Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Basketball Recruiting Update: In-state PF sets announcement date, Clemson in final two
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,689

Basketball Recruiting Update: In-state PF sets announcement date, Clemson in final two

Nov 5, 2015, 10:10 AM

In-state PF sets announcement date, Clemson in final two

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love the Tigers greatly, but I'd tell my kid to pick Yale.

Nov 5, 2015, 10:13 AM

The degree from Yale or Harvard will open doors the others, including Clemson, will not. Flame away !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I love the Tigers greatly, but I'd tell my kid to pick Yale.

Nov 5, 2015, 10:24 AM

In comparison from Yale to CU. yeah, pick Yale.

Nov 5, 2015, 10:37 AM

True but wow!

True, but the Ivy League doesn't give athletic scholarships.***

Nov 5, 2015, 10:53 AM [ in reply to I love the Tigers greatly, but I'd tell my kid to pick Yale. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have to agree....Yale and he may get some financial aid

Nov 5, 2015, 11:18 AM [ in reply to I love the Tigers greatly, but I'd tell my kid to pick Yale. ]

http://www.ivyleaguesports.com/information/psa/index

The cost of attending Yale in 2014/2015 was $63,250

Nov 5, 2015, 11:27 AM

A need based financial aid grant would pay
approximately $41,250. That leaves another
$22,000. Not saying he could or couldn't
afford it, but either way that's still a lot.

http://admissions.yale.edu/faq/what-current-tuition-yale

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2015, 11:37 AM [ in reply to I love the Tigers greatly, but I'd tell my kid to pick Yale. ]

Yale may open doors but at what cost? I for one would not want any of my children or relatives going to the Ivy league so long as those schools continue to be bastions of liberal lunacy. I understand getting an education that presents differing points of view is a good thing but the Ivy league is more of a liberal indoctrination camp. I graduated from Clemson and have done just fine without an Ivy league pedigree...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It depends on what his goals are.

Nov 5, 2015, 11:40 AM [ in reply to I love the Tigers greatly, but I'd tell my kid to pick Yale. ]

If he sees basketball as part of his future, then Clemson is the easy pick. ACC basketball plus a great education at Clemson would serve him well. If he is solely focused on academics then Yale will give him the prestige and name recognition that only a handful of other schools can match.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

This Kid should go to Clemson period!

Nov 5, 2015, 12:45 PM

It's not even close. At Clemson he has a very good shot to play in the NBA. He would have everything paid for.
If he signs a four year contract and puts half in investments.

He could go to Yale after basketball and pay for it with interest off his investment. He would have national exposure.
Companies love stars and leaders of any kind.

It's a not even in question, start out debt free. If he loves basketball his best shot for a career in the NBA is Clemson, plus he could work for himself with Money invested from the NBA.

It's his choice and it depends on his future goals. My kid would love playing and he'd go to The best school ever, Clemson!

If your job isn't something you love you miss out on getting paid to do something Love. Just my opinion, live life without fear and to the fullest. We only get one life and shooting can be fun. Shoot for your dreams filled with Love and Joy!

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: Basketball Recruiting Update: In-state PF sets announcement date, Clemson in final two

Nov 5, 2015, 3:20 PM

With a 1.3% chance of becoming a professional basketball player, and with a 98.7% of failing. If the kid has an offer to Yale. It's a no brainer, he should be playing BB at Yale if his test scores are high enough to get in as a college athlete!!!

http://www.gcic.peachnet.edu/newsletter/dec06/dec%20outlook/athletes.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,689
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic