Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is this guy the whistleblower?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 995

Is this guy the whistleblower?

Oct 31, 2019, 11:10 AM

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/10/whistleblower_eric_ciaramella_is_this_the_best_theyve_got.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MSM will never report this.....***

Oct 31, 2019, 11:23 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: MSM will never report this.....***

Nov 1, 2019, 7:39 AM

Fox is the MSM too.

It doesn't matter who he/she is.

Oct 31, 2019, 11:28 AM

It's sad that people have spent so much time and energy wondering who this person is, when the transcript is, like, right thar...

and its a dude once again. Just like the russian hoax***

Oct 31, 2019, 11:29 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I disagree.

Oct 31, 2019, 12:35 PM [ in reply to It doesn't matter who he/she is. ]

The guy accused the president of a crime. He is not your typical whistleblower unless you consider the president a typical suspect. The accused has every legal right to question that guy. Facing your accuser is one of the foundational pillars of our law.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So is calling out the government on matters

Oct 31, 2019, 12:38 PM

of extreme importance. If this is true, whoever leaked his identity should be arrested and jailed for a long time. Send a message here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

read the article, apparently all of DC has known this

Oct 31, 2019, 12:51 PM

for a while now.

A journalist doing investigative journalism is great for America.

If they seek it legally and don't slander then that's good work.

If he is a whistleblower than his identity is protected

Oct 31, 2019, 1:00 PM

by US law.

https://www.cpsc.gov/About-CPSC/Inspector-General/Whistleblower-Protection-Act-WPA

If I were him I would sue that website out of existence.

Edit to say: I don't care if the whistleblower was Ronald ####### Reagan come back to life.

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

can you point out where in that act they're guaranteed

Oct 31, 2019, 1:23 PM

the right to remain anonymous?

Here's what he's guaranteed: "Under the WPA, certain federal employees may not take or fail to take, or threaten to take or fail to take; any personnel action against an employee or applicant for employment because of the employee or applicant’s protected whistleblowing. See 5 U.S.C. § 2302(b)(8)."

That's it. You can't be fired, demoted, or given crappy assignments by your govt employer because you made your disclosure. That's it. This whole "identity protected by law" stuff is a complete fabrication.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe not illegal under the whistleblower act

Oct 31, 2019, 1:27 PM

but you know what is going to happen to this dude.

You think he's gonna get Seth Rich'd?***

Oct 31, 2019, 1:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think that's probably right.

Oct 31, 2019, 1:34 PM [ in reply to can you point out where in that act they're guaranteed ]

But as far as "right thing to do," I certainly think the preservation of anonymity qualifies, even if not statutorily required.

I know, where I work, we can submit anonymous "complaints" dealing with unsafe practices and things like that. The anonymity is designed to encourage the people to do it. And we do want them to do it.

Filing a complaint about Brenda microwaving fish

Oct 31, 2019, 1:55 PM

is different than accusing someone of a criminal act with legal ramifications.

If Anne files a complaint that Tim assaulted her in the janitor's closet, do you think Tim will remain in the dark about who accused him if it's referred to law enforcement?

The whistelblower here is not the victim.

Oct 31, 2019, 2:54 PM

That's a different situation. We are talking about someone relaying concerns about something someone did. If the whistleblower's complaint was about something the President did to him/her directly, the obviously the whistleblower would have to be involved in the investigation.

In this case, it doesn't matter who saw/heard the President do something. The only thing that matters is whether or not he did it, and whether or not it was proper. The identity of the whistleblower makes absolutely no material difference, and therfore, should not be a consideration by anyone involved.

That's a good way of putting it.

Oct 31, 2019, 2:55 PM

Not sure I entirely agree with the endpoint, but I see the logic in that argument.

Think of an answer to this question: Why would one

Oct 31, 2019, 3:00 PM

want to know who the whistleblower is?

So we can know if it is true? How does his or her identity make a difference in the truth of the matter? It doesn't. The President did it or didn't.

So we can see whether he might have "bias"? Again, how does that make a difference in the truth of the matter? It doesn't. The President did it or didn't.

There are other, more nefarious reasons, for wanting to know the identity, that I hope we all agree are not proper.

So, what is the answer? Why would one want to know?

flip it around.......

Oct 31, 2019, 3:11 PM

If the substance of the interaction is found to have not matched the complaint, and one can make as many of these types of accusations as they want with total anonymity and freedom from repercussions, how would partisan whistleblowing be expected to not be completely weaponized? Look how much time, energy, and money has been expended on a single accusation. You could mire down an administration for their entire term if so desired, and some would say that's already happened.

Additionally, I think the concerns over this guy's life are a little ridiculous. He's would be the most public face to the anti-Trump movement, and veritable hero to half the country. If he got tripped on a crowded sidewalk there would be an inquiry.....there may be no safer person from murder in the country than this guy were he outed.

I agree with that...

Oct 31, 2019, 3:20 PM

If the substance of the complaint was not accurate, then we would never be here, hopefully. It would have gotten squashed before it ever hit the light of day. In this case, the complaint was highly accurate of the interaction, so here we are.

I'm not so concerned about health/welfare. I think the person would not be able to enjoy much media for a while. I think the primary concern should be a cooling effect on the reporting of concerning activity in our government. People should feel free to do it.

I wonder how many whistleblower complaints

Oct 31, 2019, 3:23 PM

there have been in the past few years, that were unmerited, and found to be such through a quick process that we never knew about. It could be hundreds.

I'm guessing virtually zero that were

Oct 31, 2019, 3:26 PM

routed through a Congressman and reviewed/written by a lawyer prior to submission.

I don't know about that, but probably not.***

Oct 31, 2019, 3:30 PM

credibility***

Oct 31, 2019, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Think of an answer to this question: Why would one ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does whether the whistleblower is "credible"

Oct 31, 2019, 4:36 PM

change the truth of whether the President did a certain thing or not? No, it does not.

It's already been determined through the proper process that the complaint was credible, and that's why we are here. Whether the *person* is credible is immaterial.

Re: The whistelblower here is not the victim.

Oct 31, 2019, 3:02 PM [ in reply to The whistelblower here is not the victim. ]

SO, IF TRUMP DID WHAT THE DEMS ARE SAYING HE DID, WHICH HE DIDNT JUST BY READING THE TEXT OF THE CALL, WHAT PRAY TELL IS WRONG ABOUT ASKING A FOREIGN GOVERNMENT TO LOOK INTO A GUY, WHO ON CAMERA BRAGGED ABOUT WITHHOLDING AID UNLESS THEY FIRED A GUY UNLESS THEY HIRED HIS SON, WHICH THEY DID BY THE WAY, ALL THIS ON CAMERA, NOT A PHONE CALL. PLEASE ESPOUSE ON THAT ONE.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's for the House to decide, whether it was proper.

Oct 31, 2019, 3:04 PM

And whether improper enough to warrant impeachment. I'm sure there will be disagreement and it will not be a unanimous vote. That's OK. It is a matter of judgment, based on facts. Different people can judge differently on the same facts.

Re: That's for the House to decide, whether it was proper.

Oct 31, 2019, 4:24 PM

FUNNY, I USED TO REMEMBER WHEN A FACT WAS A FACT. HERE IS A FACT. YOUR PARTY HAS OUR COUNTRY GOING RIGHT DOWN THE SHI TTER AS WE SPEAK. IT IS VERY SAD.

Oct 31, 2019, 4:27 PM

HERE IS ANOTHER FACT. I REMEMBER NOT LONG AGO THAT MOST PEOPLE WOULD BE VERY PROUD THAT SOMEONE IS TRYING TO DRAIN THE SCUM IN OUR GOVERNMENT AND HAVE A GOVERNMENT ACTUALLY RUN BY THE PEOPLE. I KNOW THAT IS A PIPE DREAM BUT AT LEAST THE GUY IS TRYING TO DRAIN IT.

Again, that has nothing to do with the topic.

Oct 31, 2019, 4:33 PM

I'm all in favor of the so-called "draining of the swamp". But that has nothing to do with whether or not the President committed an impeachable act.

It's possible for a President to be the most popular President of all time, and do the most incredible things for the country, have 1% unemployment, eliminate the national debt, preside over unprecedented peace, and still to commit an impeachable act.

Oct 31, 2019, 10:30 PM [ in reply to Re: That's for the House to decide, whether it was proper. ]

deroberts said:

HERE IS ANOTHER FACT. I REMEMBER NOT LONG AGO THAT MOST PEOPLE WOULD BE VERY PROUD THAT SOMEONE IS TRYING TO DRAIN THE SCUM IN OUR GOVERNMENT AND HAVE A GOVERNMENT ACTUALLY RUN BY THE PEOPLE. I KNOW THAT IS A PIPE DREAM BUT AT LEAST THE GUY IS TRYING TO DRAIN IT.

Really? Then please explain to me how Ivanka received 16 Chinese Trademarks 10 days before her Daddy began face to face negotiations with the Chinese President? Which swamp is it you're referring to?

If you continue to base your perspective on fake, right wing media, you are going to miss the truth that history will provide.

Wake the #### up. You guy is not some innocent victim of a deep state conspiracy! He's the most lying and corrupt president we've ever had....he even makes Andrew Johnson look good. Oh, and how about those 3,000,000 illegals that really voted for Hillary? Or Al-Bhagdadi crying, whining while screaming and dying like a dog. When the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs was sitting next to Trump watching the same surveillance satellite and said no such thing happened. Trump lies, you support a liar. How is lying ok with you unless lying comes naturally to you too????

What is "my party"?

Oct 31, 2019, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Re: That's for the House to decide, whether it was proper. ]

I am not a member of a political party. In my voting life, I have voted almost exclusively for Republicans. I've voted for the Constitution Party candidate a couple of times. I have never in my life voted for a person who ran as a Democrat. Generally, I don't pay attention to parties, but the Republican/Constitution candidates typically hold the closest values to me.

You know it is true that people take facts and make different judgments with them. Here's an example: It is a fact that Trevor Lawrence has thrown eight interceptions in 2019. Some people judge that he has had a down year because of that fact. Some people judge that he has had a good year in spite of those interceptions. Those are judgments, which can differ, based on facts, which are, well, factual.

Oct 31, 2019, 10:21 PM [ in reply to Re: The whistelblower here is not the victim. ]

deroberts said:

SO, IF TRUMP DID WHAT THE DEMS ARE SAYING HE DID, WHICH HE DIDNT JUST BY READING THE TEXT OF THE CALL, WHAT PRAY TELL IS WRONG ABOUT ASKING A FOREIGN GOVERNMENT TO LOOK INTO A GUY, WHO ON CAMERA BRAGGED ABOUT WITHHOLDING AID UNLESS THEY FIRED A GUY UNLESS THEY HIRED HIS SON, WHICH THEY DID BY THE WAY, ALL THIS ON CAMERA, NOT A PHONE CALL. PLEASE ESPOUSE ON THAT ONE.

Intent. The Intenational Monetary Fund, The World Bank, The European Union and the United States demanded the removal of the prosecutor because he WASN'T prosecuting corruption but was rather a large part of it. The aforementioned entitiy's agreeed that none of them would offer loan guarantees to Ukraine as long as Shokin was the Prosecutor General. It was that simple, Biden traveled to Ukraine to deliver the message agreed upon by the listed entities. Once he 'bragged' that the guy was fired within hours of his conveying the message, the IMF, WB, European Union and the United States where then willing to offer loan guarantees so the Ukrainians could borrow the money necessary to fight the Russians who had attacked and invaded their eastern border. Hiring Hunter Biden was never a condition of the agreement and is a total and complete lie!

Compare that to Trump withholding badly needed funding to battle the Russians on the condition that they find dirt on a political opponent to aid in in his personal re-election.

Please tell me you don't understand the difference? And please stop repeating that BS right wing talking point which is seated in a lie.

Oct 31, 2019, 4:21 PM [ in reply to The whistelblower here is not the victim. ]

The good thing for Trump then is he released the transcript which absolves him of any wrong doing. The inquiry is another sham.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is an opinion, shared by the President and many others.

Oct 31, 2019, 4:34 PM

Other people look at the same exact transcript and see a potentially impeachable act. And those different opinions are OK. Hopefully a majority of the House sees it the way you do.

I think that the name came from inner circles in DC

Oct 31, 2019, 1:25 PM [ in reply to If he is a whistleblower than his identity is protected ]

and not this article.

It also doesn't impede this:
Under the WPA, certain federal employees may not take or fail to take, or threaten to take or fail to take; any personnel action against an employee or applicant for employment because of the employee or applicant’s protected whistleblowing

If it's easy enough to find without breaking any laws, then I don't know how I feel about suing this website.

If his name is leaking out of DC, then whomever is sharing it should be the first to be sued/fired/whatever.

If this is just reporting then why should the reporter be sued for doing their job?

I also think that some people are questioning whether this is a legitimate whistleblow or not. That's a whole nother topic that I am not sure about

And it's putting this dude at risk of

Oct 31, 2019, 1:28 PM

Roy the skinhead

Re: And it's putting this dude at risk of

Oct 31, 2019, 3:06 PM

HOW IS ROY GONNA GET INTO MOMS BASEMENT.

Re: So is calling out the government on matters

Oct 31, 2019, 1:15 PM [ in reply to So is calling out the government on matters ]

pretty sure this guy lives in his moms basement. be hard to get him out of there.

The whistleblower has not accused the President of a crime.

Oct 31, 2019, 12:51 PM [ in reply to I disagree. ]

No one has. The House of Representatives will soon choose whether or not to so accuse him.

Not in any official way, I mean.

Oct 31, 2019, 12:58 PM

If there are people out there who are saying "The President did ____ illegal thing," then they are speaking out of turn and should be ignored.

So you believe this impeachment is purely political?

Oct 31, 2019, 1:33 PM

Treason, high crimes...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is no impeachment yet.

Oct 31, 2019, 1:36 PM

I hope they vote to not impeach.

I would like to think the impeachment inquiry is not political. But I can't read someone's mind to know their motive. Just me, looking at the transcript, I think it's worth "inquiring" about. If, in the inquiry, they find that there isn't evidence of an intent to leverage a foreign country for personal gain, then I would vote to not impeach and encourage my Congressman to do the same.

How is your math.

Oct 31, 2019, 5:39 PM
vote.PNG(36.9 K)

I'm not going to ask you to read minds but please, sir, define 'political,' to your satisfaction and relate it to the following depiction.

I'd also like to know if politic and policy are related.

"Political" reasons, to me,

Nov 1, 2019, 7:21 AM

means doing something for the reason of preserving or keeping power in the government. The opposite, noble, motive would be doing something for the good of the American people, without regard to whether it helps you gain or preserve power.

I can't look at those numbers and say that the impeachment is politically motivated. The same numbers could also say that all those that voted "Nay" are the ones who voted so for political reasons. I try to think of the situation in terms of what is right. I don't care what political party is doing what.

YES, impeachment is purely political?

Oct 31, 2019, 3:44 PM [ in reply to So you believe this impeachment is purely political? ]

Re: The whistleblower has not accused the President of a crime.

Oct 31, 2019, 1:21 PM [ in reply to The whistleblower has not accused the President of a crime. ]

seems to me you snowflakes would love where our economy is, the lowest rate of unemployment ever, a president that kills towelheads and works about 20 hours a day for our country, for free. please inform us deplorables again why you hate our president so much. he has gotten more accomplished in 2.5 years than any president ever while the dems and the media continue to derail his every move. please please let us know what your problem is.

Your post has nothing to do with my post.

Oct 31, 2019, 1:31 PM

And none of the opinions you say I espouse in your post are actually espoused by me.

Re: Your post has nothing to do with my post.

Oct 31, 2019, 2:08 PM

WELL YOU ARE QUITE THE ESPOUSER. YOU LEARN THAT WORD IN MOMS BASEMENT.

Golf takes more than 4 hours door to door, so he’s working less

Oct 31, 2019, 8:13 PM [ in reply to Re: The whistleblower has not accused the President of a crime. ]

than 20 hours a day.

Re: Golf takes more than 4 hours door to door, so he’s working less

Oct 31, 2019, 10:37 PM

Not even close to humorous. Your inference is wrong too .

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It doesn't matter who he/she is.

Oct 31, 2019, 4:08 PM [ in reply to It doesn't matter who he/she is. ]

The problem is the average Dem is not capable of putting the contents of the transcript in it's proper context.

I thought it might be this guy....

Oct 31, 2019, 11:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

yep, dickthroat's right hand man***

Oct 31, 2019, 12:03 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Who cares?

Oct 31, 2019, 3:03 PM

We know the ICIG spoke about the political bias of the whistleblower, but still found his claims credible. We know his information has been corroborated by other witnesses and that Trump and his minions have admitted to the whistleblowers accusations. The information is what matters, not who said it (in regards to the whistleblower).

What will the identity of the whistleblower give you that has any merit to the impeachment process other than a focus point for your hatred?

Re: Is this guy the whistleblower?

Nov 2, 2019, 2:46 AM

How convenient.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 54
| visibility 995
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic