Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: From racing pulses to Bananas Foster to the 4th quarter, it was that kind of night
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

TNET: From racing pulses to Bananas Foster to the 4th quarter, it was that kind of night

Dec 31, 2019, 8:21 AM

From racing pulses to Bananas Foster to the 4th quarter, it was that kind of night

I am not saying that Saturday’s Fiesta Bowl was exciting, but it was that kind of night. From pregame to the fourth quarter, there was plenty of excitement to be had. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Standing by my computer waiting on "more of that to come".

Dec 31, 2019, 8:29 AM

'Cause great stuff!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Standing by my computer waiting on "more of that to come".

Dec 31, 2019, 8:38 AM

I might not be standing by my computer, but I'll sit and wait on my throne where I do my best reading.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope he prepaid for the hotel room... ***

Dec 31, 2019, 8:41 AM

Re: I hope he prepaid for the hotel room... ***

Dec 31, 2019, 10:09 AM

With no refunds. :)

Re: I hope he prepaid for the hotel room... ***

Dec 31, 2019, 12:28 PM [ in reply to I hope he prepaid for the hotel room... *** ]

Should have asked if he wanted to sell those New Orleans reservations and then offer him $29.23 for his trouble.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: From racing pulses to Bananas Foster to the 4th quarter, it was that kind of night

Dec 31, 2019, 8:53 AM

From racing pulses to Bananas Foster to the 4th quarter, it was that kind of night

I am not saying that Saturday’s Fiesta Bowl was exciting, but it was that kind of night. From pregame to the fourth quarter, there was plenty of excitement to be had. Full Story »

David Hood, keep up the good work. I love you’re articles, even ones like this that just describe how you feel. Thanks your dedicated and tireless work.

Re: TNET: From racing pulses to Bananas Foster to the 4th quarter, it was that kind of night

Dec 31, 2019, 8:53 AM

David Hood, keep up the good work. I love you’re articles, even ones like this that just describe how you feel. Thanks your dedicated and tireless work.

Remove the Clowns from the Press Box

Dec 31, 2019, 9:00 AM

As a former SID, I hope the clowns who were verbally cheering were removed from the working press box. I had to deal with media “fans” during my 10-year tenure in the profession and they were told to leave. I worked at a DII school, but the kind of behavior you described never went to that level in our press box. GO TIGERS!
BTW: thoroughly enjoy these first person feature pieces.

Dec 31, 2019, 9:09 AM

Great stuff David! We had a Buckeye right in front of us. A lone rogue in the middle of the Iptay section. Every first down they made he stood up and pointed “first down”. I’m not a violent person but at that particular moment, I wanted to be. Thankfully he finally left. Couldn’t handle the Tiger celebrations. We cheered him to death.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2019, 9:11 AM

Trashy coach, trashy players (many not all), and trashy media...Why am I not surprised....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2019, 10:10 AM

So nice to know the media looks at things fairly and objectively.

did this website you speak of have elven warriors

Dec 31, 2019, 9:15 AM

;)

Rivals site: This guy

Dec 31, 2019, 1:37 PM

https://twitter.com/Kevin_Noon?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Dec 31, 2019, 9:18 AM

I have never seen such obnoxious fans as OSU fans. I’m sure there are decent ones out there somewhere but I have yet to find one.

Is there a bigger bunch of d-bags than the OSU fan base?

Dec 31, 2019, 9:26 AM

No, there is not.

And apparently the media folks are no different!

Re: Is there a bigger bunch of d-bags than the OSU fan base?

Dec 31, 2019, 10:05 AM

After this game, I’m convinced there isn’t. Organized street protests Over the calls. Group claims of refereeing conspiracies. I’ve never seen such an arrogant and indignant fan base. David, you should do a story on them alone.

Dec 31, 2019, 11:03 AM

Excellent game, I have an Apple Watch, checked my pulse just after our first touchdown before the end of the first half, it was 105. Didn’t check my pulse in the fourth quarter, am certain it would have been high. For me all Clemson Football games at least until Clemson winning is no longer in doubt, provides the equivalent of a cardiovascular work out.

Dec 31, 2019, 1:56 PM

I’ve told people since we got back - that group of fans may be the worst fans I’ve ever had the displeasure of sharing a game with. They were up there with cuck fans during their peak 5 bomb run, and I mean that.

Our flight left PHX at 12:40 am local time, shortly after the game, and we were ushered through a maze of lines as we made our way to TSA. Being able to high-five all the fellow Clemson fans, while watching all the smug nuts giving us the stink eye made it all worth it!

Dec 31, 2019, 7:09 PM

Has anyone discussed why Ross was moved to Higging's position instead of staying in his? I realize he is the best receiver on the field with Higgins out BUT isn't it still better to have run his own routes. I have no doubt this switch led to some of the communication problems we saw.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 2:21 PM

We attended the Fiesta Bowl in 2016 and I thought the 031-0 ST fans were bad then. This was terrible. We had 2 young guys in our section right in the middle of an IPTAY section. They were spilling beer and sounds like they went to the same “fan school” as they guy in the booth. Lots of GDs and MFing BS after the scoop and score reversal and several other times during the game. No spelling here either. When Trevor was down the one guy kept yelling “he’s dead!” The entire OSU fan base then booed when Trevor came back into the game. They obviously wanted him out. I had my fun when Trevor scored, high-diving all the tiger fans around and proclaiming that Trevor was back from the dead! These guys were so bad that several fans texted complaints about them and one guy got up and went to get security. Security finally talked to the guy and gave him a card and he was slightly better after that. But that was also about the time we took the lead. What a bunch of classless fans!

Jan 1, 2020, 6:41 PM

I loved this story. I'm not an expert on football, but I'm a writer myself (worked at CU for 22 years as a public information director) and I love stories that "put you there." Sports stories are more than competition; they are about the human condition and real emotions. This story was packed with both. Keep up the good work David.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic