Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Please vote and let’s hope that the Republicans can hold on
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 70
| visibility 744

Please vote and let’s hope that the Republicans can hold on

Nov 6, 2018, 12:34 PM

to the house and senate. Our country is in a down spiral and we need to get rid of the libel judges, and bureaucrats. If we loose this election we may not have another chance.

It’s time we as Christians took a moral stand.

Vote Trump candidates today!

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen brother.

Nov 6, 2018, 12:37 PM

If I see one more libel judge I'm gonna puck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate those slander judges myself.***

Nov 6, 2018, 1:37 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He’s not on the ballot, am I looking in the

Nov 6, 2018, 12:37 PM

Wrong spot?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He’s not on the ballot, am I looking in the

Nov 6, 2018, 12:44 PM

I meant vote for candidates that will work with President Trump!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hmm, is it issues like this that drive you to

Nov 6, 2018, 2:44 PM

vote Republican.

https://thinkprogress.org/republicans-voted-tax-bill-cut-medicare-social-security-pay-488a9bcbba7d/

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: hmm, is it issues like this that drive you to

Nov 6, 2018, 4:53 PM

And? This is a GOOD thing.

Let me refer you to the 10th Amendment.

I know, you guys dont really care for the Constitution all that much, but it doesnt change the fact that its the law of the land. Sorry.

Re: Please vote and let’s hope that the Republicans can hold on

Nov 6, 2018, 12:38 PM

Hail Satan, Vote Blue.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Irony...

Nov 6, 2018, 12:43 PM

that Christians are told to vote for a non-Christian (who is not running) as a moral stand. Is this real life?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Irony...

Nov 6, 2018, 12:48 PM

Not every politician but we need those that support is a Christian but they do support prolife, immigration laws to protect our broaders and those who support other moral causes. I am a conservative and feel with the right people in place President Trump can make a Positive difference within in our country!

Nov 6, 2018, 12:58 PM

The immigration laws Trump wants do not mesh with Christianity, nor does he support any other "moral" Christian cause, including pro-life. You have been duped. You are his target. Those who are easily fooled.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

what did Christ say about America's Immigration laws?***

Nov 6, 2018, 1:55 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing, which is my point to the original post.***

Nov 6, 2018, 1:57 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: Nothing, which is my point to the original post.***

Nov 7, 2018, 12:40 AM

So....you’re saying that the point of your original post was NOTHING?

That makes sense.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2018, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Irony... ]

Last time I checked, God ordered the Israelites to build walls around Jerusalem to prevent non-believers from taking over the city.

Also, last time I checked, Heaven has a pretty strict entrance policy as well, and only people who meet the requirements are allowed in.

Religion aside, nation sovereignty is critically important to the survival and identity of the state. Without secure borders, you cannot maintain a cohesive, sovereign nation. It is the single most idiotic thing I have ever heard to suggest that walls will not protect us. That is monumentally stupid and you are an idiot if you believe that.

Furthermore, the Constitution REQUIRES the U.S. government establish strict security of our border.

By advocating for open borders you are literally advocating the violation of the Constitution and the compromising of American Sovereignty.

Who is advocating for open borders?

Nov 6, 2018, 2:20 PM

Oh, right...Democrats, because FOX told you so.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who is advocating for open borders?

Nov 6, 2018, 2:28 PM

Oh look, more ad hominem from the tolerant left.

I also refuse to watch the news. I stick to .gov, .net, .edu, cspan, source documents, etc. Given the fact that I have 2 degrees in political science and can access databases, archives, and first hand source material a little more easily than most.

Also have some friends that work in the Clemson Social Media center, so they share some of the political trends that are making the rounds on the interwebs, which they can track with the most advanced social network monitoring system on the planet.

Pro tip: save you're vocal chords so you can maximize your screeching and reeeeeee-ing, the country is trending hard red by all metrics, except for the mainstream polls which oversample Demcorats and under sample Republicans.

Okay, but who is advocating for open borders?***

Nov 6, 2018, 2:32 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you okay?

Nov 6, 2018, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Who is advocating for open borders? ]

You've gone off on some wild tangents about open borders, your political science degrees, and how you only pay attention to certain web urls.

We're talking about the OP's silly suggestion that Trump is somehow implementing Christian doctrine, or that a vote for any of his candidates will do that.

And you come rolling up in here all like, "You all want open borders because my two poli-sci degrees and a .net site told me so!"

Re: Are you okay?

Nov 6, 2018, 4:55 PM

...you literally just said walls and secured borders don't work.

You need to take some meds.

Also, yes, suggesting Trump is a Christian and operating on "Christian" principles is absurd in the same way claiming America's Founders were Christian. Neither were, nor was this country intended to be Christian.

Re: Are you okay?

Nov 6, 2018, 5:06 PM

" ...you literally just said walls and secured borders don't work."

Can you please link me to my post in this thread where I said that?

"Also, yes, suggesting Trump is a Christian and operating on "Christian" principles is absurd in the same way claiming America's Founders were Christian. Neither were, nor was this country intended to be Christian."

Some of them were. But no, it wasn't intended to be a Christian nation. Apparently the OP thinks it was.

Nov 6, 2018, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Irony... ]

Almost 90% of Mexicans identify as Christians.

Serious question

Nov 6, 2018, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Irony... ]

Are you aero's political scok?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He says he's a Christian.

Nov 6, 2018, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Irony... ]

What more could you possibly ask for? That he act like one?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sadly, I don't think it will matter either way.

Nov 6, 2018, 12:50 PM

Still, I'm voting for the best rhetoric. Doesn't mean results though.

Trump's had a republican Congress for two years now and aside from a tax cut, they (Congress) haven't done crap.

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, He (Trump) has sandbagged anything out of Congress....

Nov 6, 2018, 12:53 PM

the blame for lack of progress rests squarely in the White House. He is not a leader and is devoid of any ideas or ability to influence (positively) opinion.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congress has a 15% approval rating. On a good day.

Nov 6, 2018, 1:01 PM

And have for decades been sub 20%. I'll just wang up and listen.

I guess GWB, Clinton, Bush 1, and Obama were not leaders either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're treating "Congress" as static....

Nov 6, 2018, 1:25 PM

like it's been the same "thing" for all that time.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that Congress, and specifically the GOP in Congress, hasn't screwed the pooch many times over the last 20 yrs, but Trump has a workable majority in the Senate and House for 2 years and more specifically a Speaker willing to take on long-term budget issues.

Obama had dem control of everything and all we got was

Nov 6, 2018, 1:38 PM

Obamacare. Trump had it and all we got was a tax cut.

No one touched immigration. Our debt. Or anything else really.

With a pen Trump has enacted more economic policy than Congress has in the past decade, perhaps two. That shouldn't even be possible, but it is with a useless body playing not to lose.

The GOP speaker and Congressional leadership is not willing to take on anything. No matter who is President.

We have a $22 trillion debt. We are running a huge deficit as it is. Congress is paralyzed because of this. They can't cut anything. period.

Re: Congress has a 15% approval rating. On a good day.

Nov 6, 2018, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Congress has a 15% approval rating. On a good day. ]

Congress as a whole has a bad approval rating but people tend to rate their own congress people much higher. That is why incumbents win so often. People tend to think your congress person sucks and is the problem, not their own.

I'd love to have a chance to vote for Maxine Waters or

Nov 6, 2018, 1:41 PM

Nancy Pelosi. Problem is people like me don't live in their districts. People like them don't live in my district. Lindsey Graham does live in my district and despite rhetoric, he's part of the problem and I've voted against him every chance I get.

And all of those guys had much better approval ratings

Nov 6, 2018, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Congress has a 15% approval rating. On a good day. ]

Which goes to show you that people who vote in approval ratings are stupid.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This doesn't fit with Tiggity's theory

Nov 6, 2018, 3:22 PM [ in reply to No, He (Trump) has sandbagged anything out of Congress.... ]

since the people in Congress don't act like they hate being responsible

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they were responsible, they would balance their

Nov 6, 2018, 3:27 PM

budget and spend less than they take in.

But free #### buys votes, and cutting anything gets you a loss at the polls.

Viva democracy!

Please don't associate Christian or moral with Trump....

Nov 6, 2018, 12:51 PM

that is utterly ridiculous and you ought to know better.

Also, this is not "the last chance"...give me a break.

^^^Ignoar him hes a closet libel.***

Nov 6, 2018, 12:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Busted...wait...what's a "libel"***

Nov 6, 2018, 12:55 PM

you are! Just like libel judges!***

Nov 6, 2018, 12:57 PM

Re: Please don't associate Christian or moral with Trump....

Nov 6, 2018, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Please don't associate Christian or moral with Trump.... ]

Close you eyes to the decline of our country. Then you will be look so many others. But when the United States turns into a socialized country don’t be one of those that whine about it or say we should have done more.

I'm impressed that you put in the effort to downvote

Nov 6, 2018, 12:59 PM

people when they say something you don't like. You're doing the Lord's work. Jesus approves thumbdowning.

Guess I've missed where we've declined.

Nov 6, 2018, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Please don't associate Christian or moral with Trump.... ]

We've improved both under and Obama and Trump.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Can we please go back to those moral Christian times of...

Nov 6, 2018, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Please don't associate Christian or moral with Trump.... ]

Slavery, or just inequality for minorities, and maybe also inequality for women?

Also back when rock and roll was considered the devil's music.

C'mon man.....straight up....

Nov 6, 2018, 1:05 PM

tell me you wouldn't live perpetually in the early-mid 90's if you could.

Man, I would. Grunge would never die, Bill Berry would still be REM's drummer, the Beasties would all still be alive and could sample all they wanted, compilation/tribute CD's would still be awesome, Patagonia clothing would only be sold at modest premiums, most cars would have a manual transmission option, and social media wouldn't exist to tell us how to think and feel.

Sign me up if someone wants to take us back there.

I'm quite partial to my gigabit internet though.***

Nov 6, 2018, 1:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You might not believe me when I say this,

Nov 6, 2018, 1:08 PM

but I'd go back to pre-Internet in a heartbeat. And I love the Internet.

I stand with Obed on this one...

Nov 6, 2018, 1:11 PM

I've gotten some great things from the internet, but I'm pretty sure it's destroying the fabric of our country (or at least speeding up an ongoing process)

Remember trivia nights at bars pre-Internet?

Nov 6, 2018, 1:13 PM

People would think you were Doogie Howser if you won one of those. Now they just think you're really good at sneaky googling.

I'd be ok with keeping internet if we could just get rid

Nov 6, 2018, 1:36 PM [ in reply to I stand with Obed on this one... ]

of social media. Let the mouth breathers stay in the Yahoo news comment section where they can be hidden. Social media just reveals the outright stupidity of everyone.

If it can't be one without the other...then yeah, spray some WWW-be-gone on here and lets get on with it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: C'mon man.....straight up....

Nov 6, 2018, 1:07 PM [ in reply to C'mon man.....straight up.... ]

Yeah, but remember downloading pron using dial up? Give me today's high speed always connected internet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You paint a pretty picture.

Nov 6, 2018, 1:09 PM [ in reply to C'mon man.....straight up.... ]

These youngsters don't understand that your list is worth far more than high speed internet.

You had to be there man, you had to be there.***

Nov 6, 2018, 1:09 PM

Yeah, but no Yeti back then.

Nov 6, 2018, 1:29 PM [ in reply to You paint a pretty picture. ]

HOW THE ICE GONNA STAY COLD ALL DAY??

I 100 percent ####### would!

Nov 6, 2018, 1:12 PM [ in reply to C'mon man.....straight up.... ]

Not just that stuff you listed, but all genres of music were superior then. Gas was what, 67 cents in Clemson? People wouldn't be blowing up your cell phone. No reality TV...

MAGA

Do I get to be at Clemson and have enough money....

Nov 6, 2018, 1:28 PM [ in reply to C'mon man.....straight up.... ]

to go out at TTT whenever I please without having to have a "real" job?

Sign me up

It's really weird, isn't it.

Nov 6, 2018, 1:40 PM

My income has steadily risen ever since college, and I feel like my standard of living has declined equally.

Don't get me wrong, I like my life and all that, but fresh out of Clemson when I was making maybe $32k/year, I had no problem running up $100 bar tabs at Selwyn Pub, Ri-ra, the Hut, and other notable Charlotte establishments 3-4 times a week. Why aren't I doing that now?

19B®

What was The Hut? Don't 'member that one.

Nov 6, 2018, 1:57 PM

Dixie's took lots of my money. I wish I could remember the names of all those uptown joints in the late '90s-early 2000s. Was it City Tavern on 4th and Church?

The Hut was next door to Have a Nice Day Cafe.

Nov 6, 2018, 2:02 PM

It had a thatched roof indoors covering the ceiling. Nice laid back vibe generally, but a bit too commercial for me. It caught fire (surprise--thatched ceiling plus smoking allowed indoors) in the early 2000's and I'm not sure it reopened.

Uptown at the time though had about 5 bars that I recall.

The Hut
Have a Nice Day
Ri-Ra
Cosmopolitan
Fat Tuesdays
Atlantic Beer and Ice

Oh yeah, and if you were feeling fancy, you'd head to South

Nov 6, 2018, 2:13 PM [ in reply to What was The Hut? Don't 'member that one. ]

Park and the Village Tavern outdoor patio, where the beautiful people would be crammed in a-holes to elbows in a way that would make TD's jealous.

I used to get paid...

Nov 6, 2018, 3:46 PM [ in reply to It's really weird, isn't it. ]

$250 every two weeks to run The Tiger, and you could stretch that #### pretty far in the Clemson bars at the turn of the century.

I'd rather not go back to elementary school

Nov 6, 2018, 3:52 PM [ in reply to C'mon man.....straight up.... ]

But wouldn't have minded being an adult back then

Is this post available in English?***

Nov 6, 2018, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Please don't associate Christian or moral with Trump.... ]

Nov 6, 2018, 12:57 PM

The irony is so thick in here that rappers are writing songs about having sex with it.

Nov 6, 2018, 7:41 PM

At least Iwas able to get a lot of people to at least think. It’s the citizen that needs to get more involved. We need to take back some of the freedoms 9/11 legislation took away.

I am in no position to judge President Trumps life and would not. But for the first time since I cast my first vote for a President Ronald Reagan, I see people getting more engaged in this country. For to long we sat back and just accepted what the government shoved down our throats. Now people are at least starting to ask why!

God Bless all of you that responded regardless of our points of view.

Nov 6, 2018, 7:53 PM

This is exactly the sentiment that the country needs. +1 a million times

We should all agree that we need to restore some of the freedoms that have been infringed upon post 9/11 as a result of the antics of BOTH parties.

Also, we should all agree that more poltical engagement is a good thing.

I say this with all due respect

Nov 6, 2018, 12:59 PM

No.

and go #### yoreself.

Well happy birthday to you. GFY***

Nov 6, 2018, 1:00 PM

You say you argh a Krissshun but I hear the deveal speaking

Nov 6, 2018, 1:07 PM [ in reply to I say this with all due respect ]

when you type maybee you should go to a libel party tonight it well be sad!

Nov 6, 2018, 1:04 PM

to the house and senate. Our country is in a down spiral and we need to get rid of the libel judges, and bureaucrats. If we loose this election we may not have another chance.

Interesting that you think that this country is in a "down spiral" in spite of the fact the Republicans control the House, the Senate and the Presidency.

And your answer is to vote for more Republicans....'cause that's what Jesus would do?

Amazing.

Please vote and respect all others who do the same ...

Nov 6, 2018, 1:17 PM

regardless of who they support.

That seems to be a cornerstone of a democracy as well as American values.

Your alleged morality and Christianity can be as easily questioned as you question others.

Well you see, ole boy has directly made my

Nov 6, 2018, 1:39 PM

job more annoying and this makes me hate he and all his cronies.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2018, 7:48 PM
popcorn.gif(58.1 K)

Replies: 70
| visibility 744
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic