Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jad Dean Video
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 81
| visibility 1

Jad Dean Video

Sep 8, 2009, 4:12 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijfkZttfRi4&feature=channel_page

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Blues Brothers

wow...***

Sep 8, 2009, 4:34 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is

Sep 8, 2009, 4:44 PM

a man!

The background music is like the Friday Night Lights theme***

Sep 8, 2009, 4:49 PM

I'm confused

Sep 8, 2009, 5:08 PM

God wanted us to lose at home vs the ##### so Jad would go to FCA camp?

You're right ... you are confused.

Sep 9, 2009, 8:17 AM

But that's okay. So are Blue Caddie and Uttles. So you're in good company.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jad Dean Video

Sep 8, 2009, 5:09 PM

Newspring is a freakin' cult, Kool-Aid and all.

Sep 8, 2009, 5:20 PM

Some would say that Tigernet is a cult, Kool-Aid and all.

Yes it can easily be referred to that

Sep 8, 2009, 5:21 PM

but we get the awesome orange shades to wear when we drink out kool-aid

Well then where's my #### Kool aid

Sep 8, 2009, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Jad Dean Video ]

Not enough points yet?

Wait, you have to be re-baptized to join Tigernet?***

Sep 8, 2009, 6:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Jad Dean Video ]

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Just livin the college dream 2007-2011!

Devout Christian here and I am not a fan of New Spring

Sep 8, 2009, 5:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Jad Dean Video ]

either but notice he never once said he or anyone else saved him. GOD saved him through his Son Jesus Christ. I am glad someone posted this. I can't imagine what the kid went through after missing that and for us to think that FOOTBALL is the most important thing in life is insane.

God Bless & Go TIGERS!

Don't get me wrong, I think it is great about Jad

Sep 8, 2009, 6:48 PM

but I find it sad that he has fallen in with Newspring (based off the link in the description).

How can you be a devout Christian and not be a fan...

Sep 9, 2009, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Devout Christian here and I am not a fan of New Spring ]

of people who are doing Christ's work. I understand you personally may not enjoy their worship style but many do, and come to Christ because of it. How can you not be a fan of that?

I lead contemporary worship at my church and I

Sep 9, 2009, 9:49 AM

have watched several messages of Perry Nobles. His doctrine is not accurate and he uses profanity. I think winning souls to Christ is Awesome but misleading them by using the Joel Osteen (sunshine and rainbows) approach is wrong, just wrong. I want to make it out to hear him in person but the spirit doesn't set well with me when it comes to the church. Sorry I just feel that the church as a whole has hidden agendas. Again, winning souls to Christ is what really excites me. I also think that people at the church who have been saved are truely experiencing the love of God but there is something about that place.

God Bless & GO TIGERS!

And profanity is a sin how?***

Sep 9, 2009, 11:41 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do I really have to explain this one. geez

Sep 9, 2009, 11:48 AM

I said nothing about sin but if you want to go there. A sin is anything that is not pleasing to God. Thus sin seperates us from God. Not really expecting some to get this but I am glad I do. A pastor that curses in the pulpit or anywhere for that matter really has a weak testimony.

The great thing is that in Romans 3:23 we all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. (Gods expectations for us are greater than we have, by his grace we are saved. Thus we should turn from our wicked worldly ways and be a new creature in Christ) When someone is a Christian they "should" act is if Chirst woudl act. Does this happen NO! Therefore revert back to the verse I just quoted. This is not a passage that gives us freedom or a free pass to do what ever the heck we want to do. As a Christian I want to do whatever I can to please God and when I do something that is not pleasing I become convicted. Again I never said anything about him being a sinner, you did. Kind of ironic if you ask me.

God Bless and Go TIGERS!

I prefer Old Testament animal sacrifice and burnt offerings.

Sep 9, 2009, 11:57 AM [ in reply to How can you be a devout Christian and not be a fan... ]

This new fangled evangelism stuff is for pansies.

No kidding.***

Sep 8, 2009, 6:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Jad Dean Video ]

I agree 100%

Sep 8, 2009, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Jad Dean Video ]

I've had two roommates from earlier here at Clemson go to Newspring, and while I can't say for certain, I'd bet that both of them were going there to be social.

Churches like Gateway in Irmo/Chapin, Newspring, or Seacoast in Mt. Pleasant really bother me. I've been to numerous services, and these places, in my opinion, turn everyone more into Christian socialites and less into Christians.

2010_donor_pickem.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree 100%

Sep 8, 2009, 9:44 PM

Whats the deal with New Spring? I know very little about them.

From what I gather...

Sep 8, 2009, 10:54 PM

it is a contemporary church in Anderson that is nondenominational. I went once while I went to Clemson and I did not go again. It was not my thing, not knocking anyone who goes there, I just did not like it. I thought it was kind of odd that it was sposored by Home Depot or something. I did not like it, but if that type of church is the way to bring people closer to christianity then I do not see what is wrong with it as long as it is for the right reasons.

FWIW, its affiliated with the Southern Baptist convention***

Sep 9, 2009, 11:07 AM

GO TIGERS

So they too have conventions next to strip clubs.

Sep 9, 2009, 11:09 AM

Never seen the Platinum in memphis busier than when the baptists were having conventions. I mean, I never went...I could just see the line to get in from my hotel.

yea...that's it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

My opinion is exactly the opposite.

Sep 9, 2009, 8:31 AM [ in reply to I agree 100% ]

People go to churches for a variety of their own reasons. If one of them is to be social, then you can hardly blame the church for that. Besides, I'd rather them go to church to be social than not go at all.

I enjoyed Newspring. I enjoyed the service. I enjoyed the message. I enjoyed that they did what most Christian Churches don't: go out into the community to do good works.

I laugh at all the stuffy traditional churches who preach to the saved every Sunday. When church service ends at 12:00 p.m., it doesn't pick back up until 11:00 a.m. that next Sunday.

Say what you will about Newspring, but they are actually spreading the gospel beyond the four walls of their church.

And I guess that every Christian that attends a more

Sep 9, 2009, 9:11 AM [ in reply to I agree 100% ]

traditional worship service is there for all the right reasons.....???? Right.

I've seen both sides of the coin in both types of services.

I go to a more traditional service, but was a member of Seacoast for 14 years. Before that I was raised traditional Baptist. I've seen too many lives changed - lives that wonder would've been changed otherwise...(or changed as quickly / easily).

IMO, if that style of worship gets someone into church (that wouldn't have gone in the first place) for ANY reason, I think it is a good thing. God can do mighty things when someone takes that first step.

I fail to see a problem with that style of worship - I trust that God knows people's hearts and am thankful that it isn't my job to judge.

(off soap box now).

I don't recall advocating traditional churches

Sep 9, 2009, 10:44 AM

I don't recall giving an opinion at all except for the three churches I provided and those like them.

I have no problems with contemporary churches. I do have problems with churches that bring corporate sponsors into a house of God, and I do have a problem with churches spending millions of dollars on a facility.

I understand shiny new things attract people, but any church anywhere can maintain their same following without millions of dollars poured into a building that is often nicer than domed arenas in metropolitan areas, and has more LCD TV's than Best Buy.

2010_donor_pickem.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't realize the idea was to "maintain" their same

Sep 9, 2009, 11:29 AM

following....

That said, I agree to an extent with some of what you say - but only as it applies to the "Church" as a whole - not one particular style of worship house. I have no experience with a "corporate sponsor" type situation. Heck, Seacoast doesn't even pass an offering plate in Mount Pleasant (don't know about other locations).

I'm a contractor and have built both types of facilities in the past few (5) years. In fact, we've done several of each. If part of your argument is comparing cost of facilities and furnishings - you're barking up the wrong tree - at least in my experience.

I like Seacoast and im certainly not social there *shrug****

Sep 9, 2009, 5:18 PM [ in reply to I agree 100% ]

Sep 8, 2009, 9:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Jad Dean Video ]

Well if christianity is a cult, then "I'm all in"

Wow, dude is flat out nuts

Sep 8, 2009, 5:21 PM

How can people get so warped?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe you should ask yourself that.

Sep 8, 2009, 5:45 PM

If you don't believe in what happened to him is a God thing then let it be. But don't knock the guy for finding peace in his life.
God Bless & Go TIGERS!

Speaking of which...

Sep 8, 2009, 5:53 PM [ in reply to Wow, dude is flat out nuts ]

Seriously not being a jerk, but what's with the L. Van Houten pic? I've always wondered.

nothing really

Sep 8, 2009, 10:27 PM

just a pic of a psycho murderer from 40 years ago. She was kinda cute, a lot crazy, lived as productive of a life as one can in prison, and should and will die there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ha! Great answer...thanks!***

Sep 8, 2009, 10:55 PM

Maybe it was Flikr that sent him over the edge?***

Sep 8, 2009, 5:30 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I clicked on that, saw "Newspring" and then clicked the X.***

Sep 8, 2009, 5:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

whats with the newspring hate?...just curious...***

Sep 8, 2009, 5:38 PM

Cool story***

Sep 8, 2009, 5:50 PM [ in reply to I clicked on that, saw "Newspring" and then clicked the X.*** ]

#1 Fan of Clemson Athletic Marketing Team

I dont know what to think of this

Sep 8, 2009, 5:44 PM

wow...just...wow

Thanks for posting. Great to see him doing well.***

Sep 8, 2009, 5:54 PM

Sep 8, 2009, 5:57 PM

like job,jad is hating life right now,and trying to cope and find answers.anybody would if what you expect your life to be crumbles apart.

great video***

Sep 8, 2009, 6:57 PM

Sometimes God has to break us down like that...

Sep 9, 2009, 8:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Jad Dean Video ]

in order to build us back up the right way.

Thanks for posting***

Sep 8, 2009, 5:58 PM

Great Video! Thanks for sharing!***

Sep 8, 2009, 6:23 PM

it wasn't worth it.***

Sep 8, 2009, 7:26 PM

Sep 8, 2009, 7:38 PM

Awesome Testimony!!! Alot of jokers in here, but one day some of you will be wishing you would have taken "Wide left" more seriously!!! Go ahead and Bash!!

Sep 8, 2009, 7:41 PM

Religious zealot? ;)

This is what hanging out with Tommy Bowden will do to you

Sep 8, 2009, 7:53 PM

#1 - Ruin any chance you had at a real pro career
#2 - Have you try to justify in your mind losing the SC game by it helped you find Jesus
#3 - Make you the laughing stock of the internet by having you pose for a uniform that is not flattering to you

I feel for this kid - he has been to Bowden hell and back. NewSpring ain't the answer though, Jad. Best wishes.

LOL, Amen brother***

Sep 8, 2009, 8:05 PM

Maybe I missed something. Please tell me.....

Sep 8, 2009, 8:40 PM [ in reply to This is what hanging out with Tommy Bowden will do to you ]

Did he say that Newspring was the ANSWER? Praying for you.

God Bless & Go TIGERS!

Just be glad he found the Lord through a missed field goal,

Sep 8, 2009, 8:06 PM

could have been by killing someones family in a wreck, foxhole conversion, or something worse. Tell you truth, I didn't even remember him missing the field goal...I remember we lost, but that's about it. Good for him and God Bless!

Amen! More to life than Football and I love my TIGERS!***

Sep 8, 2009, 8:41 PM

If you ask me, the church is exploiting him.***

Sep 8, 2009, 8:20 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if asking someone to give their testimony is exploitation...

Sep 9, 2009, 8:28 AM

then Christianity is in trouble.

Good...I guess that makes it a "win-win" situation.***

Sep 8, 2009, 9:04 PM

Sep 8, 2009, 9:48 PM

If anybody blames Jad Dean for that game, then they truly don't know $hit about football. Besides the fact that Bowden pulled a hot Merryweather out when he was getting 6-7 yards a run, we played it to the left hash mark. Dean was in the sun and the ball was held (about 12 inches) inside a shadow of the west end-zone.

Amazing how many people are bothered by what they DON'T believe in. If you don't believe, then it's like raising cane about Santa Claus.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

I am proud of him. He seems to have gotten what counts,***

Sep 8, 2009, 10:39 PM

So how many days until the Newspring Cullen Harper video...

Sep 8, 2009, 10:46 PM

...only debate will be the title:
"Taking a 20-yd Sack for God"
or
"I found God through the Pick-6"

Re: So how many days until the Newspring Cullen Harper video

Sep 9, 2009, 8:29 AM

ok I laughed. Not proud of that, but it happened.

It looks like he stopped eating.***

Sep 8, 2009, 10:47 PM

Good for Jad. What's funny is that half of the people here

Sep 8, 2009, 10:51 PM

who are such "devout Christians" and have a problem with NewSpring are probably Southern Baptists who don't realize that NewSpring is a Southern Baptist church. It's obviously not a traditional Southern Baptist church, but still Southern Baptist nonetheless.

For what it's worth, I have never been to NewSpring and don't know much about it. All I know is this: If a church isn't for you, that's fine, but stop ripping it apart because it's not what you prefer. If it's winning souls for Christ, I consider that a great thing - especially if it is reaching those who have had bad experiences at other churches.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Good for Jad. What's funny is that half of the people here

Sep 8, 2009, 10:54 PM

couldn't have said it better myself. I used to feel the same about "those type of churches" but all it took was an actual visit. Been a member of NewSpring for over 4 years now. Winning souls to Christ is all they care about and I love it!

I go to Cedar Creek in Aiken.

Sep 9, 2009, 8:33 AM

We helped plant New Spring. It started as a tiny place in a rented strip mall space and has grown into a powerful outreach for Christ. Providing a place for unchurched people is what these churches are about. Bringing people to Christ is the most important thing.

I made it out to Newspring a few times...

Sep 8, 2009, 11:02 PM [ in reply to Good for Jad. What's funny is that half of the people here ]

...they can make a good cup of joe. Some guy on a TV screen told me I would go to hell if I was gay. The next week he told me I would go to hell if I lusted for women. Still a little confused, but all in all it made for a good time.

Funny, they've been saying the same thing at Podunk First

Sep 9, 2009, 12:12 AM

Baptist for decades, but without the coffee and televisions in the church.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Congrats!

Sep 9, 2009, 12:31 AM [ in reply to I made it out to Newspring a few times... ]

You missed the point.

Re: Congrats!

Sep 9, 2009, 11:14 AM

everyone is going to hell?

i keed!

I don't believe that's what he told you.

Sep 9, 2009, 8:37 AM [ in reply to I made it out to Newspring a few times... ]

That may have been what you heard though. I'm sure what he probably told you was that these things are sins. Of course all of us sin, and that is why we need the salvation offered through Jesus. This is also why none of us has the right to judge others because "all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." Luckily for us a free gift of salvation has been offered. All we have to do is accept it.

Sep 9, 2009, 1:24 AM

I'm a member of Newspring. Been a member of 1st Baptist Churches in every city I've lived in. Newspring is a Southern Baptist Church. It was started 10 years ago at Anderson College by a Dorm Leader?, Perry Noble. He was asked to lead a Bible study, and he did, at 11:00pm. No singing, no nothing, just bible study. From that, they needed a bigger room..from that they made another move until finally they moved into the Rainey Fine Arts Center that seats 1000 people. Went to 2 then 3 services/Sunday to make room for the people. Set up on Saturday night after concerts, etc. & had to tear down on Sunday night for several years. Built a church, moved into it with 2500 seats. Thought it would be big enough for years to come. Had to go to 2, then 3, then 4 services/day. Youth on Wednesday night? Got way too big. WE built a youth center that holds 1000. Began averaging about 800 on a Wed. night. Now divided by age on Wed. and Friday nights. Opened a campus in Greenville, opened a campus in Florence, and will open a campus in Columbia later this month. Two Sundays ago, we had a total of 13,000 people attend Newspring in one day...had 550 in the Youth Building. Why? Because we use the latest technology, professional people everywhere, the bands are fantastically good, they spend money on their children's ministry. People drive from Atlanta, and all over to attend. MTV, Disney spend millions on today's youth...why not church? Perry was in California a couple of months ago, and was stopped in a store because the person had been watching our services on the internet. Had a man fly in to be baptized from another state...can't remember which one because he accepted Christ during an internet service.
During a 5 weeks' series beginning Easter Sunday, 500 people received Christ. EVERYONE is welcome. We have hundreds of volunteers. If you come, and it's not you cup of tea, that's ok. For thousands, they have found their place. Perry preaches straight out of the BIBLE every week. There have been all sorts of "stories" told. That's what they are..stories. My 84 year old mother who grew up in a tiny Methodist country church loves it.
I'm just filling those in who don't know. The video was very moving. Anyone making fun should be ashamed especially if they profess to be a Christian. Many of the Clemson football team come to Sunday evening services..CJ and James Davis I've seen along with others. Our youth pastor used to be a FCA chaplain? to the football team and that's how many of them know him. AND by the way, Pastor Perry Noble is a huge Clemson fan and gives Carolina fans a bad time when we win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well done Jad Dean. Well Done!***

Sep 9, 2009, 8:44 AM

"Our wide receiver coach has accomplished just as much as your legend."

- The man of a million handles.

DROP KICK ME JESUS THROUGH THE GOAL POST OF LIFE!***

Sep 9, 2009, 9:15 AM

geez***

Sep 9, 2009, 11:10 AM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Sep 9, 2009, 1:28 PM

I wrote a note about Newspring last evening. However, after reading more comments, I have to tell you, we have no "corporate" sponsors. I hardly ever miss and I've never seen that. Our people give so much money through tithes and offerings, etc. that we have adopted schools in the area, built new playgrounds, given whole schools shoes and coats in the winter, refurbished houses and given them to deserving single mothers, etc. Also, the worst word I have ever heard Perry mutter,is "pissed". It's not my choice of word, but it's now everywhere on tv anyway. I'd hardly call that cursing. He was making a point when he did so. He tackles subjects that churches ought to tackle that are very real, but most other preachers are afraid to go there. I also remember that it was the "religious" folks of the day that crucified Jesus. Like I said in my earlier post, it's not for everyone, just like green beans are not everyone's choice for a vegetable, but one doesn't have to try to annihilate the chef's motivation for serving them and call it a "cult".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

do your research, he himself will tell you that he has said

Sep 9, 2009, 2:18 PM

more than pissed. I know this for sure. Don't get me wrong I think what they are doing from a evangelistic standpoint and the outreach is awesome but like you said not everyone likes green beans. Lets just agree to disagree. I think we both can agree that God is love and we all need a savior in Jesus.

God Bless & Go TIGERS!

Sep 9, 2009, 1:58 PM

WOW!!! Never have I seen God and Jesus discussed so much on Tiger Net. I,too, am a member of New Spring Church. How great it is on Sunday to see people as excited about coming to church as they are about going to football games. I had my orange on Sunday. Isn't it wonderful that I can love both without conflict. I thought the Jad Dean video was terrific. We don't have to feel sorry for him. He's got his priorities right. New Spring may not be for everyone but everyone is always welcome.

Isn't it great that Gods word is being proclaimed on Tnet.***

Sep 9, 2009, 2:20 PM

Sep 9, 2009, 3:01 PM

I think the right answer is God does not care about the outcome of football games. Football is not of God it is of man. Now...I think he cares about the PEOPLE who play, coach, and work in football, especially those who do it with the right priority. To say that God had someone miss a fieldgoal, drop a pass, fumble a ball, for His purpose is just plain misguided theology. However, God is awesome at making something good out of something bad. And that is the story here...not the hand of God making someone miss a kick. Good luck Jad. Say goodbye to your Gamecock friends, because now that you are going to heaven...you wont be seeing some of them one day!! hahahahahahahahahahahah

That is critical.

Sep 9, 2009, 3:35 PM

So many people think that in order for God to truly be omnipresent and omnipotent He must cause everything to happen and micromanage.

Did you strike a wrong letter when typing in a sentence. God probably made it happen right? Jeez, is it so hard to accept that He set the wheels in motion and when He intervenes it's a miracle?

Also, to the Newspring bashing thing. How many people bashing Newspring have been there for more than one sermon? Newspring is preaches sermons about as deep as a kiddy pool, but it's effective in bringing people to the Kingdom and getting them fired up.

Also, watching the video, maybe I missed it, but I think Jad didn't even mention Newspring. Perry even says multiple times that Newspring is not for everyone. So, why hate? Why hate on a church desiring to bring people purpose, direction, joy and eternal salvation. You might not agree with the means or the methods, but read through Paul's epistles and how he feels about those who preach the Gospel no matter their motivation. He loves it, and so do I.

FYI, I went to Newspring for about 1 & 1/2 years and then moved on. I don't hate it, but felt like after some time it wasn't for me any more.

This post needs removing.***

Sep 9, 2009, 4:02 PM

Re: This post needs removing.***

Sep 10, 2009, 8:59 AM

hindsight is 20/20

should ripped the video and posted it on my youtube page, then it wouldn't be so well known where the video came from.

Clemson Blues Brothers

Replies: 81
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic