Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our offensive line:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Our offensive line:

Sep 2, 2018, 10:49 AM

Discuss

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just keep waiting for it to be this to be a team strength

Sep 2, 2018, 10:52 AM

and dominate force, but I just don't think it's going to happen.

Seems like it is gong to be a long wait, but I'm with ya.

Sep 2, 2018, 10:54 AM

They just looked really bad yesterday. I just don't get it. Thank goodness for Furman getting worn down from lack of depth.

Is the unit that needs to improve most

Sep 2, 2018, 10:57 AM

AND FAST! They didn’t look good yesterday.

On a side note....no one is beating Bama this year. They looked incredible. Both lines down to their 2 deep looked like NFL lines.

We’ll have to get much, much better to even have a chance.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is the unit that needs to improve most

Sep 2, 2018, 11:07 AM

Hard to tell in a 48-7 blowout where Dabo is moving guys in and out. Will get a much better read this coming week against the Shaggies.

I’m glad that you brought this up.....

Sep 2, 2018, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Is the unit that needs to improve most ]

I hinted at it yesterday but was afraid to be to critical of them. They really were whipped badly in the Sugar Bowl and weren’t that dominating yesterday against Furman! I’m not sure this will be fixed until better recruits are brought in. The big guys up front is where Bama, and others, are beating us badly in recruiting. When does a ‘five star’ choose Clemson over Alabama? Rarely. Everyone knows that games are won at the LOS and we need to improve in that area badly ..... before this Saturday. Can they be coached up quickly? I’m concerned. I bet you Coach Fisher see the same things we do.

You know better than to post something this dumb***

Sep 2, 2018, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Is the unit that needs to improve most ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

is very good when they have the threat of the downfield pass

Sep 2, 2018, 11:06 AM

to punish the linebackers and safeties for cheating up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our offensive line:

Sep 2, 2018, 11:30 AM

Goodness where we go already. The Monday Morning QB's and couch coaches already out and the yearly Bama is the greatest ever after 1 game. Louisville is trash and after losing Jackson you thought they were going to give Bama anything? Especially after talking trash? Can we wait til at least wait until these teams play other comparable teams before we make grand gestures over what teams are? I know it's hard for you doom and gloomers to do that. I mean let's go back to what was said when Clemson struggled with Troy, y'all want to do that and what a lot of y'all said wasn't going to happen because if they struggled with Troy there is no way they are going to do this or do that. It's football every week is different every team stacks up with other teams different players have better weeks than others it's freaking football. Thats why most people who try and make these bold statements after one game usually look like a bunch of idiots.

I couldn't agree more.

Sep 2, 2018, 1:12 PM

I knew this would happen. Every year is the same dang thing with fans that just cant be happy to see the process. One of the best part of a team sport is watching then grow together as a unit. People post like we haven't done anything under this staff. The season is here.....its freaking football!!! Let's enjoy it. Who gives a crap what bama is doing.... last time I looked, we play TAMU next.....GO TIGERS!!!!

Sep 2, 2018, 11:40 AM

OLine doesn't matter. We have a tall QB. We're good.

Sep 2, 2018, 11:44 AM

Why can't they Run Block
knock-push someone off the LS
I posted many times send them to Ga Tech for camp
Very good thing we've had RB's who make something
out of nothing
Looks like again this year right side OL has more
questions than answers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2018, 12:07 PM

Anybody think the OL coaching needs to be looked at? I heard some grumbling yesterday after the game around my tailgate about this very thing.

Sep 2, 2018, 12:20 PM

We need better oline recruiting. We don’t have a record of putting many olinemen in the NFL and I’m sure other teams point this out to potential recruits along with Caldwell’s age.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2018, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Our offensive line: ]

Caldwell retiring probably wouldn't be the worst thing overall. The development is definitely a problem( Hearn got cut yesterday, not sure if the Panthers are going to stick him on the practice squad) but we've also been flat outworked for recruits too. I know that Key(Bama) and Pittman(UGA) contact Clay Webb more than Caldwell does. That doesn't necessarily sound like the surefire way to lock Webb down since he's a little bit different, but it's going to be a problem for other guys.

We had 254 yds rushing and 6 rushers

Sep 2, 2018, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Our offensive line: ]

who averaged 5 or more yds/rush with 3 averaging greater than 8 yds/rush. Not saying they curb stomped the paladins, but by all accounts their run blocking was effective. I would say their pass protection picking up blitzes was more of an issue giving up 2 sacks.

Definitely the weak point on the team.

Sep 2, 2018, 1:00 PM

There’s no reason why we shouldn’t be better on the OL. Unless we are able to make drastic improvement over the course of the season, it’s something Dabo DEFINITELY needs to address. We should be able to run the ball down Furmans’s throats... we can’t.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wasn't great yesterday against Furman - at least not early

Sep 2, 2018, 1:20 PM

I thought we struggled to run the ball in the first half but kind of got it going in the 2nd. The OL needs to get better going forward though.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic