Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is the entire season on the line?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,169

Is the entire season on the line?

Sep 8, 2014, 9:05 AM

Both our teams lost the season opener by 24 points. The next game is against a conference rival that is highly ranked and looking good. The opponent has had some legal distractions but has a STUD/STAR that presents all sorts of problems.

WIN this next game and you control your own destiny, ALL THE FANS REJOICE!!! Everything is still possible.
LOSE and you're 1-2 and it will seem like the entire season is OVER!! Fire _______ or replace __________.

What would be left to look forward to other than our game Nov 29?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Leweyville at Home!***

Sep 8, 2014, 9:24 AM

Re: Is the entire season on the line?

Sep 8, 2014, 9:27 AM

That may be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Sadly though, not that surprising. Win or lose in Tally, we'll both be 2-1 or 1-2 and have 9 more games to play. That's 3/4 or 75% of the season remaining. Losing Saturday will put a major dent in any conference championship designs. It's still possible, but unlikely. For us, it would take 2 FSU losses and for us to run the table. For usc-e, it would take 2 division losses by UGa and for another team to go 6-2, beat UGa and lose to the #####. Both possible, but not likely.

Likewise, national championship hopes would be completely squashed, but they're already pretty dim. Theoretically, usc-e could run the table and beat either aTm or another champion from the West and still make it, but I wouldn't bet on that one. If CU runs the table from here and usc-e does well in the SEC, it's a possibility, but not if there ar 4 other strong candidates. Actually, it's probably in Clemson's best financial interests to lose the FSU game because they'll get the same share of national championship money whether FSU or Clemson makes the playoffs.

That said, if we lose in Tally, we can still go 10-2 and probably make it to the Orange Bowl. If things fall right, they might play ND in a premier New Year's eve game. That sounds like a good season to me. Personally, I'm looking forward to watching everyone of those 9 games along the way.

Sep 8, 2014, 9:32 AM

No.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2014, 9:34 AM

Don't worry Coot y'all will lose way more than 2 games this year. The SC D will be bad all season long

Not even close...

Sep 8, 2014, 9:40 AM

Goal at this point should be a 10-win season and to beat SCar. I'd even be satisfied with a 9-win season and a win over the coots. Season is far from "over".

Now, with that said, a bad loss here and the wheels could really come off. A win or a hard-fought loss, and it could be a springboard to good things to come. This game is pivotal, but not because we have to win: We have to leave Tallahassee knowing that we can compete with anyone.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In a way, yes

Sep 8, 2014, 9:52 AM

one of the "problems" of getting better is that there are fewer meaningful games that can get you to your season goals.

But I'd rather have meaningful games that determine if we are going to the ACCCG/BCS/Playoff than have a meaningful game against WFU to figure out if we will be bowl eligible. I can remember when we were discussing if a win over an FCS opponent would count toward making it to the Music City/Humanitarian Bowl.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,169
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic