Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Wolfpack win would be bad for the ACC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Football Update: Wolfpack win would be bad for the ACC

Sep 18, 2013, 12:58 PM

Wolfpack win would be bad for the ACC

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WHO GIVES A FLYING #### HOW THE ACC LOOKS???****

Sep 18, 2013, 1:00 PM

NM

What do you mean, "NM?"

Sep 18, 2013, 1:01 PM

That was a damgood message!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What do you mean, "NM?"

Sep 18, 2013, 1:45 PM

Never mind ;)

New Mexico.

Sep 18, 2013, 2:41 PM [ in reply to What do you mean, "NM?" ]

Albuquerque.

He is Heisenberg.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Exactly!***

Sep 18, 2013, 1:03 PM [ in reply to WHO GIVES A FLYING #### HOW THE ACC LOOKS???**** ]

why are there asterisks (which automatically denotes 'nm')

Sep 18, 2013, 1:07 PM [ in reply to WHO GIVES A FLYING #### HOW THE ACC LOOKS???**** ]

but then there's 'nm' in the message, which would negate the

uh...

mmmh

headassplode

if every other ACC team lost all of their games...

Sep 18, 2013, 1:20 PM [ in reply to WHO GIVES A FLYING #### HOW THE ACC LOOKS???**** ]

or even if they all just lost all of the non- conference games, do you think Clemson would ever have the opportunity to break out of the ghetto that the ACC would become? It's a question of strength of schedule and perceived quality, not of really caring about how well the other teams do. It's gotten to the point that any team from outside the SEC needs to cheer for the other schools in their conference if they want a chance to go to the MNC without being undefeated, as SEC teams have done in recent years.

Now, I'll never take it to the point of actually cheering for another team to blow us out, but that might just be because I can't imagine a situation where I don't expect us to be good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get that

Sep 18, 2013, 1:24 PM

And the good thing about cheering or rooting for a team from in front of my TV set is that it doesn't affect the outcome.

So while logically I know it is in the best interest of our school to see UNC win OOC games, I also know that I can happily root for them to lose because it doesn't make a difference in the outcome.

But I think your point, while true, doesn't change the fact that when it comes to your school winning a game, it is NEVER the right answer to want to lose. And that is especially true in a season where you haven't even lost a game yet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's look at the author

Sep 18, 2013, 1:22 PM [ in reply to WHO GIVES A FLYING #### HOW THE ACC LOOKS???**** ]

He's writing from an NC State and ACC point of view. NC State fans are accustomed to, and good at, rooting for conference. When the conference is good, their power increases because they're part of Tobacco Road (admittedly a little brother). From the writer's perspective, a short-term loss by non-contender NC State in order to get an ACC team into the championship picture is absolutely a worthy tradeoff.

It's the same concept behind what almost everyone in the country can see with SEC refs. They protect the dominant team.

soccer fans & anti-dodge ball enthusiasts...

Sep 18, 2013, 1:24 PM [ in reply to WHO GIVES A FLYING #### HOW THE ACC LOOKS???**** ]

it's what they do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is anti-dodge ball the game where one person throws the ball

Sep 18, 2013, 1:27 PM

and you lose if you don't make sure it hits you?

null

sorta, but that fat kids parent's complained because they

Sep 18, 2013, 1:29 PM

couldn't intercept the ball like the athletic kids could.

so they replaced it with soccer so they could huddle in a beehive on the short field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, it is okay with you if the ACC turns in to Conf. USA?

Sep 18, 2013, 1:37 PM [ in reply to WHO GIVES A FLYING #### HOW THE ACC LOOKS???**** ]

We would never be ranked in the top 10 again if we played in C-USA.

If the ACC equals C-USA, then Clemson would be Boise St.

A-FREAKING-MEN!!!!***

Sep 18, 2013, 3:49 PM [ in reply to WHO GIVES A FLYING #### HOW THE ACC LOOKS???**** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look at how the top & middle tier SEC teams are treated

Sep 18, 2013, 4:47 PM [ in reply to WHO GIVES A FLYING #### HOW THE ACC LOOKS???**** ]

A Florida team with basically zero offense is given a lot of respect. Now look at Virginia Tech who is basically in the same situation and is getting almost no respect. It's all about perception and being in a conference affects that perception. If the ACC has a perception of being a strong conference a loss to an ACC team doesn't hurt you as bad. Like it or not this is the world that we live in. People that don't see that are just being shortsighted.

So would deep freeze in hades this early in the year.

I don't expect to worry about either until Basketball rolls around.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a wolfpack win would be bad for clemson***

Yep.

Sep 18, 2013, 1:03 PM

Just like a FSU win over Clemson would be bad for Clemson, or any other loss in any other sport.

The answer is always "Yes, a Clemson victory is best for Clemson"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL

Sep 18, 2013, 1:02 PM

I get the logic, but any sort of thinking that leads you to believe its in your teams best interest to lose a game is flawed, at best.

The answer to "is it in the best interest of the team to win" is always YES.

exactly..

Sep 18, 2013, 1:04 PM

saying a loss would help their national title hopes in the future is a joke.they are undefeated.beating the number 3 team in the country would help their hopes for this year.because they would still have to play fsu.who ever wrote that article was wrong on all counts

Deer Pack: Please score less points than us***

Sep 18, 2013, 1:03 PM

Wait, what?***

Sep 18, 2013, 1:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

idk

Sep 18, 2013, 1:25 PM

idc.

is that wrong?

No***

Sep 18, 2013, 1:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

i always liked you

Sep 18, 2013, 1:38 PM

and moments like these remind me why.

You forgot "no bob"***

Sep 18, 2013, 1:44 PM

yeah

Sep 18, 2013, 1:45 PM

fack him.

no baptist

Re: Football Update: Wolfpack win would be bad for the ACC

Sep 18, 2013, 1:25 PM

The converse of that theory sounds better to me.

I only read the clip in the Tnet story. Absolutely pathetic

Sep 18, 2013, 1:28 PM

and I won't validate it by clicking the link.

These people do not understand sport, and yet they are tasked with covering it.

null

So if Clemson wins...do y'all think it will be deserved

Sep 18, 2013, 1:35 PM

Or did NC State tank?

the fix is in.***

Sep 18, 2013, 1:38 PM

In a fair and square game Clemson wins. Anymore questions?***

Sep 18, 2013, 1:40 PM [ in reply to So if Clemson wins...do y'all think it will be deserved ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I tend to agree, but now we may never know for sure.***

Sep 18, 2013, 1:43 PM

So because Clowney was picked to win the Heisman the fix was

Sep 18, 2013, 1:46 PM

in on the first game? I guess we will never know. Sigh.

Got to be a dumbarse Tarheel that wrote that one

Sep 18, 2013, 2:38 PM

They have no clue about anything football related. Man cards are given up when you apply to unc.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic