Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Alright, since lungers are experts in everything
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 524

Alright, since lungers are experts in everything

Nov 13, 2020, 9:21 AM

The Rona is going around my office (I work with people who have been acting like there's no pandemic going on and it's finally caught up with them).

Someone I had close contact with tested positive Weds and I had close contact with her Mon & Tues. I tested negative yesterday, but I'm not out of the woods yet right?

I'm working from home, hiding out on the other side of the house from the rest of my family... which I tell you, is not bad at all.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think 5-7 days after exposure is your window...

Nov 13, 2020, 9:24 AM

but I could be wrong. I waited to get tested til 5 days after exposure with my daughter, but we only had literally two hugs (with masks) and 3 minutes in a car without masks but with the windows down and her in the back seat.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry we were together several hours but all outside

Nov 13, 2020, 9:24 AM

and with masks for the most part except for those closer moments I mentioned.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right, unfortunately this woman comes in my office all the

Nov 13, 2020, 9:26 AM

time with no mask. Share an office kitchen, bathroom.

We've been business as usual in a public facing business since the end of May so I guess it finally caught up...

It seems over half the people do not try to stop the spread.

Nov 13, 2020, 12:12 PM

Then they go and blame The POTUS for the second outbreak.

I wish you well and hope you and your family remain safe.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd test again Monday if you're worried***

Nov 13, 2020, 9:26 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Re: Alright, since lungers are experts in everything

Nov 13, 2020, 9:28 AM

You will be missed. RIP

Supplement heavy!!!

and try to exercise. Vitamin C, Zinc and Vitamin D. These will keep it from hijacking mitochondria.

I am convinced this is why it was so mild when I had the worst.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and lots of alcohol***

Nov 13, 2020, 9:36 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: and lots of alcohol***

Nov 13, 2020, 9:37 AM

I did get HAMMERS during the game Saturday. Got my positive on Tuesday. However, I had already been through the worst on Tues/Wed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that and you are a young wippersnapper***

Nov 13, 2020, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Supplement heavy!!! ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By "close contact" do you mean scissoring?

I don't think COVID is transmittable through the gens.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is it possible to get stripes of Covid

Nov 13, 2020, 10:04 AM

across your back, belly, forehead, and cheeks? Please hurry.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Before we all got it, one of my kids had suspected

Nov 13, 2020, 9:29 AM

exposure on a Thursday, and their doc told us they'd have symptoms by Sunday if they had it.

I'm sure that can be picked apart by someone, but just saying what we were told by someone we trust.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it will be insane if my wife is negative

Nov 13, 2020, 9:35 AM

she had had ZERO symptoms and we have rolled in the sheets, kissed and been around each other 24/7. The kids are totally fine too and they wont get tested unless there is a symptom, but hell, if I look back and count and add for incubation period, I am at like day 18.

3 more days and you will meet the PAC12 rules***

Nov 13, 2020, 9:38 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

SheGUAR got positive result on Wed night, tested Sunday

Nov 13, 2020, 10:50 AM [ in reply to it will be insane if my wife is negative ]

and symptoms started the Thurs/Fri before. We've been semi-isolating since Sunday

I got tested yesterday, tho the assumption has been I've got it, too...got very mild cold-like symptoms, little 'fogginess' here and there, and just a tad tired. haven't lost taste/smell (tho she has) and don't think I've had a fever at all

in a normal year, i'd put the symptoms at a 1/10.

Kinda hope I get the positive confirmation, assuming the symptoms don't get worse

I think that's the beauty of the virus as an organism.

Nov 13, 2020, 9:38 AM

It's completely unpredictable. Nobody really knows, in spite of having numerous degrees in microbiology and immunology and years of experience in infectious diseases working on the problem. My advice is to find an empty shopping mall and lock yourself in.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not out of the woods....

Nov 13, 2020, 10:45 AM

I'm sure the CDC has changed their guidelines again, but we make people wait 5 full days after exposure to make sure they don't get a false negative.

In your case, you were exposed Monday and Tuesday. You tested Thursday. That's only 2 days to build enough virus in you to show a positive test. Your test is the perfect example of a false negative. You may still be negative, but you haven't given any amount of time to have accurate test results.

I was planning to test again Monday.

Nov 13, 2020, 11:26 AM

Staying home and away from the rest of the fools in the office until I'm sure no one else got it.

You technically do not need to get tested unless symptoms

Nov 13, 2020, 1:08 PM

but you do need to quarantine for 14 days. If no symptoms after 14 days, you're clear to go. Only know because BIL got it, and SIL explained she and their kids did not need to get tested, just stay quarantined for 14 days (away from hubby). Were told if any got any symptoms within 14 days, get tested.

Her hisband tested negative after 14 days. They're back to normal now, 3 weeks out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is just not reality in most situations

Nov 13, 2020, 1:11 PM

by the time you think you have it, take the test, get the results, you are typically now 5-6 days into the whole process. you have already been around friends and family and you have been out and about.

That was my case. My doc kept telling me it wasnt Rona, but it kept getting worse, get tested, boom. By the time my positive came back, I was 8 days since first symptoms.

The timing isnt impeccable for most. Hog wash.

also, I'd just want to know.., in case I was to be exposed

Nov 13, 2020, 1:36 PM

again. I wouldn't want to sit around in quarantine again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

BIL had that scenario. He thought going to SD

Nov 13, 2020, 2:04 PM [ in reply to this is just not reality in most situations ]

hunting was a good idea. Anyway, he came back, went to work a day, had a slight cough, got tested, and was positive. He'd exposed MIL, FIL, his family, his parents, his coworkers, etc.

BUT, when he tested positive, he stayed home (except to vote). SIL then was told about not needing to get tested, but they had to quarantine 14 days, along with inlaws. Even though BIL spread it around, those who he exposed stopped the spread any further. Now they could have gotten tested a few days out and maybe known, or not, but after 14 days, they're clear. It was stopped. That's how you do it.

Wife and I didn't need to quarantine since we were only exposed to SIL. Now if she got symptoms or tested positive we would have quarantined. She didn't, so we didn't need to. But if you fit the definition to need to quarantine, you don't need to get tested unless you get symptoms. After 14 days you're free and clear. If you did get it, you won't spread it. If you didn't, you didn't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right...CDC says symptoms can take 14 days to present...

Nov 13, 2020, 1:40 PM

when we quarantine employees for close exposure, they have to be out 14 days from the last contact with the positive person. They can get tested at 12 days and they have to have a negative result and no symptoms to come back at 14 days.

Going for a test right after exposure to a positive person, getting a negative, and then going about life normally happens a lot and it's one of the things that leads to further infections/spread.

FYI, prolonged exposure is now defined as within 6 ft for 15 minutes total over a 24 hr period. Of course, that's just some statistical settlement...you can catch in in 5 seconds of exposure.

Clarification...the testing before returning to work...

Nov 13, 2020, 2:54 PM

is a Georgia Health Dept/COVID Task Force requirement, not CDC.

Replies: 25
| visibility 524
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic