Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is there any coach disrespected more than Dabo?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 74
| visibility 1

Is there any coach disrespected more than Dabo?

Apr 22, 2015, 9:39 PM

Fans, bloggers, internet writers, etc... All see to dog him and never give him credit for what he has accomplished? Is it because he goes by Dabo? That he speaks his mind? That he is hardworking? That he runs a clean program? What is it that make so many belittle him?

He took a mediocre underachieving program and turned it into a solid contender., and he's done it the right way. We aren't all the way there yet in that we aren't a top tier elite program, but we are knocking on the door of greatness. Now of course I'm biased towards Clemson, but I would think the traits that Dabo has shown would make him a fan favorite amongst people all over the country. He had a tough upbringing, but through hard work has brought himself up in the world, and is good at what he does.

Instead of respecting him it seems like other fan bases (other than coots), and writers always talk like he's some redneck sitting on a porch playing a banjo, while eating straw, or whittling a piece of wood.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just liberals christian bashing

Apr 22, 2015, 9:42 PM

Honestly, this was my first thought as well.***

Apr 22, 2015, 10:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Yep, mine too..ya beat me to it.***

Apr 22, 2015, 10:14 PM

Oh please.***

Apr 23, 2015, 7:17 AM [ in reply to Just liberals christian bashing ]

Oh youre right, Christians arent persecuted

Apr 23, 2015, 10:21 AM

Signed, Indiana Pizzeria. Bakeries around the nation. Africa. Pastor Saeed. Majority of ISIS victims. DABO.

Dabo is persecuted?

Apr 23, 2015, 7:14 PM

I'm sure he wipes away his tears with $100 bills.

"Just liberals Christian bashing" is nothing more than intellectual laziness.

FFRF says hi

Apr 23, 2015, 9:34 PM

and are you denying the liberal war on Christianity?! Keep watching your MSNBC sheep

And the FFRF accomplished nothing, so you're wrong again***

Apr 24, 2015, 7:35 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FFRF says hi

Apr 27, 2015, 8:31 AM [ in reply to FFRF says hi ]

There is no liberal war on Christianity. There is an effort by liberals to remove Christianity's privileged status in this country. Those two things are entirely different.

But keep watching your Fox "News" sheep

WAAAH, I had to serve gay people WAAAAAH***

Apr 24, 2015, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Oh youre right, Christians arent persecuted ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL, no more than blacks, Jews, gays,

Apr 24, 2015, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Oh youre right, Christians arent persecuted ]

or just about any other group out there

In fact, I'd say Christians are among the LEAST persecuted groups today

Wow what an idiotic post

Apr 24, 2015, 4:40 PM

Why dont you tell Christians in Africa, China, and the Middle East about them being the least persecuted. Get a clue.

He was talking about in this country...

Apr 24, 2015, 7:36 PM

since you mentioned the bigots that owned a pizza place in Indiana.

Why do the christian fundamentalists in this country....

Apr 24, 2015, 7:38 PM [ in reply to Wow what an idiotic post ]

hate their fellow Christians from the countries of Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Mexico? No group spews more hatred towards immigrants from those countries, who are predominantly Christian, than christian fundamentalists.

Re: Why do the christian fundamentalists in this country....

Apr 25, 2015, 5:26 PM

There is a strong difference between hatred and immigration reform. Should I say, hatred versus accountability. You see, it is irresponsible and even dangerous to arbitrarily grant citizenship to mass amounts of undocumented people living here. Amnesty? What you are basically asking for is potential terrorist attacks on our own soil.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: Why do the christian fundamentalists in this country....

Apr 25, 2015, 5:34 PM [ in reply to Why do the christian fundamentalists in this country.... ]

they are not immigrants!! they are criminals that have broken out laws!! they deserve NOTHING!! no food,no housing,no medical care(paid LMAO) or unpaid.. let some of the WORTHLESS ######## live with that and they will stop coming!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow what an idiotic post

Apr 25, 2015, 5:24 PM [ in reply to Wow what an idiotic post ]

> Why dont you tell Christians in Africa, China, and
> the Middle East about them being the least
> persecuted. Get a clue.

Better yet, why don't they know about the 2.1million Christians that were slaughtered in Syria since 2009? Why don't they know about the 500,000 that have been dislocated and killed in Iraq in the past 18 months? In Syria, ISIS and even other groups fighting against ISIS were hoarded into slaughter houses that are used for cattle and beheaded. They were beheading as many as 10,000 Christians daily for almost 2 years. I digress though, I mean after all Hillary Clinton says, "what difference does it make?"

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Christians aren't persecuted in this country....

Apr 24, 2015, 7:34 PM [ in reply to Oh youre right, Christians arent persecuted ]

There are Christians in oppressive countries all over the world being persecuted. Sorry, but people preventing bigoted christian fundamentalists from discriminating and violating the 14th amendment, is not persecution. The Ethiopian Christians who just had their heads chopped off by ISIS, now that's persecution. Sorry, but the whiney little christian fundamentalists in this country aren't persecuted, they are just looking for excuses to line their greedy pockets with money.

Re: Oh please.***

Apr 23, 2015, 8:06 PM [ in reply to Oh please.*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nope.. but i do think people link Southern accents with ignorance

Apr 25, 2015, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Just liberals christian bashing ]

Add in Dabo's enthusiasm and he just becomes an easy target. It likely also helps that he doesn't respond to any of it.. no repurcussions for the ####### making assonine comments.
Just what i think.
Oh, and i don't agree that he is one of the most disrespected either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I don't see it quite that way, but then again, frankly, I

Apr 22, 2015, 9:46 PM

like the looks on their faces and their losses for words when we beat the likes of THE Ohio State, Oklahoma, LSU, Auburn, just to name a few.

Seems like a whole lot of good people who may have called him redneck have had their redneckognization that there may be more to him than meets the eye.

Other than that, I just don't give a flying crap what they say or think. Screw em.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't see it quite that way, but then again, frankly, I

Apr 22, 2015, 9:49 PM

I think he's one of the most respected coaches in the country. It's like we old folks say, 'You know you're doing nothing wrong when folks have to make chit up to criticize you.'

?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't see it quite that way, but then again, frankly, I

Apr 22, 2015, 10:29 PM

exactly, but some people enjoy a good persecution complex.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:Keep[ winning Dabo and keep p===== them off***

Apr 22, 2015, 10:56 PM [ in reply to I don't see it quite that way, but then again, frankly, I ]

Re: Is there any coach disrespected more than Dabo?

Apr 22, 2015, 9:49 PM

The greatest of men always catch the most crap early in their careers. That and they're jealous...

Not to smash your version of the stereotypical redneck

Apr 22, 2015, 9:52 PM

but I don't think anyone is eating the straw. I believe it is treated more like a toothpick. And Dabo has his detractors and supporters, like any coach.

Apr 22, 2015, 9:57 PM

Haters gonna hate. They all have pie on their face and keep having to regurgitate the crap they spew

Apr 22, 2015, 10:12 PM

Wasn't Dabo just named one of the top coaches under 50 years old in all of college football? That does not seem like disrespect to me. Coach Swinney's record speaks for itself. He's a well respected young coach who has put together a long streak of ten win seasons, been to a BCS bowl, and beaten a nice string of perennial powers.

Seems like he's well respected and the respect has been earned.

Of course, some folks don't like him. Some folks don't like Saban, Meyer and that fellow down in Columbia. Good coaches generate hate because people don't like some other program getting the jump on them.

Harley

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm with you Harley. Ninety-five percent of all I read

Apr 22, 2015, 10:27 PM

about Dabo is respectful. All winning coaches have detractors that are jealous of their success but Dabo's detractors are few.

The more we kick A$$

Apr 22, 2015, 10:06 PM

The more haters gonna hate... and Dabo sips on hater tears....

Re: You got that right.***

Apr 22, 2015, 10:58 PM

Great question

Apr 22, 2015, 10:17 PM

I think the answer is no. It even comes from our own fan base. I remember people were hoping Chad Morris would take over as HC.

Dabo has made mistakes but he's done more good and still learning. I have seen the improvement every year.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Apr 22, 2015, 10:18 PM

He is the New Young Kid on the
Block. Sports writers don't like New Winners. Especially when their local Icon is on a downhill Slide.

Apr 22, 2015, 10:20 PM

I have just become accustomed to the news media hating everyone who thinks like I do and holds the same conservative values I have. I really do not pay it much attention anymore.

The thing is, those who are criticizing him are basically

Apr 22, 2015, 10:27 PM

"nobodys" that no one has really ever heard of that decide to start a blog from their mom's basement/hydroponic grow room. The fan bases of the "big boys" of cfb would LOVE to have Dabo themselves. Most Bama fans I talk to are salivating at the chance to get Dabo if Saban were to retire. I travel to Oregon quite a bit, and Duck fans out there call him "the player's coach" and "all that is awesome about cfb." He could basically write his own contract anywhere if he showed a little interest in other places. I pray he doesn't, and I think Dabo is 100% Tiger and will be our coach for many great years. But seriously, there are dozens of teams that would LOVE to have him.

He's respected, by those that actually matter. Jealous bloggers and butthurt coots don't count.

Re: The thing is, those who are criticizing him are basically

Apr 22, 2015, 10:32 PM

Bama fans are in love with Kiffin at the moment.

Well, this is also true for some. Never thought I see that.***

Apr 22, 2015, 10:37 PM

Apr 23, 2015, 7:20 AM

I think Dabo gets derided a lot because unlike a lot of other coaches, he sticks his neck way out there. He's not a conventional interview--he loves to talk, he loves to pump up his players and his team. He talks big, with big words and big predictions (yet somehow does it without coming off as cocky). And he sounds a little bit country when he talks, which people love to make fun of. And people laugh at him for that, but what they're starting to realize is that he has backed up EVERYTHING he's said with action. And that's turning heads. A few more 10-win seasons will have the sports world talking about him as an elite-level coach. He will be the model for a new type of coach, one that can win with class and joy and a certain home-grown feeling--a stark contrast to the nasty d0uchebaggery that we've come to expect from the likes of Saban and Spurrier.

Apr 23, 2015, 7:41 AM

On one hand yes. Bill king on xm use to always want to always give credit to chad. Now it's probably Brent.

People also think of him as a cheerleader that uses his faith to recruit.

I think given how little support he had after kuple Parker's last year, what he has done is pretty amazing.

In fact, if he does well these next two years with jeff scott, Clemson fans will have to legitimately worry about him being Alabama's next football coach.

Persecution complex...from my view, Dabo is highly

Apr 23, 2015, 8:35 AM

respected in the media and gets extremely positive coverage.

Here in Cooterville they called him a "coupon coach"

Apr 23, 2015, 8:58 AM

and a "cheerleader" and all that jazz. Phil CootCoot also derided him as not being a real coach like SOS because he delegates too much and "isn't very smart when it comes to football fundamentals."

But in the last year it has slacked off some as our wins under Dabo build, his wins over big-time programs build, and the way he runs his program is now looked at as a good thing for Clemson over how SOS handles some issues on his USuC teams.

Re: Here in Cooterville they called him a "coupon coach"

Apr 25, 2015, 2:04 PM

lol. Korncoot. What a joke. I guess Dabo should approach the program the way SOS does and have recruits bailing left and right.

They hate Dabo because they wish they had him. Just like Danny Ford. A coach that gets under the coot's and their pundit's skins like Ford and Dabo are obviously doing something right.

I remember when they called Danny Ford a "hick"

Apr 25, 2015, 2:06 PM

and "hardly a coach." In the meanwhile, Danny OWNED them. lol.

Apr 23, 2015, 9:01 AM

They do the same thing to Tebow should we even be surprised anymore? I know Tebow isn't the best but all he did was win and motivate every player on the field with his determination. I'm not surprised they do it to Dabo at all. I just smile when everyone counts him and the Tigers out yet we beat Auburn, LSU, Ohio St, and Oklahoma.

He's easy for internet snipers to make fun of, b/c

Apr 23, 2015, 9:06 AM

of his boyish exuberance, unflinching Christianity, youthful looks, and his name is Dabo.

Remember, most of the punditry is extremely shallow and lazy, getting facts and relevant info takes work.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Couldn't have said it better. Agree on each point.***

Apr 23, 2015, 8:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

+1... in a nut shell. Things are only getting better...***

Apr 24, 2015, 8:50 AM [ in reply to He's easy for internet snipers to make fun of, b/c ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've always marveled at what national media cherry picks

Apr 23, 2015, 9:15 AM

from Dabo to talk about.

ONe thing, they LOVE a rivalry of words with him and Spurrier, they will stoke that fire and try to play it up all the time. Coachspeak just bores them to death.

But we watch him every time he gets interviewed, so we know where he's coming from. His only real flaw, IMO, is he over-praises players sometimes. (okay, most of the time) But national types usually are looking for something juicy they can exploit. The primary ESPN cfb punditry is prolly the least guilty of this, but many on the radio and such are bad about it.

Until Les Miles won his first Natty he was a running joke to***

Apr 23, 2015, 9:22 AM

Apr 23, 2015, 12:01 PM

Another point no one has mentioned is that Dabo was never a hotshot coordinator or even a legitimate HC candidate for anyone besides Clemson at the FBS level. He just wasn't a familiar face with most of the national media prior to being the HC here, so hence they tend to think of other reasons than him for the recent success.

But overall, I don't think he's disrespected very much at all. He just has never had the "genius" hype about him due to really never calling plays.

Here you go

Apr 24, 2015, 8:19 AM

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2015/04/23/college-football-satellite-camps-critics-nick-saban-urban-meyer-dabo-swinney-greg-sankey/26236587/

Dabo has a great family, a job he loves, a beautiful home,

Apr 24, 2015, 9:11 PM

and all the money he can spend in two lifetimes. With D-Wat's success this year, he will grow the Clemson brand and the Dabo brand. No, I don't feel he is persecuted enough to feel sorry for him. As a WR coach promoted for being gung-ho, organized and a very good communicator, he has been given the keys to the kingdom.

He will be OK.

I love Dabo but.......

Apr 24, 2015, 9:45 PM

You've got to admit he has made a fool of himself several times over the years.

The Ric Flair interview after the Auburn game in 2011.....

The "they will be talking about the Clemson defense after tonight" comment right before giving up 70 in the OB.......

The "this is a national championship team" statement after winning the Chik Fila Bowl......

Tell 'em capon

Apr 24, 2015, 9:46 PM

35-17 66-42-4 #9 to 7-6

geezus....you chickens all mumble the words to the same

Apr 24, 2015, 9:52 PM [ in reply to I love Dabo but....... ]

boring tune....it must be absolute he!! to have lost to your biggest rival so many times....especially considering how often it was played in loserville.

get back with us when you can think up something new

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny thing is,

Apr 25, 2015, 2:19 PM [ in reply to I love Dabo but....... ]

the "Ric Flair interview" as you call it is the excitability that young players look for from a coach when deciding on a school. I understand though, throwing headsets (Slurrier) and chain smoking (Morrison) is what you coots have become accustomed to. Besides, why are you here? Shouldn't you be preparing marshmallows for your dumpster fire that is USuC football, or trying to fit that stuffed equestrian horse into the desolate landscape that you call a trophy case?

Sad thing is,

Apr 25, 2015, 4:19 PM

I'm not a coot, I'm just a realistic Clemson fan.

I don't have a problem with Dabo being energetic but I see why people poke fun at him.

You've got to admit the "this is national championship team" proclamation after winning a 2nd tier bowl game made you cringe for him just a little.

I think most folks...

Apr 25, 2015, 6:19 PM

...knew what he meant by that comment. We were on the upswing, coming off an 11-2 season, and had just beaten LSU in a very physical bowl game. He was simply saying we were a national championship caliber team and could beat anybody on any given day IMO. I think he was also alluding to things to come.

Was he excited? Heck yeah. Did I cringe? Heck no. I think the results since then and where the program's at now have proven him correct. Love his honesty, excitement, and optimism!

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Sad thing is, you continue to pretend you are a Tiger

Apr 27, 2015, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Sad thing is, ]

Tell 'em capon.

Apr 25, 2015, 2:18 PM

Are you serious ? How about Lou Holtz and some T Netters ?

The real answer is

Apr 25, 2015, 3:03 PM

That Dabo has only been a head coach for six years.

Most of his success has come with 4 years with Chad Morris. I think writers are hesitant to give Dabo credit before seeing what he can do without Chad Morris.

That may seem unfair to you but it's a logical approach.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: The real answer is

Apr 25, 2015, 4:16 PM

It's not logical considering it was Dabo that hired Morris even thought the vast majority (which most likely included the same writers that you're referring to) said it was a stupid hire.

Apr 25, 2015, 5:21 PM

And Dabo is going to have to prove he can continually make those type of hires.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2015, 5:23 PM

yep you just cant get a john hoke just every day.

Venables...#1 D and not even close... Dabo's 'clueless'...!?***

Apr 25, 2015, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Re: The real answer is ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the Russell Athletic bowl vs OK is any indication

Apr 27, 2015, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Re: The real answer is ]

we just might be OK without The Chad.

ALL...jealousy, being Christian, being ClemPson, in ACC orvWhatever..

Apr 27, 2015, 9:08 AM

It doesn't matter if DaBO stays himself & keeps winning..the right way!

GoTiGERS! Keep Rocking em!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The real answer is

Apr 25, 2015, 3:03 PM

That Dabo has only been a head coach for six years.

Most of his success has come with 4 years with Chad Morris. I think writers are hesitant to give Dabo credit before seeing what he can do without Chad Morris.

That may seem unfair to you but it's a logical approach.

Apr 25, 2015, 4:18 PM

Chad didn't recruit Andre Ellington, Dewayne Allen, Tajh Boyd, DeAndre Hopkins, Sammy Watkins and anyone on that defense last year.

Nice post but disagree with you on something....

Apr 25, 2015, 4:38 PM

Clemson was never a "mediocre" program..
It was good program that MIGHTILY underachieved under West and Bowden.....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Georgia Tech's Coach is more disrespected than Dabo

Apr 26, 2015, 7:35 AM

Georgia Tech wins and wins and wins yet the coach gets less respect than Dabo.

Why? Apparently because he coaches a system that does not mimic the NFL team ideal.

Dabo is close to the top of that strange list, however. Among my friends the reason is sideline decisions made in his first several years that seemed - even at the time - to be questionable. Such decisions have diminished greatly.

Jack Leggett and brad brownell***

Apr 26, 2015, 11:17 AM

Re: Jack Leggett and brad brownell***

Apr 26, 2015, 12:08 PM

BB is highly respected; Jack NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2015, 9:15 AM

Jack leg

Replies: 74
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic