Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who pays the bills in SC?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 378

Who pays the bills in SC?

Apr 19, 2013, 2:33 PM

Found this Chart. Bottom row is incredible. Looks like nearly 1 out of ever 5 jobs in the state is a gubmint job.

Natural Resources and Mining has to pick it up. Only half of a percent.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that higher than other states?***

Apr 19, 2013, 2:35 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I need to get me a government job, all my buddies that

Apr 19, 2013, 2:38 PM

have one love it. They can't get fired (even for a failed drug test), they get tons of time off, and their entire job is to do pointless ####.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You do realize you have to have the education and

Apr 19, 2013, 2:40 PM

qualifications..

Yeah, and I've got em hoss. I could get one no problem

Apr 19, 2013, 2:46 PM

Especially in the specific field I'm referring to.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't listen to TBoi

Apr 19, 2013, 2:47 PM

just print out a fake Harvard diploma and get a job as a community organizer and the sky is the limit!!!!

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If only I were black***

Apr 19, 2013, 2:49 PM

just tell em you are half black, barry is half white and

Apr 19, 2013, 3:23 PM

nobody can tell

I may could pull it off in the summer time.***

Apr 19, 2013, 3:54 PM

sure I believe you..***

Apr 19, 2013, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Yeah, and I've got em hoss. I could get one no problem ]

I don't care if you do or don't.***

Apr 19, 2013, 2:53 PM

You must be confusing a state job with a real job.

Apr 19, 2013, 3:16 PM [ in reply to You do realize you have to have the education and ]

I know many state employees and they are neither educated, nor qualified to do anything useful.

My wife HATED her state job

Apr 19, 2013, 2:43 PM [ in reply to I need to get me a government job, all my buddies that ]

First job right after we got married out of college. She reported for duty. Spoke to her boss on day one. Was sent to another building. Did not hear from her boss for over a week. She worked maybe an hour a day doing stuff literally on her own. Wrote all our thank you notes from the wedding within the first week on the job. Read about a dozen books over the next month. After week 6 of not having spoken to her boss or been given anything meaningful to do, she quit.

Went to work next for Blue Cross and was relieved to actually enter a working environmental where people actually worked, and upward mobility was therefore possible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's similar to what I've heard...

Apr 19, 2013, 2:47 PM

And a big part of the reason they love it so much.

That's what I don't get. I would hate it. So did my wife.***

Apr 19, 2013, 2:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me too, but hey, some people have no problem doing

Apr 19, 2013, 3:01 PM

nothing. I'd love to see their ##### get furloughed, though.

I had a state job - by far the most stressful job I've ever

Apr 19, 2013, 3:05 PM [ in reply to My wife HATED her state job ]

had in terms of workload. You got lots of time off; 15 paid vacation days in your first year, 15 paid personal/sick days, plus all of the gubmint holidays, including Confederate Memorial Day. You could carry over any days you did not use and acrue up to 45 days. The problem was, everybody was reluctant to take any time off, because if you did, your casework would pile up. If you were gone for a week, it literally could take months to work your way out of the hole. Burnout and turnover was very high. I've heard stories (and actually witnessed it with a short stint at the post office) of laziness, sloth, and working the system in government jobs, but the one I had with the state was nothing like that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Which agency?

Apr 19, 2013, 4:02 PM

if you don't mind me asking

Voc Rehab

Apr 19, 2013, 5:14 PM

DDS - Social Security disability claims.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

WOAH HOLD ON

Apr 19, 2013, 11:52 PM [ in reply to My wife HATED her state job ]

She liked working at BCBSSC??

Thats frightening.

"Government is like a baby...a big appetite at one end

Apr 19, 2013, 2:44 PM [ in reply to I need to get me a government job, all my buddies that ]

and no sense of responsibility at the other."

A famous person made that quote - guess who?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nelson Mandela?***

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Manuel Noriega?***

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ronnie Reagan***

Apr 19, 2013, 2:52 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You got to find the right one though

Apr 19, 2013, 2:50 PM [ in reply to I need to get me a government job, all my buddies that ]

My dad kind of has a govamint job at SRS, but they have him chained to his desk for 12-14 hours a day every week. Of course they pay him for his time and he doesn't have to hang out with my mom, so there are some benefits.

I need an IT job at the SCDOR

Apr 19, 2013, 11:54 PM

No expectations of actually doing your job, and no repercussions if something happens.

Plus state benefits. WINNER

If it were not for gubment jobs black unemployment would

Apr 20, 2013, 4:18 AM

almost double!!

Replies: 26
| visibility 378
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic