Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tolerance is a two way street. You cannot put one
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Tolerance is a two way street. You cannot put one

Jun 6, 2020, 2:23 PM

Group under a microscope and expect everything you do to be acceptable. Its time everyone stops with the nonsense and just shows a little love for each other. You cannot get along with other people by pretending free speech is just for some people.

Color shouldn't matter. Its about who you are as a person. No one is perfect.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tolerance is a two way street. You cannot put one

Jun 6, 2020, 2:46 PM

Cornflakes, you should post more often. So far all of your post that I have read appear to have been well thought out and have been on target. This post is a perfect example. You are correct, It seems as if one race is always under the microscope. It seems the media and others are just waiting for that race to accidentally cross the line they have drawn for us. Then it is splashed all over the print media, talk shows, and groups of people. It becomes a major incident. Then a new law is demanded, apologies ask for , or people to be fired. It never stops. An inch is given then a mile is demanded.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2020, 2:59 PM

America, as we knew it, is gone. We have destroyed ourselves just as Nikita Krushev predicted. We have gone from the Greatest Generation to the Worst Generation. Sad to see. Hope I'm 100% wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Buckle up.

Jun 6, 2020, 3:32 PM

The storm is just brewing.

Jun 6, 2020, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Tolerance is a two way street. You cannot put one ]

I'm giving you a 99.99% right!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have a whole generation of people now who are

Jun 6, 2020, 6:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Tolerance is a two way street. You cannot put one ]

believing that America itself is and always has been evil and rotten to the core.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: We have a whole generation of people now who are

Jun 7, 2020, 12:19 PM

Without sacrifice there can be no true appreciation.

Jun 6, 2020, 4:15 PM

I'm pretty sure that's what MLK preached.

Free speech does cut both ways, as long as you agree with the Left that is. If you dont agree with them on any issue ranging from entitlement reform to defense spending you're a racist, a bigot, a xenophobe, etc. I know, I worked in the state Capitol and got a 1st hand glimpse.

How people act matters, the color of their skin is incidental unless you're part of the crowd that makes it's living off identity politics and race-baiting....then EVERYTHING is about skin color.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is your example of free speech being for everyone

Jun 6, 2020, 5:55 PM

the way that laura ingram didn't think LeBron James and Kevin Durant were entitled to free speech but Drew Brees is entitled to it? Or how Trump told Ayanna Pressley to not be so "loud" and go back to the country from where she came "whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, if they have a functioning government at all"? Even though Pressley was born and raised in the US? Is that how tolerance and free speech works?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bet you can’t name any instances of it from the Left

Jun 6, 2020, 6:00 PM

....can you?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bill Maher said it and kept his job...Weird huh?***

Jun 6, 2020, 6:15 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coach Pearman said "it" and kept his job

Jun 7, 2020, 12:06 PM

rush limbaugh said "it" and kept his job... woody hayes said "it" and kept his job... bear bryant said "it" and kept his job....
the essence of the OP is very true, but the fact is that intolerance has been a long standing issue in this country and it now resides explicitly in the seat of the CEO. You cannot find a decade in the history of this country from the time that settlers arrived and conflicted with the native americans even through today that intolerance has not been an issue.
Everybody wants to quote certain catch phrases of MLK today, but he was very much highest on the list of the most hated people in america from '65 until he took an assassins bullet for leading non-violent protests (intolerance? yes?). people were even intolerant of peaceful protests to the point that a church was bombed while Christians were in worship, killing four young girls. people were so intolerant that a 14 year old boy in sumter county was charged with killing two young white girls and died in the electric chair after a two hour trial, ten minute deliberation and being refused any appeals. people are so intolerant that a congressman from south carolina shouted "You Lie!!" at the sitting CEO of the country during a state of the union address. people are so intolerant that a young man in Columbia who was instructed by police to get his license and registration was shot when he obeyed that instruction. people are so intolerant today that a young man attended a bible study in Charleston and then killed nine people who shared Christian studies with him.
nobody is attempting to shut down free speech of people they disagree with, what I observe is an intolerance of wrong being done with impassioned pleas for the right things to be done...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure I can...

Jun 7, 2020, 12:35 PM [ in reply to I bet you can’t name any instances of it from the Left ]

Nancy Pelosi tried to tell ocasio-cortez, pressley, talib and omar to "shut up and be freshman lawmakers"...

Oh Good Lord....where in his post did he say that?***

Jun 6, 2020, 6:02 PM [ in reply to Is your example of free speech being for everyone ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh Good Lord....where in his post did he say that?***

Jun 7, 2020, 12:15 PM

ask the OP to be specific instead of making the inference, of which most of the comments have been indicative of that particular inference...

the OP says "Color shouldn't matter", making it a color-coded... so maybe Cornflakes would want to clarify the inference so that you or i won't be mistaken... and if i misconstrued the inference, i won't have any issue apologizing to Cornflakes, but for those comments that clued me in to the inference, well, they should apologize as well...

Is this the new Snowflake Bored? Dang you ladies pantees are

Jun 6, 2020, 10:39 PM

all in a wad.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic