Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How was my weekend, you ask?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 556

How was my weekend, you ask?

Feb 4, 2019, 4:36 PM

Fri - picked son up to head up to NC and take him on his first skiing trip. Stop in Marion, NC and eat barbecue at Countryside BBQ. Twas good. Got to Sugar Mountain and on the slopes by about 1:00. Not too crowded b/c Friday. We go over a few things and I deem him ready. Son proceeds to slide into some guy in the line to get on the lift. Guy was cool about it though. Falls getting off the lift at the top, but was able to get out of the way so they didn't have to stop it. First half of his first run takes about 45 minutes (on a short slope) and he can't do anything without falling over and is getting frustrated. Somehow manages to get down the second half of the run without killing himself or anyone else. Goes straight down on the second run with no falls. Gets things figured out pretty well by the night session, but only doing the easy slopes. Brother and his son meet us for the night skiing portion. Good time was had by all.

Sat - Brother wants to eat at some bbq place a customer of his recommended to him, so hit up Woodland's BBQ in Banner Elk, NC. Really good 'cue at this place if you like it smoky. Get to Sugar Mountain by 12:30 and it is SLAMMED. Takes over an hour to get our tickets and equipment, mainly because people are too stupid to fill out the MF'n rental card and simply pay money at the window. I weep for our society. At least twice as many people on the slopes, but it was manageable. Son had tried a couple blue square (i.e. moderate) slopes the night before but was not a fan. We talk him into trying again and he starts loving it, going faster and faster on each run. Finally build him up to going to the top of the mountain. He loves it and that is all he wants to do. He pretty much has mastered the blue rated slopes. I give up about an hour early because the snowboarders have absolutely taken over the place, and when I say taken over, I mean they zip by you at top speed trying to get you to wipe out. Bunchofassholes. Fuckyou snowboarders. Seriously fuckyou. Son skis until the very last run.

Sun - wake up, eat breakfast at the hotel, and hit the road. Son is going on and on about how this is the best trip he has ever been on. Awesome Dad Meter is pegged out. Discussing lunch on the way back and son says "I can eat barbecue again today if you want to," so hit up Mac's Speed Shop on South in Charlotte. Really good, but I avoid the many delicious beers on tap as I need to get us back to Aiken. Get home and drop son off at his mama's. Watch Stupid Bowl over at in-laws and enjoy beers and pizza. Her older sister turns 50, so the family is chipping in and giving her money to send her and her husband to China so she can realize her life long dream of playing with the panda bears. Whatever, made her cry so it was worth it.

TL;DR - I'm an awesome dad, bbq is delicious but I probably need to go see the doctor, snowboarders suck, but skiing is awesome. 99/10. Would do again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Re: How was my weekend, you ask?

Feb 4, 2019, 4:38 PM

You cannot scream fukkk snowboarders enough. Dumbassesss galore in the snowboard world.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had to give up snowboarding a couple years ago

Feb 4, 2019, 4:46 PM

because i'm not a big enough ####### anymore.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wish I could give this more pernts***

Feb 4, 2019, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Re: How was my weekend, you ask? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So....no Aiken Brewery?***

Feb 4, 2019, 4:42 PM

Not this weekend,

Feb 4, 2019, 4:45 PM

and maybe not ever again. They are closed down today. Still waiting to see if they open back up.

They wood have to wrap it in a bag and fumigate

Feb 4, 2019, 4:50 PM

for me to go back....

Isn't that a bit of an over-reaction?***

Feb 5, 2019, 8:02 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought it was just a person serving there...

Feb 5, 2019, 8:01 AM [ in reply to Not this weekend, ]

test pos for hep A. Didn't sound like it was actually an issue with food or anything.

Really sucks for the owners.

I will have no problem drinking their beer in the future.

One of the food handlers tested positive for it

Feb 5, 2019, 8:03 AM

I am going to go get the vaccine tonight, just in case. They were closed yesterday for lunch, but open last night. I will go back.

Yeah...sounded like the chance of that person....

Feb 5, 2019, 8:04 AM

infecting someone else was very low.

Dangit, forgot to attach the pic

Feb 4, 2019, 5:03 PM
Ski.png(65.0 K)

that's nice

Feb 4, 2019, 5:04 PM

he looks JUST like you

two IRA terrorists!***

Feb 4, 2019, 7:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sinn Féin? *****

Feb 4, 2019, 7:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those don't even look like Spyder jackets. 3/10, would not

Feb 5, 2019, 7:02 AM [ in reply to Dangit, forgot to attach the pic ]

ski

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Avery Co, NC is Diddy APM's family homeplace!

Feb 4, 2019, 7:16 PM

The best brewery up there is the Blind Squirrel. Used to be a relative's general store.

http://www.blindsquirrelbrewery.com/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your son did better than me.

Feb 4, 2019, 11:36 PM

As far as my 1st time, we found some bock PBR at a country store near Sugar, driving from Clemson, no kidding, dark PBR, and had to sample many before TRYING to ski my first time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Esso Club used to sell that once a year in the '70's

Feb 5, 2019, 5:47 AM

I never tried it buy my roommate was a PBR lover and loved that stuff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congarts on pegging

Feb 5, 2019, 5:11 AM

out the dad meter

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Replies: 19
| visibility 556
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic