Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is it really wrong to like more than one team?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Is it really wrong to like more than one team?

Oct 27, 2015, 8:45 AM

I mean in all seriousness. I LOVE Clemson. Clemson is #1 and comes before any other team, I have only been to another teams game once, instead of a Clemson game, and even then Clemson was playing a wake forest or something. Clemson is 98% of my football and the other 2 is divided up. I enjoy watching certain teams across the country and it's not a band wagon thing, it usually is family, hometown connections, or maybe I just have a favorite out of that particular conference. I like LSU, Clemson has only played them 4 or 5 times ever, I like Ok St, a kid from back home is a big deal out there, I like nobody in the BIG10 so theres an exception, and I like Stanford in the Pac12 only because they whooped USC and Pete Carroll and it was the most enjoyable post game handshake I can really remember. So I don't get why some people are so against liking or pulling for other teams. Especially when the main team and other teams never meet. Now if you are a Clemson "fan" and then go pulling for FSU, you need to be beat.

Just a little rant based on some posts I've seen from time to time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is it really wrong to like more than one team?

Oct 27, 2015, 8:46 AM

No.. But it is wrong to be a fan of any other team.

Simply summed up :)

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2015, 8:47 AM

And if that kid from back home is Mason, I'm from Rock Hill as well.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just don't go liking UNC, SC, FSU, or UGA

Oct 27, 2015, 8:50 AM

unless they give your kid a scholarship or
something like that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm only emotionally invested in 1 team, Clemson

There are teams that I like to watch and will make time to follow them, but I don't much care if they win or lose.

That being said, I would consider myself a "fan" of 2 NFL teams. The Panthers and the Falcons. The Panthers because I was at every game their 1st season and the Falcons because I'm in Atl now. Admittedly, I'm bandwagon on both. And when they play, I pull for the 1 that has the most to gain by winning. But NFL fandom is different than college fandom.

Nothing wrong with it, just can give a sense of "bandwagon"

feel.

Especially if both teams just happen to be very successful at the same time.

I can understand being a fan of a school due your father/mother went there, you grew up in the area etc. However, most of the time it's mostly people I see that live in Indiana but are a Bama fan somehow.

By having one team and staying loyal, you take the good with the bad and roll through the punches.

I was in Charlotte when we went 6-7 and lost to USF, my birthday was the Orange bowl massacre.

But I was also there for the 2011 FSU game, LSU and Ohio State wins etc.

By being loyal to Clemson as my only team, it makes this #3 ranking that much sweeter.

It's called playing the football field

Oct 27, 2015, 8:58 AM

I like Clemson and whoever is playing the Gamecocks.

If it is wrong, I don't want to be right. I pull for Clemson and whoever is

Oct 27, 2015, 8:58 AM

Playing Notre ###.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Message removed by Author

Oct 27, 2015, 9:02 AM

Message removed by Author

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This wont end well when the AM crowd gets a hold of it

Oct 27, 2015, 9:03 AM

I fly two flags each weekend...Clemson...and Oregon. The Paw gets top billing...always! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why Oregon ?***

Oct 27, 2015, 10:08 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

I think you like one team and can follow others

Oct 27, 2015, 9:20 AM

Living in Alabama, I have to keep up with Bama and Auburn football to a certain degree. If I don't, I'll get left out of any football discussion (except for the other two Clemson guys who work with me). I can't see having a Oregon sweatshirt beside my Clemson shirts.

Nope, why would it be

Oct 27, 2015, 9:26 AM

Like who you like. Cheer for who you want to cheer for.

Unless, of course, one of those other teams is South Carolina, in which case you are insane and worthy of scorn.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2015, 9:28 AM

" If one has two , then one does not have any ."

Confucius Jones

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 27, 2015, 9:32 AM

" A man with TWO watches NEVER knows what time it is. A man with ONE watch ALWAYS knows."
Joe Timex

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Savior. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Oct 27, 2015, 9:34 AM

"A man with two wives is always getting nagged. A man with one wife is also always getting nagged"
-Joe Husband

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2015, 12:52 PM

Heck no! I grew up attending Clemson games with my late father, joined IPTAY after his death, and yet as a Wofford College graduate I absolutely pull for both schools.

Go Tigers!

You could not be speaking more foreign to me unless you

Oct 27, 2015, 10:07 AM

typed this in ancient Japanese hieroglyphics.

One team & one team only. Ever.

Maybe that's just me.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

have to break it to you...a secret about some of the Clemson

Oct 27, 2015, 10:48 AM

family... the faculty/staff side of the family, that is

a lot of us are still big fans of our alma maters. where i park, i see employee cars with UGA, GA Tech, NC State, Florida, and (like me) UNC, etc.. plates and stickers.

i know several faculty members who pull hard for their old schools and pull hard for the Tigers. guys who are long-time IPTAY members and season ticket holders. but they still talk about and root for their other school

as for me, i will always be a TarHeel... but i love Clemson and i have life-long connections to Clemson.

i love living here, love working here, and love pulling for the Tigers

No, I have four favorites.

Oct 27, 2015, 12:02 PM

Clemson Football, Clemson Basketball, Clemson Baseball and who ever is playing the coots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2015, 1:03 PM

I have 2 Favorite Teams, same 2 I have always had. #1 Clemson, #2 Who Ever is playing USCjr. Go Tigers!

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic