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic