Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Las Vegas shooter reportedly had 50 pounds of Tannerite
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Las Vegas shooter reportedly had 50 pounds of Tannerite

Oct 5, 2017, 2:09 PM

in his car.

Info on Tannerite, with lulz on anecdotes from dolts shooting it inside drums, stoves, lawnmowers, and other enclosed spaces:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tannerite

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

He also tried to shoot up the aviation fuel tanks

Oct 5, 2017, 2:12 PM

The bullets didn't pierce it, so no explosion.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saw that, too.

Oct 5, 2017, 2:14 PM

I'm 61, and I've shot an AR-15 at a range, about 50 rounds total. It's exhausting.

I just have my doubts about a 64 year old sedentary gambler shooting that many rounds on his own. I guess it's possible, but it seems a bit of a stretch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, if he has that think on a hard surface, ain't no thing

Oct 5, 2017, 2:35 PM

Kick on a .223 ain't that bad. He's just squeezing a trigger.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but that bump fire tho'

Oct 5, 2017, 2:49 PM

for the slid fire to work you have to pull the rifle forward with your left hand (for a right hand shooter) Its like you are trying to pull the gun apart. It is exhausting.

Sustained fire for 10 minutes would be exhausting.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was mainly referring to aiming carefully at a target at

Oct 5, 2017, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Man, if he has that think on a hard surface, ain't no thing ]

200 yards, in daylight. I guess if you're just spraying rounds, it isn't too big a deal, but a .223 is also loud as hayull. I'm sure he had hearing protection, but still...

the gun design in general is loud. That's what the muzzle

Oct 5, 2017, 4:27 PM

brakes (evil flash hiders) are for i think.

The gas (lol) and smoke in that room would be rough to handle too I'd think. Maybe that's why he busted 2 windows so air could purge. I dunno. Just thought I'd add some useless ####.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, there would be brass everywhere, too.***

Oct 5, 2017, 5:05 PM

how many of these were needed

Oct 5, 2017, 6:19 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

100 rounds of .223 through my Mossberg bolt action is making

Oct 5, 2017, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Saw that, too. ]

a day of it. A buddy of mine has a Slide-Fire kit on an AK-47. One 30 round magazine through that will shake your shoulder out of joint if you're not braced for it.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't he have gun stands? Like he wasn't holding them up***

Oct 5, 2017, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Saw that, too. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dunno.***

Oct 5, 2017, 4:19 PM

bipods? yes

Oct 5, 2017, 4:30 PM [ in reply to Didn't he have gun stands? Like he wasn't holding them up*** ]

I read that he had platforms or something made up at the windows too. He had to have some serious practice to make those bump stocks work that long. From what I've heard, they are a PIA to run for a sustained amount of time, ie. just long enough for a mag dump.

Maybe that's why he had so many rifles with him

Oct 5, 2017, 4:31 PM

Dump a mag, and move to the next rifle.

and to keep from getting the guns too hot?

Oct 5, 2017, 4:34 PM

I'm wondering if he hadn't planned on doing this for a while longer with all that he had.

I mean, he had enough artillery to fight off a 3rd world

Oct 5, 2017, 4:39 PM

country almost as big as RHTig's Kingdom and he #### his pants and killed himself when a single renta cop knocked on the door? What a #####! I'd like to go to the morgue and throat punch his ### and beat him with a baseball bat until his limbs fall off and cut his dack off and shove it up his #### so the devil can't figure his ### out when he gets down there. What a POS.

Re: He also tried to shoot up the aviation fuel tanks

Oct 5, 2017, 2:17 PM [ in reply to He also tried to shoot up the aviation fuel tanks ]

Did you know that Franklin Pierce unquestionably drank heavily during certain periods of his life, and alcoholism contributed to or caused his death. But he didn't make a habit of announcing it.

Franklin Pierce must be 7spots' favorite president

I saw they were saying he wasn't aiming at them

Oct 5, 2017, 4:13 PM [ in reply to He also tried to shoot up the aviation fuel tanks ]

he was just spraying bullets and some of them hit the tanks but they didn't think he was intentionally shooting at the fuel tanks. Who knows but even if he did pierce the tank the fuel would have just leaked out unless he was shooting incendiary rounds like tracers.

well, he was shooting at the airport jet fuel tanks

Oct 5, 2017, 2:13 PM

maybe he planned to put that stuff at the base of the fuel tanks but was unable to.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/the-strip/las-vegas-strip-shooter-targeted-aviation-fuel-tanks-source-says/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tannerite sounds like fun!***

Oct 5, 2017, 2:21 PM

It is!!!

Oct 5, 2017, 3:03 PM

We only shoot the smaller containers or "targets" like 1/4 to 1lb but it makes a heck of a bang. We blow up stumps, strap it to trees and blow them down, and you can pour gas on a brush pile set the target in front and you get an explosion and fire. Neighbors hate it though as you would imagine.

Doesn't it just make a show, but not a real explosion?

Oct 5, 2017, 2:25 PM

I had a friend who did a gender reveal by shooting a rifle at a target filled with colored tannerite that made a big puff of blue smoke. Didn't seem dangerous at all

Now the fertilizer he had could be a different story

gender reveal?***

Oct 5, 2017, 2:26 PM

It's this new thing millennials are doing.

Oct 5, 2017, 2:29 PM

When a kid turns 18 they have a big party and the kid reveals what gender they've decided to identify as. Some of these parties include little gimmicks like this one usually with pink meaning girl and blue meaning boy.

ROH

what the eff has happened to our country?

Oct 5, 2017, 2:31 PM

I can't imagine my father ever participating in any kind of "gender reveal".

He mighta kicked somebodies ### just for mentioning it.

You laugh, but I will not be surprised to see this become a

Oct 5, 2017, 2:32 PM [ in reply to It's this new thing millennials are doing. ]

thing within the next few years. Seems like people can only take so many selfies before they start going to extremes to get attention these days.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what color means gender neutral ?***

Oct 5, 2017, 2:32 PM [ in reply to It's this new thing millennials are doing. ]

Off white***

Oct 5, 2017, 2:33 PM

ROH

I'd say white, but wouldn't want to impart any sort of white

Oct 5, 2017, 2:35 PM [ in reply to what color means gender neutral ?*** ]

privilige on yourself when trying to join an oppressed minority group. Maybe a nice beige?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What color is Haley Berry?

Oct 5, 2017, 3:49 PM

That seems appropriate.

Re: Mr. CS02, Mr. Celtic left a message for you on Line 1

Oct 5, 2017, 3:55 PM

He said, "You're messing with fire."

;)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Click the wiki link, and read the incidents at the bottom

Oct 5, 2017, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Doesn't it just make a show, but not a real explosion? ]

of the article. Typically, you are correct, but it will propel shrapnel from an enclosure by blowing it to bits.

Was just about to post this

Oct 5, 2017, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Doesn't it just make a show, but not a real explosion? ]

You know Kevin?

Put it in a confined space and it will make a real explosion. Not so much in a cardboard box.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Enough tannerite produces quite the shock wave.

Oct 5, 2017, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Doesn't it just make a show, but not a real explosion? ]

No fireball, just a boom and a shockwave.

Back in the day we used to play around with sodium chlorate

Oct 5, 2017, 2:54 PM

and sugar, you mixed it half and half. Dependable Feed & Seed on Easley Bridge Rd in Gville was the only place that carried sodium chlorate in powder form, it was always pre-mixed as a liquid. As I recall, we could get 10 lbs for around $5, and I could easily nab a 10 lb bag of sugar from my mom's restaurant. So for 5 bucks we had 20 lbs of super explosive. Cheap fun...

We usually made pipe bombs with a cigarette fuse so we could get far enough away not to get killed. A couple pounds of that stuff would blow a big stump into the air and deposit it a 100 yds away, and leave a hole in the ground about 3 feet deep. Even a small bomb was powerful enough to blow a kitchen appliance to pieces, if we found an old oven or fridge tossed out somewhere.

I'm telling ya, that stuff was much better than gun powder. You pour a little pile of gun powder on the road and light it - woof, it's gone and all you got is a little smoke. You do that with our little mix and it sits there and burns and sizzles for 30 seconds.. a very hot & intense fire... you can take a stick and dig up big chunks of melted asphalt.

My old friend Humphries still has a little piece of metal shrapnel in his arm... LOL

edit: Yes, we were stupid teenagers, and I guess we coulda killed ourselves... but we were also very careful. We didn't mess with this stuff unless we were totally straight. We were probably 16-17 years old, so this was the early 70s. I'm guessing sodium chlorate was taken off the market long ago, or at the very least it's tightly controlled.

Message was edited by: dark side of the moo®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

50lb is the most you can legally buy at one time

Oct 5, 2017, 3:01 PM

you can order 50lb bags of just the ammonium nitrate tablets online. The stuff doesn't do anything at all unless you mix in the aluminum powder into it though. Fun fact, you can take the tablets out of the first aid instant freeze packs, the kind you crush and they get cold, mix in the aluminum powder and make your own tannerite. You would need a handful of cold packs though to get much boom.

Either you are a chemist, or you

Oct 5, 2017, 3:31 PM

turned in your social security number, have declared your home and surrounding land a sovereign nation, and have multiple followers on your compound who call you Ezekiel and are pleased when you impregnate their wives.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol saw it on youtube

Oct 5, 2017, 4:08 PM

https://youtu.be/PlPbUO4qTeI

I have personally only bought the pre-packaged targets you can get at academy.

Tennerite doesn't melt steel beams***

Oct 5, 2017, 3:40 PM

There you go with the cognitive dissonance again.***

Oct 5, 2017, 3:52 PM

I herd Oprah had 50 lbs of crack.

Oct 5, 2017, 4:28 PM

unverified

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic