Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It drives me crazy to see Alabama with 18 wins
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

It drives me crazy to see Alabama with 18 wins

Mar 10, 2018, 11:37 PM

and a losing record in conference make the tournament but you have some teams who have 20+ wins and they will be watching it from their couch. If you have 20+ wins I don't think that the BPI stuff should really matter.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It drives me crazy to see Alabama with 18 wins

Mar 11, 2018, 1:59 AM

I agree. Alabamas resume is trash. They're only getting the benefit of the doubt because they beat Auburn twice, Tennessee, Florida, Oklahoma (at the time was a good win and are probably still getting credit for it), and Rhode Island.

Outside of those wins, they haven't beaten anybody worth boasting about and have lost to a ton of crap teams. I think that recent Auburn win is what's going to sneak them in. I don't agree with it but whatever, they won't go far. They're a one, sometimes two man show. They'll get eliminated quickly.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2018, 10:25 AM

You just listed 6 really good wins and then act like that is not a lot lol. Now I think 18 Ws is not enough. I do think they are better than Nebraska, TCU, K St, and Butler who has 20+. They do have some bad Ls tho. I don't think they get in but if they did I don't think the commitee made a bad choice.

Mar 11, 2018, 10:34 AM

That's my point though, those are the only good wins. Take away Oklahoma now because they have fallen off the planet and that leaves only 5 wins that actually matter. I'd definitely take Louisville or Notre Dame over Bama.

Mar 11, 2018, 10:43 AM

What 5 good wins do UL or ND have? VT, FSU, Wich St and NCST for ND. UL beat VT and FSU twice and have a win against Nd.

Mar 11, 2018, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Re: It drives me crazy to see Alabama with 18 wins ]

Lol I was just about to say thats 6 really good wins..

Especially ridiculous when there have been years we’ve had 18 wins

Mar 11, 2018, 10:41 AM

and a .500 or better conference record and not even been in the conversation. And those were years where the ACC was arguably better than this year’s SEC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Mar 11, 2018, 10:56 AM

Number of wins doesn't matter. You can pad your win total with an easy non-conference or conference schedule. They deserve to be in with their solid wins and tough schedule.

Mar 11, 2018, 11:01 AM

I think Bama has better Ws and a better RPI than ND and they almost have the same RPI as UL with better Ws imo.

Mar 11, 2018, 11:00 AM

The team that drives me crazy to see im everyone's bracket is Oklahoma. One good win over Wichita State back in December and they're automatically in, no matter how bad they've played and looked over the last 2 months. Oh, that and Trae Young of course...

Mar 11, 2018, 11:02 AM

I don't think they get in. They do not deserve it at all.

Win totals don't mean that much if the competition is weak.

Mar 11, 2018, 11:03 AM

Strength of schedule matters. I don't know much about the SEC this year though, but from what I have watched, it seems down this year.

Re: Win totals don't mean that much if the competition is weak.

Mar 11, 2018, 11:11 AM

They're very average this year. They're perennial powers Kentucky and Florida are so up and down.

Re: Win totals don't mean that much if the competition is weak.

Mar 11, 2018, 11:23 AM

They go deeper than any conference besides the ACC. They don't have the top teams tho but they have 8 20 W teams.

Big 12 says Hi....***

Mar 2, 2023, 6:53 AM

Re: Big 12 says Hi....***

Mar 11, 2018, 3:48 PM

Hey big 12 that only has 5 teams with 20 Ws and lost to the SEC in the SEC-Big12 challange.

Re: Big 12 says Hi....***

Mar 11, 2018, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Big 12 says Hi....*** ]

Hey big 12 that lost to the SEC in their challenge 6 to 4 and have 3 less 20 W teams than the SEC. So how are they better?

lets Just hope we don’t play them in round one

Mar 11, 2018, 11:13 AM

It would not surprise me one bit if we are paired with them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: lets Just hope we don’t play them in round one

Mar 11, 2018, 11:16 AM

Uhhhh....then you aren't following this at all. We should be a 5 at worst and they should be a 10 at worst so we won't be paired.

If they are as terrible as OP suggests, why can’t they be 12***

Mar 11, 2018, 11:33 AM

Re: If they are as terrible as OP suggests, why can’t they be 12***

Mar 11, 2018, 12:49 PM

1. 12 down is gonna be all 1 bid conference champs this year.

2. They went as terrible as OP suggests. He's clueless.

Re: lets Just hope we don’t play them in round one

Mar 11, 2018, 11:24 AM [ in reply to lets Just hope we don’t play them in round one ]

They would be an 11 seed play in game. We won't get a power 5 team as a 4 or 5 seed I don't think.

We’ve been paired with UGA in past. Don’t underestimate

Mar 11, 2018, 11:36 AM

Committee desire for story line matchups. ACC and SEC football champs square off in B.B. tourney

Re: We’ve been paired with UGA in past. Don’t underestimate

Mar 11, 2018, 12:04 PM

As what seeds tho?

When we played UGA it was 8 vs 9***

Mar 11, 2018, 12:20 PM

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

You aren’t serious, are you?

Mar 11, 2018, 12:21 PM [ in reply to We’ve been paired with UGA in past. Don’t underestimate ]

The committee doesn’t care about storylines or football rivalries, especially when choosing seeds and matchups.

Mar 11, 2018, 11:17 AM

not to mention SEC basketball really sucks this year........Go Tigers!!!!!

Mar 11, 2018, 11:28 AM

How does a conference with 8 teams that have 20 Ws or more suck? Ofcourse the ACC is the best but the SEC is second.

Because they all (except for 2) suck and beat each other...***

Mar 11, 2018, 12:30 PM

Mar 11, 2018, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Re: It drives me crazy to see Alabama with 18 wins ]

Some posters on TNet are really dumb and just blindly #### on the SEC and/or other posters with rationale thought.

Why don't you guys leave the blind conference loyalties/hatred to SEC fans? We don't and shouldn't care, it's all media driven hype and stupid. The SEC is an average power conference this year, not the Big 12 but not the PAC.

Mar 11, 2018, 3:50 PM

The SEC proved they are better than the Big 12. They had a challenge and the SEC won 6-4. They also have more 20 W teams.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic