Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is there any scenario of Notre Dame playing in ACC CG?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Is there any scenario of Notre Dame playing in ACC CG?

Oct 4, 2017, 8:03 PM

I found some article about 3 years old written by an unknown author that says no.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they join the ACC in football and manage to win their

Oct 4, 2017, 8:05 PM

division, then they will be in the championship game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is there any scenario of Notre Dame playing in ACC CG?

Oct 4, 2017, 8:10 PM

Probably not.
They'd have to back in to the playoffs like tOSU did without going to a conference championship game.
But, even with 3 weeks off to rest, heal and practice they still managed to draw a blank against the upcoming National Champs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2017, 8:13 PM

They could play in a basketball or baseball championship game. They are not football members.

Yes. If they win all 5 ACC games they play and

Oct 4, 2017, 8:14 PM

The winner of either the coastal or Atlantic is only 4-4, then ND will be the representative.

(I just created this rule.)

I know an expert

Oct 4, 2017, 8:17 PM

Snowtown®

Ask him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: I know an expert

Oct 4, 2017, 9:15 PM

Just phone a friend!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2017, 8:18 PM

Then why has the Acc website have them listed in football. They are not members in football and should be removed.

Seriously...

Oct 4, 2017, 8:37 PM

I recall that, sometime back years ago during the conference realignment, everyone wanted Notre Dame. Okay, conferences wanted them because of the money they’d bring. That still holds true now. But fans wanted them because, we’ll, it’s Notre Dame. Me included.

Today, I really don’t care much about them anyone. The “Notre Dame” name, which should still fetch some good money, no longer gives me that feeling like I did before. It’s kinda somewhat like how I feel about programs like Miami or Nebraska. Not exact, but somewhat alike.

So, they can join ACC, Big Ten, or stay independent. I don’t care.

Re: Seriously...

Oct 4, 2017, 9:16 PM

Notre Dame is a member of the ACC, it does not participate in football just as Clemson does not participate in softball, swimming, field hockey, and lacrosse. Football games with ND are considered out of conference games and do not count in the standings. There is a provision that would allow ND to attend the Orange Bowl over the ACC Champion with a certain national ranking, but I don't remember what that ranking would need to be.

That I know...

Oct 4, 2017, 10:28 PM

But we're talking about football, aren't we? Otherwise, we will have to discuss other sports that Notre Dame is a member of Big Ten. Believe me, I know. I've followed college football before some of members on this board were born.

Notre Dame is not a full member. It's still listed as independent in football. It has bowl tie-ins with ACC, but that's it.

Re: That I know...

Oct 5, 2017, 12:08 AM

Agreed, they work the Bowl tie in when it is beneficial for them. They have worked TV and conference tie-ins better than anyone else and it isn't even close. Not knocking it, if I was them I would have the same goal, others can say no, they just never do.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2017, 9:13 PM

Their FB isn't a member of the ACC, so no chance can they play in the ACC CG!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, until if/when they actually join the ACC in .........

Oct 4, 2017, 9:13 PM

football they will have no involvement in the ACC CG.

Re: No, until if/when they actually join the ACC in .........

Oct 4, 2017, 9:16 PM

Yep, in every sport except football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No, until if/when they actually join the ACC in .........

Oct 4, 2017, 9:21 PM

And that's ONLY bc they didn't want to let go of that TV money to join and be a member of our conference!!!

Simply put, NO!

Oct 5, 2017, 8:30 AM

Because they lost at home to UGA.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Yes.***

Oct 5, 2017, 8:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic