Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is it wrong that I really dislike Mike Davis...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 2,525

Is it wrong that I really dislike Mike Davis...

Nov 24, 2013, 6:29 PM

for the childish way he acted when we recrited him. I hope we blow his ### up early and he watches the majority of the game from the bench.

Time to lay the wood.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, its very correct for you to hate him. So do I.

Nov 24, 2013, 6:41 PM

James should feel the same.

-Doc Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: Is it wrong that I really dislike Mike Davis...

Nov 24, 2013, 6:46 PM

Other than the fact that he's a coot and I detest anything coot I don't really have a problem with him, he seems like a pretty good kid. The only person who acted childish during his recruitment was James, who later apologized for his actions. He did not want to come to clemson because he wanted to build his own legacy and I'll go as far to say James was the only reason mike Davis was talking about clemson because he wants to make his brother happy like anyone else. Dabo understood mike Davis was set on going to another school so he backed off which put James in a temper tantrum, it was the most professional thing to do on both sides. You can't force someone to go to a school they don't want to go to and I can honestly see why he wouldn't want to be in his brothers shadow, do you know how big expectations would have been for him coming here? He would forever be in the shadow of a clemson great in James Davis.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually I don't think that would have been the case.

Nov 24, 2013, 6:57 PM

He would have said from the beginning that he is his own man and I seriously doubt too many Clemson fans would have made comparisons to him and James. By the way, David Carr's younger brother seems to be doing ok. He didn't go to Boise State or any of Fresno State's other rivals.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Actually I don't think that would have been the case.

Nov 24, 2013, 7:11 PM

Another thing that I guarantee put him off was the fact that he would probably be behind McDowell whereas USuCk had a vacancy at running back that was waiting to be filled. Tyshon dye is going to be a monster of a running back we do not need mike Davis and he knew that if he came to clemson he wouldn't be the big fish in a small pond that he is at USuCk.

I'd still have taken Davis...

Nov 24, 2013, 7:13 PM

Danny Ford hauled in 4 of the top RBs in the country in ONE YEAR. Never hurts to have depth at that position...just look at us now.

Re: I'd still have taken Davis...

Nov 24, 2013, 7:22 PM

Oh of course we would take him but I was just saying we have 2-3 backs here just as capable as mike Davis. Tyshon dye who had surgery on his back sat out this year and zac books going down with a shoulder injury takes away 2 of them Zac being one of the biggest blows we took Saturday from an injury standpoint. But hotrod is a very very capable back and actually ran well against suck last year the few times he got the ball, I expect hotrod to play out of his mind this last game, everyone here has witnessed how impressive of a back hotrod is when he's on his game.

Yep, feed Hot Rod early and often and I think we get a W***

Nov 24, 2013, 7:33 PM

People still make comparisons of him to his brother

Nov 24, 2013, 7:11 PM [ in reply to Actually I don't think that would have been the case. ]

So I doubt he's ever really going to avoid it. It's only natural. Just look at what we do with guys who are related to others like Milan Richards, or the Davis brothers and Cannon Smith among others...comparisons will always be made. It's ridiculous for MD to think he'll avoid it regardless of where he goes...

No, James Davis is the only one in

Nov 24, 2013, 6:49 PM

In that family. There is no younger brother!

Nov 24, 2013, 7:19 PM

> for the childish way he acted when we recrited him.
> I hope we blow his ### up early and he watches the
> e majority of the game from the bench.
>
> Time to lay the wood.

Go look up some info on how it played out. I don't think Mike was the problem, James went off on Twitter when Dabo texted him saying his little brother's visit was cancelled. I don't think James's brother ever wanted to go to Clemson because he didn't want to follow his brother....James wanted it. His younger brother was originally committed to Florida and when he decommitted is when I think James was trying to get him on campus. I don't know why Dabo didn't let Mike visit.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20120122/PSPORTS02/120129903

Nov 24, 2013, 7:34 PM

The bottom line is this guy, Mike Davis, is a low life piece of trash. His mother, brother, and uncle are avid Clemson fans, and you choose the rival school of the family. To me the guy has low morals, low character, and no honor. He barely qualifies as a human being. I hope someone on our defense breaks him apart.

Get a grip***

Nov 24, 2013, 7:38 PM

Are we talking about Mike Davis or Adolf Hitler?***

Nov 24, 2013, 7:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Is it wrong that I really dislike Mike Davis... ]

I think you need some perspective

Nov 24, 2013, 8:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Is it wrong that I really dislike Mike Davis... ]

I hate that he has a SCar uniform on and I hope we utterly destroy his team and give him personal season-low numbers. And I thought it was tacky of him to pick his brother's arch-rival school. But to call him a low-life piece of trash, etc. is extreme.

I'll hate every step he takes in a SCar uniform but have no personal dislike for him.

Nov 24, 2013, 8:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Is it wrong that I really dislike Mike Davis... ]

[The bottom line is this guy, Mike Davis, is a low life piece of trash. His mother, brother, and uncle are avid Clemson fans, and you choose the rival school of the family. To me the guy has low morals, low character, and no honor. He barely qualifies as a human being. I hope someone on our defense breaks him apart.]

lol. That is just sad.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's a cockerel reason enough***

Nov 24, 2013, 7:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This thread is embarrassing

Nov 24, 2013, 7:46 PM

Why not trash Milan Richard? I'm sure Uncle Herschel would've liked to see him end up at UGA, and yet he chose to go to rival Clemson? Must be a lowlife, no character blah blah who deserves to get injured.

Mike Davis is a talented player who as far as I know hasn't gotten in trouble for anything. I imagine he's a good kid, much like his brother was. Not to mention we weren't even recruiting him that hard since we thought we'd get Gurshall.

Re: This thread is embarrassing

Nov 24, 2013, 8:16 PM

This has nothing to do with Mike Davis the football player. This is about Mike Davis the person. Kendall Fuller chose Virginia Tech over Clemson because his family are all Tech fans. Mike Davis could have chosen any school in America to play football, but to slap and disrespect your family like that says a lot about him as a person. Yes, I hope our defense breaks him in half and that is being nice! I hope he is hurt as a low life person verses a football player. Hope that is understandable!

I think Uncle Herschel knows how Milan feels........

Nov 24, 2013, 8:18 PM [ in reply to This thread is embarrassing ]

because Herschel wanted to go to Clemson too.

In his defense, weren't we going harder after Bellamy and

Nov 24, 2013, 7:48 PM

another running back at the time. Maybe I'm wrong. I do wish he was on our team. No matter how mmuch distaste I have for Mike, his brother James will always be one of my favorite Clemson Tigers.

We thought we were getting Gurley & Marshall***

Nov 24, 2013, 7:50 PM

Exactly!***

Nov 24, 2013, 8:50 PM

Re: In his defense, weren't we going harder after Bellamy and

Nov 24, 2013, 7:57 PM [ in reply to In his defense, weren't we going harder after Bellamy and ]

he commit to FLA and we honored that commit. we were also in it with Gurley and Marshall..

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get that everyone has the right to their own opinion

Nov 24, 2013, 8:40 PM

but, I don't care who you play for, I don't wish an injury on anyone. The way I was taught to play, you hit everyone as hard as possible, but never with the intention of hurtig anyne. Period.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bulldog paw - I really hope you are just trolling

Nov 25, 2013, 8:39 AM

And trying to get a rise out of people. Thinking like that is surely going to make your life way more difficult than it has to be.....for your own sake lighten up and try and enjoy life and the people in it.

you can dislike anyone you want, I think he's ok and is on

Nov 25, 2013, 8:45 AM

his way to being a great running back... hey, I'd like to have him here but it is what it is...

would have liked to had Gurley too...

Message was edited by: dw1959®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you can dislike anyone you want, I think he's ok and is on

Nov 25, 2013, 8:50 AM

if anyone you should be made at is Dabo for not recruiting him hard enough. But grow up

Replies: 27
| visibility 2,525
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic