Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
USuC's latest recruit, WR Champagne, has zero stars on......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

USuC's latest recruit, WR Champagne, has zero stars on......

Dec 22, 2015, 8:09 AM

the Rivals site and his three other offers were from UMass, East Carolina and West Carolina. This stud moved their 2016 class ranking up from 57th to 56th. Do we need to be concerned?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: USuC's latest recruit, WR Champagne, has zero stars on......

Dec 22, 2015, 8:11 AM

Can someone explain to me how they moved UP one spot by getting a commit with ZERO stars? Just curious. Seems to me that would move them down.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lies, damm lies and recruiting rankings.***

Dec 22, 2015, 8:12 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2015, 8:23 AM [ in reply to Re: USuC's latest recruit, WR Champagne, has zero stars on...... ]

The reason that they move up is because they attained another recruit. For most rating services they calculate in star rating but also weigh in the number of recruits the team has. This is why Clemson is farther down the list than some, even though Clemson's average star rating is higher than several of the teams ranked above us, they have more "numbers" in their total.

Dec 22, 2015, 8:17 AM

Actually he has 2 stars

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not as of 5 minutes ago********************

Dec 22, 2015, 8:19 AM

nm

Dec 22, 2015, 8:21 AM [ in reply to Re: USuC's latest recruit, WR Champagne, has zero stars on...... ]

According to Rivals he has no stars, no national ranking, and no state ranking. He is a big kid and could be pretty good with some time in the weight room, but he has yet to qualify. My guess is he will end up being a prep school kid or a JUCO kid. He was offered to try and get John Simpson. I hope the Simpson kid is smarter than that and if he isn't then we don't want him.

Dec 22, 2015, 8:26 AM

4 posts and an expert at rivals recruiting. Cool.

We want Simpson, period. What the coots do to try and get recruits is basically a class in futility.

Dec 22, 2015, 8:33 AM

Just because I have only decided to post a few times doesn't mean I haven't been following recruiting for years! You sound like a dirt ###### using that kind of logic.

Play nice . . .***

Dec 22, 2015, 8:34 AM

Dec 22, 2015, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Re: USuC's latest recruit, WR Champagne, has zero stars on...... ]

Simmer Down Little Boy

Just on 247.The other 3 still have him zero stars,

Dec 22, 2015, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Re: USuC's latest recruit, WR Champagne, has zero stars on...... ]

hence his 247 Composite rating of ZERO

http://247sports.com/Player/Diondre-Champaigne-88003

To be fair, 0 stars essentially means they haven't seen

Dec 22, 2015, 8:39 AM

enough film to grade him. 6'3" 180 with a 4.5 40. Not bad numbers for a WR. If his hands could be coached I could see him being a decent player. However, Muschamp & co will likely squander any potential he has.

It also may mean he hasn't qualified academically yet

Dec 22, 2015, 9:12 AM

A four-star with serious doubts about academically qualifying is going to be rated as a three. A three-star with those same serious doubts is going to be rated as a two. A two-star who hasn't qualified yet isn't likely to be rated at all.

I have seen him play. He's a big target who is tough to bring down. If they can get him enrolled and keep him enrolled, he will contribute. One of the many things I like about where we are recruiting-wise is that we don't have to take chances any more (particularly at skill positions). I'm glad to see a South Carolina kid get a chance with a P5 program regardless of whether its in the state's armpit.

Denzel Johnson was rated a 3 star last year,

Dec 22, 2015, 10:02 AM

even though most thought he wouldn't qualify. It did take him until May to qualify and had to RS to get grades in line. That said, he was rated.

He reminds me of the guy we signed as a fall back when ...

Dec 22, 2015, 8:28 AM

Mike McIntosh dumped us for Florida.

Andrew Diomande

https://rivals.yahoo.com/clemson/football/recruiting/player-Andrew-Diomande-26301

Dec 22, 2015, 8:32 AM

Oh no!

All of $CU's recruits are diamonds in the rough***

Dec 22, 2015, 8:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: All of $CU's recruits are diamonds in the rough***

Dec 22, 2015, 8:56 AM

Don't you mean lumps of coal. It's going to take a good coach to get the pressure needed to make him a diamond. Maybe USuC signed him because he can block good. Seeing as that's all Muskrat can do with an offense.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But can he eat pancakes off of DW4's head?

Dec 22, 2015, 9:04 AM

When they tell you that, then you'll know he's a breakout player.

Best of luck to him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: But can he eat pancakes off of DW4's head?

Dec 22, 2015, 10:20 AM

Lets just be careful what we say about a High School Student ,., Football player probably doing
his best and WE all KNOW some OF these Kid's don't have the best Home life that You or I grew
up with ,.,

I hope and pray all these Kid's get to fulfill the dream of Playing the game We love so ,.,
Even if its at Newberry or N.Greenville Let them play ,., and get the much needed education ,.,

After All We are Clemson

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: But can he eat pancakes off of DW4's head?

Dec 22, 2015, 11:08 AM

Whoa is 100% correct and shows he is a Class Act. The rest of you guys are pathetic losers.

The young man has earned a college scholarship to play football which is something you losers never did. This may be the only chance he has for an education and it will be 100% free. If he is not up to your evaluation and caliber then why do you care ? I bet 90% never even saw him play.

I saw the young man play in the state title game against Dorman and thought he played well. Fort Dorchester was a machine that day and the offense scored just about every time they had the ball. The young man did play at the highest level of SC high school football and did catch 16 touchdowns this season. To me he looked a lot like Sidney Rice who was also not very highly rated out of Gaffney. The future will decide if he contributes to USC or if the scholarship could have been used better elsewhere.

Clemson should enjoy their fine season, rejoice in the outstanding players and coaches and look forward to a once in a lifetime chance these young men have in Miami.

The line should be drawn at making fun of a 17 year old kid who has done nothing negative towards Clemson and all he has done is work hard to earn a chance to play football and earn a free college education.

Re: I don't think East Carolina had offered him.***

Dec 22, 2015, 11:08 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2015, 11:10 AM

They went ahead and popped that cork though .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic