Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ranking the top 33 CFB coaches
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Ranking the top 33 CFB coaches

Apr 13, 2018, 12:19 PM

Don't understand why Urban Myer is #2 ahead of Dabo. Dabo has owned Ohio St.

http://newarena.com/ncaaf/ranked-the-33-best-college-football-head-coaches/21/?amxt=fbdt_svrnVE

And.....I didn't see Boom anywhere on the list.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ranking the top 33 CFB coaches

Apr 13, 2018, 12:36 PM

Chip Kelly and Harbaugh at 4 & 5 is pretty laughable.

Kelly has to prove it now that everybody else has caught up on offense and Harbaugh actually has to beat some team of consequence.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 13, 2018, 2:52 PM

But you gentlemen forget, Urban coached in the SEC and that qualifies him for bonus points. Muschamp didn't leave Florida 0n his own account so he does not benefit from the SEC factor. In fact, his record at Florida even pushes his numbers deeper into the negative area.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 13, 2018, 3:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Ranking the top 33 CFB coaches ]

Xenotiger said:

Chip Kelly and Harbaugh at 4 & 5 is pretty laughable.

Kelly has to prove it now that everybody else has caught up on offense and Harbaugh actually has to beat some team of consequence.

Kelly also inherited a team, a culture, and a staff all built by Mike Belloti. That Oregon program actually had an internal continuity dating back 30+ years before Chip Kelly took it over.

Kelly did very well with it...but he in no way built that Oregon program. In fact all his attempts to rebuild teams to his own specs in the NFL ended poorly.

I never really understood the furor about Chip Kelly, honestly. He always struck me as prickly, arrogant, tough to get along with, and not exactly a leader of men. He definitely has a very good offensive brain but a big name and a good grasp of x's and o's will only get you so far.

I do not see him being overly successful at UCLA unless he gets some players very early and hires a good defensive staff. Otherwise it's easy to get stuck and fail to separate in the Pac-12 since they all tend to have wide-open offenses and nothing resembling defenses.

Urban has 3 NCs and created big winner at Utah.***

Apr 13, 2018, 1:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Urban has 3 NCs and created big winner at Utah.***

Apr 13, 2018, 1:24 PM

Is his record better than Dabo’s the last five years

Apr 13, 2018, 1:26 PM

And when was his last win over a Dabo coached team?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 13, 2018, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Urban has 3 NCs and created big winner at Utah.*** ]

I don't have a problem with Urban over Dabo because if you look at the career Urban should be ahead of Dabo. I don't think Dabo or Clemson is done winning championships though so I do expect Dabo to pass Urban and maybe even give Nick Saban a run for his money. Dabo may never win the national championships Saban has but Saban has never taken over a non-power and turned them into a national champion powerhouse.

Is it a requirement whenever writing about Dabo that

Apr 13, 2018, 3:40 PM

the author must speculate about Dabo replacing Saban at Bama when he retires?

I think it must be, because it gets included in just about every article.

Easy. Three Natl Championships

Apr 13, 2018, 3:56 PM

But this appears to be someone's opinion of a lifetime achievement rating, and not a rating representing Clemson's current momentum and ranking position above Ohio St. What can you say? It's incumbent on Dabo to bring another one home to Clemson this season. Then #2 changes in a hurry.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

List loses all credibility with Kelly #4 and Harbaugh #5***

Apr 13, 2018, 4:26 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic