Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: High school Coach upset at Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

Recruit Update: High school Coach upset at Clemson

Jun 6, 2012, 9:14 AM

High school Coach upset at Clemson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruit Update: High school Coach upset at Clemson

Jun 6, 2012, 9:16 AM

He lost all credibility @ "Clemson gon tell me"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let me guess...he teaches English?

Jun 6, 2012, 9:17 AM

Mercy.

Obviously his coach isnt an English teacher

Jun 6, 2012, 9:18 AM

Wow.

They must be proud of the education system in South Florida!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Obviously his coach isnt an English teacher

Jun 6, 2012, 9:19 AM

No kidding, if I hadn't known better I would've thought this was a coot coach.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No way this kid ever signs with us..

Jun 6, 2012, 9:26 AM

I dont have the reason. I just know he will not be a Tiger.

This guy is an educator?

Jun 6, 2012, 9:21 AM

Oy.

And we thought the SC School System was bad...***

Jun 6, 2012, 9:46 AM

Re: This guy is an educator?

Jun 6, 2012, 11:17 AM [ in reply to This guy is an educator? ]

NO! He's been given a job by the school district under the guise of driver's ed for the sake of football.

Nope. It's called a role model.***

Jun 6, 2012, 11:20 AM [ in reply to This guy is an educator? ]

Vuhhhhh!!! Whut????? Mushmouth is dat you???

Jun 6, 2012, 9:26 AM

We ain't be gotta take diuhh!!! Tell Fabby Albbbebert.

Jun 6, 2012, 9:27 AM

Wow! No wonder some kids have such a hard time adjusting to society and to being productive citizens. Their Board of Education may want to visit this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

*facepalm*

Jun 6, 2012, 9:35 AM

Here's a major problem. Kids across the country are being "educated," coached, and influenced by idiots like this. We are quick to judge these kids on the way they talk and communicate, but look at where it starts.

Oh and by the way, you idgit of a coach, Clemson doesn't act like they own the kid, but if a kid makes a commitment to Clemson, Dabo and company expect the kid to actually commit. Maybe it's better to teach kids about the value of holding up their end of a deal, as opposed to your idiot twitter lingo.

End rant.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Can someone please translate for those of us raised to say

Jun 6, 2012, 9:43 AM

"Yes Sir" and Yes M'am"?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you mean all 15

who havent died of old age? :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He did something wrong and it's Clemson's fault.

Jun 6, 2012, 9:44 AM

We did not force the kid to commit. This coach probably didn't want him at Clemson in the first place as indicated by his desire to take him on visits. I'm not feeling very optimistic about this.

He's obviously looking for a reason to discourage the commitment. He needs to commit himself to learning the English language and take teaching seriously, then worry about Clemson holding young men to their word.

I bet he's an intelligent guy...

Nice comment coach! Obviously we don't own anyone, but if you verbally committ, stick to your word. We're recruiting ballers and those who honor thier word, it's called character. Don't get mad if that's what we recruit.

Go Tigers! I like the coaches telling them like it is.

Sorry he didn't commit to the FL school you promised.

Jun 6, 2012, 9:53 AM

What a tool. He doesn't even realize that his statements insinuate he has ownership over McDonald's commitment and how dare Clemson make a kid honor his commitment.

I wonder if Dabo is going to cut this kid loose because of this. I hope not, as he his being heavily influenced by this incoherent idiot.

Oh well, he's off the board.

Jun 6, 2012, 9:55 AM

The ignorant coach wins, Clemson and the kid lose.

It is shameful for our staff to have to deal with a coach

Jun 6, 2012, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Sorry he didn't commit to the FL school you promised. ]

who acts like this....

I wonder how he takes "commitment" from his wife..

Jun 6, 2012, 9:54 AM

Or does he just have a few "babies mommas" around?

Here's more from this bobagadoosh...

Jun 6, 2012, 9:58 AM

Jon Drummond ?@Genron187
Clemson with that BS, but I bet they let committed players on their campus all day any day....smh keeping it moving

Expand Collapse Reply RetweetedRetweet
Delete
FavoritedFavorite 3:54 AM - 6 Jun 12 via TweetDeck · Details 6h Jon Drummond ?@Genron187
They cut from the list and consideration....and coach D slams the phone setup like we owe him. Shttt they can have that attitude n shove it

Expand Collapse Reply RetweetedRetweet Delete FavoritedFavorite 6h Jon Drummond ?@Genron187
Clemson gon tell me I shouldn't have taken a player in visits...man they crazy as hell. A verbal commitment dnt mean u own a kid

Expand Collapse Reply RetweetedRetweet Delete FavoritedFavorite 6h Jon Drummond ?@Genron187
In 8 yrs I've never steered a kid wrong.

@JimmyDSmith man a coach today tried me and one of my kids.....oh hell naw. Stay tuned for something tomorrow. Weak add Clemson

Looking at some older post... this appears more abt him.

Jun 6, 2012, 10:02 AM

As in he's enjoying these trips more than the recruit. You can't make this stuff up.

Jon Drummond ?@Genron187
Coach just said that there is only 3 conferences in football that matter. The AFC, NFC, and SEC

Jon Drummond ?@Genron187
LSU it is.....road trip 2012

Jon Drummond ?@Genron187
LSU NEXT? Hmmm

Jon Drummond ?@Genron187
Dang, where to on Friday. Fau? Louisville? WKU? UF...I got to get another driver.

You Nailed It. It's all about him.***

Jun 6, 2012, 10:03 AM

Twitter: helping morons mass produce stupidity since 2006***

Jun 6, 2012, 10:02 AM

Glad he isn't a teacher***

Jun 6, 2012, 10:04 AM

Anybody Know His High School?

Jun 6, 2012, 10:08 AM

I think his High School Principal should know how this coach represents the school on Twitter.

Re: Anybody Know His High School?

Jun 6, 2012, 11:34 AM

Champagnat Catholic HS

I wonder if Dabo pulls his offer?

Jun 6, 2012, 10:10 AM

I bet he will.

Sounds like it already happened.***

Jun 6, 2012, 10:18 AM

Here's an idea

Jun 6, 2012, 10:23 AM

If you feel like you're going to want to take other visits, don't commit in the first place. Recruits these days make commitments like they're nothing. Wait until you're 100% sure then stick with your decision. Don't waste everyone's time by doing otherwise.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haven't we already been through this.

Jun 6, 2012, 10:36 AM

If you want to take other visits, don't commit.

An adult wrote those "Tweets"!?!

Jun 6, 2012, 10:40 AM

I don't know what's more embarrassing, his attitude or his presentation of that attitude in written form.

It's a little unfair to pretend to know everything based on a few notes on Twitter, but in this case the writing appears to be on the wall. This "leader of men" does not understand commitment and he is teaching his players likewise. I'm sure he's sitting down with the recruit telling him that he's special and he has the right to commit and then look around because he's talent and the normal rules don't apply. I also imagine that the recruit was excited to go to Clemson and this guy told him not to worry, that we wouldn't pull the offer, and now he has some egg on his face because he is jeopardizing the recruit's future. That would explain the lashing out at us publicly.

I have no doubt that Dabo has explained clearly Clemson's policies on commitments. You don't get to take one of Clemson's scholarships and use it as a "place holder" while you look for something else. That's our policy. I don't know the recruit at all and I'm sure he's a fine kid and will do well, but if this is the way it's going to be, then unfortunately he can't be a Clemson Tiger.

null

Re: An adult wrote those "Tweets"!?!

Jun 6, 2012, 10:43 AM

This is a coach from a Catholic School who boasts that they have "A staff committed to teaching how to live according to the Gospel" and he talks like this.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yay education system. USA going downhill.***

Jun 6, 2012, 10:52 AM

Re: Yay education system. USA going downhill.***

Jun 7, 2012, 9:53 AM

It's a private school. i.e., athlete factory.

Jun 6, 2012, 11:00 AM

McDonald has decommitted. Apparently our coaches are not too upset about it. His offer list is fabricated by this Assistant coach. Most are non-commitable offers. He has camped at many places and has not received an offer from any big time school. Most agree that he is not even a D1 talent.

This just opens up a scholarship for Larenz Bryant. Go getem

Jun 6, 2012, 11:29 AM

Stay away---away, away, away-- from a guy named Jon Drummond. This guy is trouble and appears to have significant difficulty communicating effectively.

His players bring that same mentality. Will be wanting to tell our coaches when he will and will not play. Do not get near this man, his program, or his players.

That's PRIVATE education for you

Jun 6, 2012, 12:19 PM

No oversight and no standards

Jun 6, 2012, 12:55 PM

Not saying they have what it takes to correct this, but where ever he goes, I can see the NCAA getting involved with this recruit

Poor role model that coach is

Jun 6, 2012, 3:13 PM

Lead by example sir. You and your students need to learn the meaning of commitment.

Re: Poor role model that coach is

Jun 6, 2012, 3:25 PM

setting a horrible example for his players. he is an idiot

Awww..heeyyel naw!

Jun 6, 2012, 3:40 PM

He aint comin to CU

Jun 6, 2012, 8:51 PM

Good luck to this high school player. Hope he gets in a quality school. His coach would not make the grades in most university classes without some big time help.

Jun 6, 2012, 9:08 PM

I'm not that I would jump to a conclusion so quickly based on a few twitter posts.....pretty much everyone - even many who don't even use Twitter - know there's a character limit on posts, and people who text have been coming up with "text-ese" shortcuts ever since they only had pagers and cell phones to do it on.

The Drummond guy has since tweeted a bit without taking all the tweet short-cuts, and his grammar is as good if not better than many who post here.

IMO, SC residents - regardless of which college sports they follow - mocking the grammar of others is simply a bit too much.....

Jun 6, 2012, 9:09 PM

...and just as soon as I post this, I make a grammatical error: I meant to post "I'm not [sure] that I would jump to a conclusion..."

*sigh*

Does anybody have a tweetbonics dictionary handy?***

Jun 6, 2012, 9:55 PM

As dumb as he sounds...i agree with him.

Jun 7, 2012, 7:17 AM

I don't hear of anyone else doing this kinda hard lined stuff. Give the kids some freedom or are you scared they're going to like someone else better. IF thats the case man up sell them even more.

I'm not so sure it's as hard-lined as you think. I expect

Jun 7, 2012, 9:30 AM

our coaches tell a kid to take any and all visits they need to until they're sold on Clemson and ready to end the process. The only hard-line part comes at the time of commitment. After all, we're dropping our recruitment of some other kid every time one commits. It's reasonable to say, you have a spot as long as someone doesn't beat you to it, but don't commit until you mean it. When you commit, we're taking you at your word and stopping our recruitment of the next guy. How is that so hard-line?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Surprised his tweets don't end with "WU-TANG"***

Jun 7, 2012, 8:00 AM

Is this coach serious???? LOL. He sounds like he's the...

Jun 7, 2012, 9:14 AM

recruit (and a really immature one at that).

This is almost beyond anything I've seen in recruiting.

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic