Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is the best name for this the "ChiCom Flu?"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 4,807

Is the best name for this the "ChiCom Flu?"

Mar 25, 2020, 9:04 AM

I mean, I don't blame the Chinese people for all this mess. If the Chinese Communists didn't have such low self-esteem and such high concern for the state being blamed for the existence of the "novel coronavirus", they would have allowed some of the early whistle-blowers to actually communicate the severity of this to the rest of the world, right?

https://www.axios.com/timeline-the-early-days-of-chinas-coronavirus-outbreak-and-cover-up-ee65211a-afb6-4641-97b8-353718a5faab.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, the best name is Kung Flu***

Mar 25, 2020, 9:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is the best name for this the "ChiCom Flu?"

Mar 25, 2020, 9:24 AM

I'm old and spent some early years living in Columbia. It was perfectly common when I was young for good church going people to call the public institution on Bull Street the 'Crazy House.' It was also entirely common to call the side of town that was largely black "N----Town." There were many derogatory names commonly applied to people from Japan, to people from Italy, to Jewish people, to people from Mexico and so forth.

If you are happy to continue to use such intentionally hurtful names like those, then "ChiCom Flu" is probably an all right name for Covid-19. The use of that name marks the user as much as it marks anything Chinese or communist. And you probably ought to call your smart phone a "ChiCom Phone."

Well that's how I look at it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where did it originate from?

Mar 25, 2020, 9:39 AM

I guess i should be more aware of people’s sensitivity when I say to my wife “Hey hon, want some Chinese food tonight?” This PC crap has to stop and your conflation with those other exampies are repugnant.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where did it originate from?

Mar 25, 2020, 9:48 AM

It's already got a name . People can live their lives now , it's got a name :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

It's time like this when I miss Seinfeld...***

Mar 25, 2020, 10:15 AM

Re: Where did it originate from?

Mar 25, 2020, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Where did it originate from? ]

You can call it PC...I prefer to consider not using derogatory terms to just be basic human decency and show of respect for others. Hey, but you do you...

He’s just a Rush Limbaugh sheep, repeating what Rush says, ignore him.

Mar 29, 2020, 2:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Is the best name for this the "ChiCom Flu?" ]

This is what I like about Rush supporters, they’re too dumb to think for themselves so they just repeat what he says, makes them easy to identify and ignore.

Mar 25, 2020, 9:54 AM

I mean, I don't blame the Chinese people for all this mess. If the Chinese Communists didn't have such low self-esteem and such high concern for the state being blamed for the existence of the "novel coronavirus", they would have allowed some of the early whistle-blowers to actually communicate the severity of this to the rest of the world, right?

https://www.axios.com/timeline-the-early-days-of-chinas-coronavirus-outbreak-and-cover-up-ee65211a-afb6-4641-97b8-353718a5faab.html

kinda like Trumps' original denials, eh? Maybe call in the "Trumped up Chinese People's Democratic Pandemic". Oh, and there is a rumored Putin coverup...

Mar 25, 2020, 9:54 AM

kinda like Trumps' original denials, eh? Maybe call in the "Trumped up Chinese People's Democratic Pandemic". Oh, and there is a rumored Putin coverup...

Mar 25, 2020, 9:58 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/DrainTheSwamp/comments/f6g9yu/proof_the_corona_virus_is_a_bioweapon_dr_francis/

Is "Russian Collusion" racist as well?

Mar 25, 2020, 11:47 AM

how about Zika virus or Ebola virus or West Nile or Spanish Flu?

hmmm?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess the German Measles must be really racist...

Mar 25, 2020, 12:55 PM

nm..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is "Russian Collusion" racist as well?

Mar 29, 2020, 12:27 AM [ in reply to Is "Russian Collusion" racist as well? ]

Or German Measles, .......

Wang Chunk***

Mar 29, 2020, 1:49 AM

Replies: 14
| visibility 4,807
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic