Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Clemson vs. Auburn Pre-game Press Conference: LIVE at 11:00
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Clemson vs. Auburn Pre-game Press Conference: LIVE at 11:00

Sep 13, 2011, 10:52 AM

Clemson vs. Auburn Pre-game Press Conference: LIVE at 11:00

Watch Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney's pre-game press conference for the Auburn game LIVE at 11:00. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He really makes us being 2-0 really sound like a feat***

Sep 13, 2011, 11:58 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He really makes us being 2-0 really sound like a feat***

Sep 13, 2011, 11:59 AM

It is, considering we played both games with every player's right arm tied behind his back. A feat, indeed!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

& what the heck is that little electronic noise that keeps

Sep 13, 2011, 11:59 AM

happening every minute or so on the vid?

Is it just me or does Dabo sound like he is totally unaware

Sep 13, 2011, 12:16 PM

that Wofford is a Div 1-AA team?

I swear to God he better be hiding something up his sleeve and just using press conferences to blow smoke. Otherwise this guy is more clueless than I ever imagined. I have a bad, bad feeling going into this 3 game stretch of Auburn, FSU and VT.

Please God have mercy on Clemson and give us something to cheer about. I'm going to go take my pills now.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is it just me or does Dabo sound like he is totally unaware

Sep 13, 2011, 12:18 PM

it is just you

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok Good. I was worried for a minute. ***

Sep 13, 2011, 12:24 PM

Wofford may be a FCS team but they are a good one that

Sep 13, 2011, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Is it just me or does Dabo sound like he is totally unaware ]

runs a complicated offense to defend and they run that offense very well.

We had two plays where the secondary got burned trying to hard to stop the run. Allen had 2 completions for 127 yards, a 66 yd TD and a 61 yarder as well.

The fake punt killed us really and I chalk that up to inexperience and the element of surprise.

You also have to remember Rashard Hall didn't play and he is the leader of the secondary. With him in there I doubt they score over 20. We played a lot of young guys Saturday who saw their first glimpses at the triple option, from a team that has been running it for a while.

I feel we will be fine.

I have a phobia of ever oversimplifying things... but...

Sep 13, 2011, 12:43 PM

we are talking about WOFFORD!

Guys... WOFFORD!

If Wofford has the ability to confuse our defense and rush for 272 yards, then how in the freak can we stop Auburn? Is Auburn's scheme so easy that we don't have too worry?

One more time, and let it sink in, WOFFORD RUSHED FOR 272 yards on us. WOFFORD DEFEATED US AT THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE.

Maybe we were faking it. Maybe. But we have fallen down a long way to excuse WOFFORD rushing for 272 yards and put up 27 points. 3 people missing on defense is not excuse for that.

Yes I realize it is Wofford. But the triple option when it

Sep 13, 2011, 1:14 PM

is ran to it's fullest extent of efficiency and correctness is one of the hardest offenses to defend against.

And we can stop Auburn because it's a offense that we, at Clemson, have been running since the Spring. The guys have seen it. We should have Rashard Hall back in the secondary as well.

I wouldn't look too much into last weekend.

Re: I have a phobia of ever oversimplifying things... but...

Sep 13, 2011, 1:15 PM [ in reply to I have a phobia of ever oversimplifying things... but... ]

In that 272 was a fake punt for 30 or 40 yds. Also, Wofford (I should know, see screenname) averages about 330 yds on the ground. The fact is CU held Wofford to much less than their avg. and only 2 FG in the second half.

And if you don't think Wofford is a tough out then ask Spurrier. In 06 and 08 Terriers were within a TD both games with USCjr.

Step back from the ledge. Wofford's ball control offense is not going to allow a team to score 50+ points on them. Wofford is also loaded with Jrs and Srs that know what the hell they are doing on offense.

CU is playing 22 freshmen or some rediculous number. They will be fine on Saturday.

CU will win this game. Mark it down.

well, this is just GREAT...

Sep 13, 2011, 2:02 PM

Wofford even has more knowledgeable fans than ours!

;)

Re: well, this is just GREAT...

Sep 13, 2011, 2:36 PM

sad isn't it.. but true....that wofford guy was right..with all this negativity going on, will be lucky to keep any of our recruits..and you can blame it on Dabo if you want, but it because of terrible negative fans that we have issues now...

Re: well, this is just GREAT...

Sep 14, 2011, 10:01 AM [ in reply to well, this is just GREAT... ]

LMFAO!!!

Great comment! Totally agree!

C'mon Tigers, let's beat Auburn and give Tiger Nation something to feel good about for a change.

And I may be wrong here, but I would imagine the Wofford

Sep 13, 2011, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Re: I have a phobia of ever oversimplifying things... but... ]

probably pulled a few punches against PC. Don't you think Wofford has some younger players that need experience too and didn't want to get anyone injured going into the Clemson game?

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Sep 13, 2011, 1:23 PM [ in reply to I have a phobia of ever oversimplifying things... but... ]

It doesn't matter if it was Wofford or GT. When you have young players on the field seeing that offense for the first time, it is extremely difficult to stop. I'm from Easley and the high school just installed this offense last year. Prior to that year we had won 2 games in 3 years or something like that. With the new triple option last year, Easley went 9-4. Made second round playoffs. Beat some teams we probably shouldn't have. But just proves how difficult that type of offense is to stop. The Wofford game was a great way to get the young players toes in the water for the GT game.

Sep 13, 2011, 4:05 PM

I go to Wren and yes..Wren beat Easley every year until that year..Easley's new triple option is like impossible to defend.

Re: Wofford may be a FCS team but they are a good one that

Sep 13, 2011, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Wofford may be a FCS team but they are a good one that ]

tiggerz I really like your response...everything you said is correct.. don't you just get sick and tired of all these negative people on here...making remarks about Dabo and this team..I wish to god these so call fans would go elsewhere....cannot mention where on this blog...

I agree

Sep 13, 2011, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Wofford may be a FCS team but they are a good one that ]

we were missing 2 or 3 defense starters...wofford is ranked like 11th in the nation in AA..That is not bad..

He should always blow smoke at press conferences, whether

Sep 13, 2011, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Is it just me or does Dabo sound like he is totally unaware ]

it's good smoke or bad smoke, there should be smoke...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He should always blow smoke at press conferences, whether

Sep 14, 2011, 8:15 AM

I agree!!! I'm having this Gut feeling that these first two games have been used as a set up to make Auburn key on what they see as our weak points that just maybe aren't weak at all. I could be way wrong but, I hope that my Gut feeling is right again. Watching the two games was kinda like watching a fighter that was throwing a fight. If you don't show your next opponent your strenths, they have only one choice. And that is to prepair for the unknown. With the past two games, we have seen a lot of smoke all over the field with no real fire burning any where. The scoring we have made was made because of our opponents screw ups on defence. Nothing special that we have done. Just as we all know, (even Auburn)Ellington is a much, much better player than we have saw from him this season. That alone I think is making opponents think he is still being hamperd from his past injury. Well like I've said, hopefully for us. I hope my gut feeling is on the money again. GOOOOO TIGERS, Take it to Auburns A$$. I hope our Tigers will show Auburn on our home field, what its like to be on the recieving end of real dirty play. Breaking arms, legs, ribs, and heads!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, really?

Sep 14, 2011, 2:35 PM

I hope this post is a joke... Literally, every sentence is just pathetic.
We've been sandbagging every game? Our players are ashamed of their performance and they're using crowd boos to lull Auburn, Fl St, and VT to think we suck and then we're really good enough to flip a switch and win the national championship?
And seriously, you hope we play dirty?
My meter must be broke or you are retarded...

Re: Wow, really?

Sep 14, 2011, 3:02 PM

That same Va Tech team that squeaked past ECU? That same Auburn team that had to mount a comeback against Utah State? I'm not saying we look great, b/c we certainly haven't, but those other teams haven't looked so great either. Until we lose one, I have no reason to think we can't win. We looked awful against N. Texas last year and I thought the season was doomed, but we bounced back and played a heck of a game against Auburn.

"If you're going to give me 110 percent, you can rub that rock. If you're not, keep your filthy hands off it."

Re: Is it just me or does Dabo sound like he is totally unaware

Sep 13, 2011, 8:16 PM [ in reply to Is it just me or does Dabo sound like he is totally unaware ]

It could be just you and the pills:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Clemson vs. Auburn Pre-game Press Conference: LIVE at 11:00

Sep 13, 2011, 3:34 PM

Some of us still believe. Win or lose we still back our players. Go Clemson!!!!!

Clemson will beat Auburn

Sep 13, 2011, 3:47 PM

Have no worries fellow Clemson fans, Auburn will feel the wrath of the Tigers on Saturday. The best thing that could have happened is that the Wofford game was close. More motivation for players to work harder and Auburn will be more likely to under-estimate the team. Any team with a young defense like ours would have trouble stopping that offense. The toughness could get notched up a bit but no worries, our coaches will get the job done this week and have the team ready to rip heads off. GO TIGERS!!!

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic