Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How soon after COVID exposure is
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

How soon after COVID exposure is

Dec 10, 2020, 5:47 PM

a test supposed to indicate positive or negative? Is the next day too soon?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How soon after COVID exposure is

Dec 10, 2020, 5:52 PM

I’ve been told 3 days.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2020, 5:53 PM

Watch Dr. Chris Martenson on his Peak Prosperity Youtube channel . He has a Phd in pathology from Duke. He can answer your questions .

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2020, 5:53 PM

Watch Dr. Chris Martenson on his Peak Prosperity Youtube channel . He has a Phd in pathology from Duke. He can answer your questions .

Dec 10, 2020, 5:55 PM

2 to 5 days
Even if test is negative 10 days stay at home
per SC D Hec

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2020, 6:10 PM

So why even get tested ?

Dec 10, 2020, 8:06 PM

Agreed!!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

yes, youtube for all your health needs***

Dec 10, 2020, 5:59 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: yes, youtube for all your health needs***

Dec 10, 2020, 6:09 PM

Pretty much the same as getting from the news media,

Isn't Tigernet a more reliable source for health & wellness?***

Dec 10, 2020, 10:20 PM [ in reply to yes, youtube for all your health needs*** ]

Re: Isn't Tigernet a more reliable source for health & wellness?***

Dec 10, 2020, 10:36 PM

That is why I am asking here.

Dec 10, 2020, 6:37 PM

Could be the day before exposure the day after. Ten days before ten days after. The test are highly inaccurate and always have been.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And you would be incorrect.

Dec 10, 2020, 6:59 PM

PCR tests are extremely accurate.

Re: And you would be incorrect.

Dec 10, 2020, 7:12 PM

I guess you’re right. They are accurate at detecting coronavirus. Whether it be the common cold coronavirus or the novel coronavirus covid-19. It’s all the same to the test...coronavirus

Dec 10, 2020, 7:18 PM

The claim that tests can misdiagnose a common cold as COVID-19 are misleading. Swab tests (PCR) used to diagnose COVID-19 are highly specific, experts say. Antibody tests, however, can establish if someone has antibodies from other coronaviruses, but they should not be used to diagnose COVID-19.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2020, 7:32 PM [ in reply to And you would be incorrect. ]

from what I have read they are prone to false positives.. saw where Elon Musk took the pcr test 4 times same machine, same nurse, two were negative, two were positive. PCR test was never intended to diagnose coronavirus, this is material I have found:

Here are a few headlines from those experts and scientific studies:

1. Experts compiled three datasets with officials from the states of Massachusetts, New York and Nevada that conclude:“Up to 90% of the people who tested positive did not carry a virus."

2. The Wadworth Center, a New York State laboratory, analyzed the results of its July tests at the request of the NYT: 794 positive tests with a Ct of 40: “With a Ct threshold of 35, approximately half of these PCR tests would no longer be considered positive,” said the NYT. “And about 70% would no longer be considered positive with a Ct of 30! “

3. An appeals court in Portugal has ruled that the PCR process is not a reliable test for Sars-Cov-2, and therefore any enforced quarantine based on those test results is unlawful.

4. A new study from the Infectious Diseases Society of America, found that at 25 cycles of amplification, 70% of PCR test "positives" are not "cases" since the virus cannot be cultured, it's dead. And by 35: 97% of the positives are non-clinical.

5. PCR is not testing for disease, it's testing for a specific RNA pattern and this is the key pivot. When you crank it up to 25, 70% of the positive results are not really "positives" in any clinical sense, since it cannot make you or anyone else sick

So, in summary, with regard to our current "casedemic", positive tests as they are counted today do not indicate a “case” of anything. They indicate that viral RNA was found in a nasal swab. It may be enough to make you sick, but according to the New York Times and their experts, probably won’t. And certainly not sufficient replication of the virus to make anyone else sick. But you will be sent home for ten days anyway, even if you never have a sniffle. And this is the number the media breathlessly reports... and is used to fearmonger mask mandates and lockdowns nationwide...

3-5 days is what we tell people***

Dec 10, 2020, 6:52 PM

Dec 10, 2020, 7:21 PM

My daughter was exposed Thursday, tested negative Friday, positive Sunday.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2020, 7:25 PM

that makes sense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2020, 8:16 PM [ in reply to Re: How soon after COVID exposure is ]

She should have tested again Monday... she may have been negative again. This whole testing epidemic needs to be reevaluated.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

I experienced my ....

Dec 10, 2020, 7:22 PM

first real symptoms on Monday afternoon. On Tuesday, I scheduled a rapid test for Wed am at eight oclock. I was tested on Wed, and got the results in the parking lot twenty minutes later. I tested positive. Home now. My exposure most probably occurred on Friday night ( three days before) when i was around a symptomatic carrier who was coughing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I experienced my ....

Dec 10, 2020, 7:29 PM

I wish you a speedy recovery!

I assume you have removed

Dec 10, 2020, 8:04 PM [ in reply to I experienced my .... ]

that person from your Christmas Card list.

Speaking from experience

Dec 10, 2020, 10:12 PM

I got it it, 2 other immediate family, my best friend and a couple we are friends with and all of us had similar experiences:

Rapid test false negative when testing before symptoms or before 5-6 days after exposure.

PCR (2-4 day wait) more accurate (several of us had rapid and PCR at the same time with Rapid saying negative but getting PCR results a few days later that were positive.

Even though the PCR was far more accurate my friend’s was negative 4 days after exposure. She got a headache the day after her test then lost her taste 2 days later so got a Rapid and it was positive.

Bottom line is that I don’t trust the Rapid before you have symptoms and even the PCR may not be accurate until you have symptoms.

If you know you’ve been exposed you should quarantine. I wish I had but did not know I’d been exposed - based on timing I think I got it at a pancake house in MB.

I worked in an office with someone who started symptoms

Dec 10, 2020, 10:36 PM

that evening and tested positive the next day. Different places have different rules about the number of days out even with negative tests. I plan to get a test whenever my MD says the appropriate number of days get here unless I get symptoms first.

Re: I worked in an office with someone who started symptoms

Dec 11, 2020, 8:53 PM

Good luck.
If you get it i've read it could be up to 14 days after exposure. While testing is fine, i do not get how testing serves a purpose during that period, except you know sooner, IF the test is accurate.
Quarantining (10 - 14 days) seems to be the only way to be sure you don't spread it. Or a hazmat suit!

Dec 10, 2020, 10:31 PM

You'll get more accurate results about 5-7 days after possible exposure.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic