Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Man, do I want to see Clemson vs. OU in Nawlins.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Man, do I want to see Clemson vs. OU in Nawlins.

Dec 20, 2019, 5:03 PM

I love the way the media is backtracking on Clemson. Every day more and more "experts" are talking about how good Clemson is and how well they are playing. One guy on espn, just before the bowl game today, said, "Burrow won all the awards, and deservedly so. But, right now, Lawrence is playing the best football of any quarterback in the country."

The experts were talking about how great the WRs at Clemson are and how tough it is going to be for OSU to match up with them.

They have come to the party, but way too late. It's like they are saying, "Well, when we were dismissing Clemson it is because they were terrible, but now they are great.

But, they still are totally dismissing Oklahoma. They are assuming it is a foregone conclusion OU will get blown out.

I'm telling y'all, IF (big "if" for sure) Jalen Hurts doesn't turn the ball over OU can outscore LSU. If he fumbles twice and throws a couple of INTs, as he is prone to do, LSU wins. But, if he takes care of the ball OU has at least a 50/50 chance to win the game, even with the suspensions.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It doesn't help that Oklahoma has 3 suspended players

Dec 20, 2019, 5:14 PM

The timing leads me to speculate that it's drug tests.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It doesn't help that Oklahoma has 3 suspended players

Dec 20, 2019, 6:44 PM

Yeah, failed for pot

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It doesn't help that Oklahoma has 3 suspended players

Dec 20, 2019, 9:50 PM

When will they finally overlook pot smoking for college students . Just let college students be college students .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

its not Like it’s a performance enhancing drug

Dec 20, 2019, 11:43 PM

Unless you’re trying to eat a lot

its pretty much a miracle drug that cures about anything

Dec 21, 2019, 6:55 AM

its the only drug that is prescribed that says use as much as you want anytime or anywhere (it is legal that is)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Man, do I want to see Clemson vs. OU in Nawlins.

Dec 20, 2019, 5:16 PM

It's bc they have finally watched some of our games, unlike before when they were telling the country how Clemson would fail this year bc of all the talent we lost to the NFL. And they are pretty sure that most has already for gotten about that!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2019, 5:20 PM

Bret, most all Clemson fans would agree with you about meeting OU in January because they would be easier to beat than LSU. Some here also agree with you OU has a good chance to beat LSU. I most certainly disagree.

However, if Clyde Edwards-Helaire doesn't play or isn't effective, that makes them much easier to defend and puts OU within striking distance.

Bottom line though is LSU's passing game is crazy good and I don't think OU has any chance of stopping them. Maybe early, but once Burrow and their receivers get rolling, they can name the score. Even if he takes care of the ball, Hurts won't be able to keep up.

LSU should win by about 20 (cut that in half without Edwards-Helaire).

For the record, I don't give a care what the media is saying about us. I can wait until it's settled on the field.

Dec 20, 2019, 6:52 PM

Would be nice.

I want OU for the ticket prices

Dec 20, 2019, 11:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Man, do I want to see Clemson vs. OU in Nawlins. ]

I really want to see Burrows get blasted by the tiger D though

Re: I want OU for the ticket prices

Dec 22, 2019, 12:45 PM

I AGREE with you bc, the only way to measure how good your program Really is, is to play and beat who the Majority has been Con-vinced who the best team is, and It's usually never us that they are predicting to win, but we do win!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2019, 8:46 PM

I actually think that the loss of LSU's running back hurts them more - makes them one dimensional and gives OK's lousy defense a better chance of slowing LSU down.

However, I want LSU in the Natty - Tigers vs Tigers.

and remember if ou wasnt star struck

Dec 20, 2019, 9:22 PM

with the bright lights they could have won last yera..but when you spot a team like bama a 28-0 lead its not a good hill to climb

Personally I would rather beat another SEC team

Dec 20, 2019, 9:44 PM

And prove that TL is the better QB

I'll be interesting to see what kind of defense LSU has...

Dec 20, 2019, 10:01 PM

...they've pretty much shown that they don't have any and if Okie can come up with "some" defense then maybe, just maybe.....

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2019, 6:21 AM

Who cares what the media says? It has nothing to do with what will actually happen either way.

Dec 21, 2019, 8:49 AM

If you feel so strongly go bet some money on ou. You'd be stupid to do so though because it's going to be a blowout. Ou doesn't have a chance.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2019, 9:34 AM

I don't care who we play. "Just win, baby!"

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Take the 'over'...***

Dec 22, 2019, 12:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic