Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Report: OK St. had drug issues
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Report: OK St. had drug issues

Sep 12, 2013, 1:22 PM

Updated: September 12, 2013, 1:09 PM ET
ESPN.com news services
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9664845/report-former-oklahoma-state-cowboys-players-describe-widespread-drug-use

Hmmmmm
$$$, girls, drugs someone else taking test for players
I know even at my age I could still play as much as clown-e if only I were not over the NCAA age limit

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Report: OK St. had drug issues

Sep 12, 2013, 1:26 PM

who are these people? never seen any of them on ESPN before.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kate seemed to perk up when they mentioned girls

Sep 12, 2013, 2:01 PM

for sex.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not that there is anything wrong with that...***

Sep 12, 2013, 2:34 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No doubt...Do they have a show called Hen Patrol that I

Sep 12, 2013, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Report: OK St. had drug issues ]

don't know about?

I will admit, it is the first time a I saw a girl named

Sep 12, 2013, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Report: OK St. had drug issues ]

Jaymee not covered in dolla bills...

It's very interesting..... b/c I'm able to see both sides of

Sep 12, 2013, 1:32 PM

this....

Obviously the rest of the country reads the reports. All I hear on the radio is former coaches and players bashing SI and denying the allegations...

If I try to be unbiased... I haven't read anything the last two days that is ground breaking at all. Now, the report about money is pretty damning. However, I'm not sure if I believe boosters went around the locker room giving out envelopes of cash. That just seems ignorant.

I did find this from an OKST grad today, regarding today's article and drugs and Bo Bowling:

We are asked to consider the contrast between the treatment of Bo Bowling and Victor Johnson. Let's do so:

The implication is that Bowling was allowed back because he was a star player. The truth is he was a walk-on who was finally awarded a scholarship only months before his arrest. That scholarship was rescinded upon his conviction. After completing the terms of his sentence and re-enrolling at OSU, he requested and was granted a meeting with Gundy and Holder. He asked to be allowed to rejoin the team. This request was granted with a number of stipulations -- including mandatory weekly drug tests. He returned as a NON-SCHOLARSHIP walkon.

Now for Victor Johnson. The story implies that his second positive test for marijuana gave the OSU coaching staff a convenient excuse for dismissing a player who was injured and no longer producing on the field. Not mentioned were his multiple arrests during this time frame for possession, DUI and obstructing a police officer.

Was Johnson's treatment substantially different than Bowling's? That is impossible to say. Had Johnson re-enrolled at OSU after resolving his legal issues and then sought a meeting with the coach and athletic director, he may well have been allowed to rejoin the team without scholarship under the same restrictions that Bowling faced. Instead, Johnson chose to continue his playing career at Northeastern Oklahoma State, an NAIA school in Tahlequah, Okla.

With the absence of this information in this story, it is hard to escape the conclusion that the writers are cherry-picking details in order to substantiate a predetermined narrative

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Anybody remember Dexter Manley?***

Sep 12, 2013, 1:35 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

absolutely... that was definately a black eye for OKST

Sep 12, 2013, 1:52 PM

I remember the President said afterwards...

"maybe we helped him after all... he got better on the field and was able to go to the NFL. OKST was good for him after all"

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Every team including Clemson has this issue

Sep 12, 2013, 1:43 PM

whether it is PEDs, weed, or harder drugs. Same goes for general student population at any school. Ok St just got caught.

Isn't getting caught always the biggest sin?***

Sep 12, 2013, 2:30 PM

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic