Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Am I wrong in saying that...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,539

Am I wrong in saying that...

Nov 9, 2012, 1:29 PM

We don't have to jump Oregon St. and OU to get into the BCS? Once we are inside a certain number, we are eligible. They don't have to take the highest ranked teams, right?

If they thought a CU Sugar Bowl would do better than Oregon St., they could take us, right?

That being said, I think Oregon St. is going to be a non-issue. The PAC will get 1 team in.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: Am I wrong in saying that...

Nov 9, 2012, 1:31 PM

I dont get it either. I just think as weak as the ACC is this year overall it would be surprising if we got more than one in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BCS is about money....

Nov 9, 2012, 1:32 PM

If we qualify, and the Sugar is looking at Clemson and Oregon St....

They want to make money and are going to take CU against an SEC team...

unless I am missing something

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

It doesn't matter if the ACC is weak. They aren't inviting

Nov 9, 2012, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Am I wrong in saying that... ]

the ACC. They're inviting Clemson.

null

Re: It doesn't matter if the ACC is weak. They aren't inviting

Nov 9, 2012, 2:49 PM

whichever school brings the most fans by average traveling will get invited first. so if we are eligible for a BCS game they will look at which fan base will bring the most money in.. and the Sugar bowl is close to South Carolina and they will invite them

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oregon State is going to lose to Oregon....

Nov 9, 2012, 1:33 PM

so at the end of the day, I think you're right, the Pac 12 only gets one team in.

That said, whether a team is ranked higher in the BCS is irrevelant. The bowl can pick whoever they want to fill the at large spot as long as the team being selected is among the top 14 teams in the BCS poll in which case, it becomes about match-ups and who will sell the most tickets.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

The SEC is who gets screwed by the BCS right now....

Nov 9, 2012, 1:36 PM

For example.... let's just play hypotheticals and say that Bama wins out, but loses to UGA in the SECCG. BAMA and UGA both go, and you have 2-3 other teams shut out, including LSU.

The PAC doesn't have the draw, IMO, for an at-large team unless there is an upset in the PACCG with Oregon losing.

You say that like it's a bad thing

Nov 9, 2012, 1:40 PM

LSU getting shut out would be karma for having the championship game handed to them over Oklahoma State last year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Wasn't LSU the undisputed, undefeated #1 last year?

Nov 9, 2012, 2:06 PM

Alabama was the team with a loss that got in over OK State. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post.

Re: The SEC is who gets screwed by the BCS right now....

Nov 9, 2012, 1:47 PM [ in reply to The SEC is who gets screwed by the BCS right now.... ]

I see your point, but I think many would argue that the only reason some of those SEC teams are even in the position they are is because of the BCS bias in their favor.

I disagree about the SEC being screwed

Nov 9, 2012, 1:49 PM [ in reply to The SEC is who gets screwed by the BCS right now.... ]

I think the two team rule exists primarily to stop runaway momentum driven by opinions (which are in turn driven by understandably biased coverage) from creating the false impression that any single conference is light years beyond the others. Don't get me wrong, the SEC is clearly the dominant conference over the past five years to a decade. However, were the 2 per year rule not in place the extra income and exposure from a 3rd bid would only serve to reinforce what may have been an incorrect notion as to how much better they were.

In a system which is, IMO goofily, dead set on deciding thing like championships based on opinions there must be some checks and balances put into place.

Oh Boo Friggity Hoo For The ESPSCN***

Nov 9, 2012, 7:14 PM [ in reply to The SEC is who gets screwed by the BCS right now.... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got Stanford beating Oregon St. this weekend.

Nov 9, 2012, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Oregon State is going to lose to Oregon.... ]

nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think IF the PAC12 got a 2nd team in the BCS

Nov 9, 2012, 2:11 PM

they'd go to the Fiesta instead of the Sugar, much shorter trip. Our competition will be with Oklahoma(if they win out) and Notre Dame (if they finish anywhere from 3-8).

There are 5 SEC teams ranked ahead of us, only two of whom are allowed to participate in the BCS, unless two of them finished #1 & #2 (almost impossible this year).

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,539
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic