Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What happened to the old Tiger top the scoreboard
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,797

What happened to the old Tiger top the scoreboard

Aug 26, 2012, 3:42 PM

Remember the old, creepy looking tiger above the scoreboard above the hill - his eyes glowed and his tail wagged when we scored? I don't suppose they're incorporating that into the new scoreboard/display.... It was creepy and outdated, but in a way, kind of a tradition. I remember seeing it when I was a little kid at games in the 70s and all the way up through last year. Seems like we have to do something cool with it other than just throw it away....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What happened to the old Tiger top the scoreboard

Aug 26, 2012, 3:43 PM

I thought they were painting it and putting it back up there but who knows. never thought of it as creepy. I always liked it and the classic old school look

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It will be put back according to Billy D.***

Aug 26, 2012, 3:44 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The glowing red eyes were the creepy part, but I agree -

Aug 26, 2012, 3:49 PM

I like the old school look. It's one of those "quiet traditions" of Clemson football. Sure hope they keep it. With a better sound system, hopefully the roar will sound a little better, too!

Too bad they won't put enough bass in so that the

Aug 26, 2012, 3:59 PM

roar makes the stadium vibrate.... would probably scare all the little kids...

Even with the new sound system I hope we don't go Wake

Aug 26, 2012, 4:06 PM

Forest on this and just crank it up to produce fake, artificial crowd noise. Our crowd noise is better than any sounds piped through speakers. I also hope we don't kill the tradition of our band.

Happy to have the upgrade but I hope we use it in the proper way.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Even with the new sound system I hope we don't go Wake

Aug 27, 2012, 1:24 AM

I'd be almost cool with putting a mic on the band if they could get a good, even sound. As it is they have a bunch of trumpets microphoned that keep cracking notes. Last year it sounded pretty crappy at times, which is a real shame. The musicians at Clemson always impressed the hell out of me, given that we don't have the major for it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope they put it back up there.***

Aug 26, 2012, 4:18 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

It has been repainted and looks as creepy as ever. It will

Aug 26, 2012, 4:20 PM

go back up.

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER- http://twitter.com/#!/SonsOfClemson

Re: It looks as creepy as ever. Just like you

Aug 26, 2012, 4:44 PM

:)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not creepy - it's a tradtion - has been on our.......

Aug 26, 2012, 4:45 PM

scoreboard since at least the late 50s - glad to hear that it's going to be put back up there.

Things have really changed. As a kid I remember getting

Aug 26, 2012, 10:16 PM

excited seeing the tail wag and the eyes light up with each score. My grandchildren probably will not even notice the tiger for looking at the ### screen. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I still get excited seein the tail wag and the eyes lite up***

Aug 26, 2012, 10:22 PM

Me too!

Aug 27, 2012, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Things have really changed. As a kid I remember getting ]

We used to sit on The Hill and I loved turning around and seeing that after a score. Now I hardly notice. It may be because I am more interested in watching the replay than I was then.

That old Tiger

Aug 27, 2012, 1:05 AM

goes back to the '60's. Needs a paint job. The eyes used to blink and the tail would wag. PUT IT BACK!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,797
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic