Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is WR rotation hurting DWatson consistency?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,996

Is WR rotation hurting DWatson consistency?

Oct 18, 2015, 7:50 AM

I think most people would agree that while Deshaun has played well this year, most were expecting him to be much much better than his 14 TD to 7 INT ratio. He's been very inconsistent at times, and has missed on plenty of deep balls so far this season. Granted he's playing his 1st full season (plus new OC, QB coach, and lost #1 star WR), but thats the trend in college fball past few seasons and its been done with success (cf. Jameis).

I think it's getting to the point this season, where we start tapering the playbook down and stop looking downfield as much just for ball security reasons. The INT every game could eventually cost us in these bigger games coming up (FSU, ACCCG, etc). Adding in some crossing TE routes (not just in the redzone) would help his confidence too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also as far as WR, limiting it to Renfro, Cain, and GHop

Oct 18, 2015, 7:52 AM

Those are the ones he seems most comfortable with, and all 3 could easily play many more snaps

Less for RM3 and peake

Maybe they can just put those 4 guys out there every play.

Oct 18, 2015, 7:58 AM

Would that be simple enough for him? Maybe by the time we play the coots Scott, McCloud, and Peake will have just transferred. Is this what you're hoping for? Everything will be fine. Watson may have a little sophomore slump going but he's still winning games and making huge plays. Most importantly, the Tigers are winning.
Go Tigers!

Re: Is WR rotation hurting DWatson consistency?

Oct 18, 2015, 7:58 AM

Good post.

I think he's just been inconsistent...Aside from Peake being absolutely lazy and using poor technique, he was off on several deep balls last night before finally getting it going. I think this can be attributed to the loss of Mike Williams as well...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Oct 18, 2015, 7:59 AM

This is the kind of Sophomore Slump that everyone could hope for. Deshaun is a great QB. I think we all know that this is the worst he will perform, and he's doing a good/great job. Honestly, his stats look very similar to Jameis' stats post Heisman (2014 season). Throws INTs in the first half, then clears it up and plays awesome for the rest of the game.

Are we talking about the guy that just had his most passing

yards in a game against one of the top defences in the nation?

If teams do what BC did (press man), then DW will keep having 400 yard passing games and he may have a few int's as well...

But gosh....400+ yards and we are not happy?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, he was recovering from knee surgery the entire off season and really couldn't work on his throwing until late summer. During the season he only has about 14 hours a week of practice, he will slowly get his touch back, but it will take time. I think he has improve a great deal since the Louisville game.

Be careful of the "coot" name callers on this

Oct 18, 2015, 8:07 AM

I get what you are saying. I think he is just human. We built him up to be superman based on the limited experience we saw last year and turns out, he is just real good - not perfect.

We are fine just the way we are. As Scott R. said, he just had 400 yds against a top 5 D (#1 at the time). Just be happy. Everything is going according to plan. Getting stronger every game. You can see it right before your eyes.

I just hope Elliot and Scott are very mindful of not getting into a predictable play calling pattern. FSU and the better teams will pick up on tendencies, so they have to always guard against that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel great about Elliot and Scott as our OCs--

Oct 18, 2015, 8:29 AM

don't think they're going to fall into the tendency trap against FL ST.

No***

Oct 18, 2015, 8:25 AM

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

I think he missed the deep safety on the 1st INT, and the

Oct 18, 2015, 8:31 AM

2nd was due to getting hit when he was throwing. He was a couple feet off on 3-4 deep balls, mostly early, and then had the one bad read on the 1st INT. Outside of that he played fantastic.

The standard he's being held to is incredible. For about 80% of QBs in the country that would be a career game, and for Watson he just gets nitpicked for missing some deep balls and throwing picks.

I hate it when he has a bad day, throws several TD's and we

Oct 18, 2015, 8:47 AM

only win by 17 points ! ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2015, 8:50 AM

MY/MY, another coach want/to/be speaks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

null

You people are hilarious.

Oct 18, 2015, 9:21 AM

On just about every other football forum on the internet, people actually discuss football. On this place, when someone makes a reasonably thought out post trying to start discussion, there are a bunch of mouth breathers who post stuff like this. "We already have coaches!" "Why aren't you happy?" "Coot!"

Agree or disagree with the OP, his post wasn't irrational or mean spirited, and instead of the moronic canned responses, some of you might try actual discussion next time---you might like it.

I like this site, but good God almighty, I sure know not to come here to discuss football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2015, 8:53 AM

If throwing for over 400yds is a slump. Then dang how good will he be. When he plays up to his full potential. Im glad we are 6-0 now on to Miami!

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,996
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic