Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Wall St. broken?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Is Wall St. broken?

Jun 5, 2020, 5:27 PM

Corporate profits have crumbled, 41 million unemployed, consumer confidence down and somehow the Stock Market is booming.

"The stock market is not the economy. But rarely has the gap between Wall Street and Main Street felt so wide.

The United States is going through its worst race crisis since 1968 following the death of George Floyd, an unarmed black man, at the hands of a police officer in Minneapolis. Riots have hit cities across the nation. Looting is rampant. And President Donald Trump is threatening to send in the military to stop the violence.
The civil unrest could exacerbate the coronavirus pandemic that has already killed more than 100,000 Americans. That in turn could deepen the economic collapse that has forced more than 40 million people to file for unemployment. Meanwhile US-China relations are imploding, imperiling the trade war ceasefire reached between the world's two largest economies.
The market is broken. It no longer reflects a forward outlook that is truly aligned in the real economy."

And yet, the stock market is downright booming."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/03/investing/stocks-market-dow-jones-riots-coronavirus/index.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They left out the clubbing of baby seals***

Jun 5, 2020, 5:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When it went down last month it was fixed. When it goes up

Jun 5, 2020, 6:06 PM

it's broken. Or - and this is bizarre - it's almost like somebody thinks they know more than people on the internet. Crazy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is Wall St. broken?

Jun 5, 2020, 6:07 PM

sounds like the writer is disconnected from reality

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No Depression 2.0 make you sad, bro?

Jun 5, 2020, 6:10 PM

You and the MSM root for the destruction of America because you think it will help your side politically.
That’s pretty sickening man. And people are getting woke to it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Don't be such an idiot

Jun 6, 2020, 1:17 AM

We want to retire wealthy and need a healthy stock market for that. We just want a president with some sense of decency and morals that we can at least tolerate. Not some man-child with the morals of a bonobo on drugs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't be such an idiot

Jun 6, 2020, 9:49 AM

"sense of decency and morals"

i don't think that was the plan

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2020, 6:29 PM

aaaaauuhhh now, Felix, are you disappointed that the market is roaring back? I bet this really, really stings,eh? Bwess your pea-picking whittle heart... I hope you can survive this latest threat to your sanity. Again, give Tide Tablets a try....desperate times require desperate approaches...I will pray for you.

I guess you're not as prescient as you thought? Pity. I feel your pain. I know, I know, life isn't fair for you these days. At least your partner can comfort you after this major setback.....

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some companies have done really well

Jun 6, 2020, 1:14 AM

and they represent a large fraction of SPX. The devil will collect his due for all the others over the next couple of quarterly earnings reports. My favorite play is selling puts, but there's no equity I would risk that on right now - everything I follow is priced too high. That might change in the next year, but if we keep printing money it might be delayed.

Jun 6, 2020, 7:14 AM

In a way, because a very small % of Americans have anything significant in the market. It's not reflective of the masses financial stability.

and by small percentage you mean the majority

Jun 6, 2020, 7:54 AM

right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: and by small percentage you mean the majority

Jun 6, 2020, 8:11 AM

Significant is the word that went over your head. I read an article in the WSJ a couple years back that stated 80% of American individuals over the age of 30 have under 10k invested in the stock marker.
55% are invested, which seems weak in the first place. Well, at least they have something invested. That is still weak.. 80% Americans have under 10k invested. The point is, the stock market is not reflective of the masses financial stability in the US in 2020.

why should it go down

Jun 6, 2020, 9:44 AM

when the government will spend trillions of dollars to bail your company out so you can buy stocks back to keep increasing your stock price?

Couple that with JPow tossing out money like Jordan Belfort on a bender and you have a bull market in a depression.

This is the stuff economists will be studying for years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic