Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Venables a target this offseason?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,694

Is Venables a target this offseason?

Nov 20, 2016, 5:47 PM

With the coaching carousel destined to start spinning the second this season is over, anyone think Venables gets some attractive offers?

Any opinions on where he may go?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Isn't Synder @ Kans. St. retiring? Venables alma-mater.***

Nov 20, 2016, 5:54 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is it that time of year again?

Nov 20, 2016, 5:54 PM

The end season hand-wringing about Venables?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is it that time of year again?

Nov 20, 2016, 5:58 PM

There was an article about him recently saying that he wasn't shopping himself and was very happy at Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More importantly, is Dabo?

Nov 20, 2016, 6:03 PM

I would think Texas would want to talk to him. I am not sure he would be interested, but they could certainly pay him a lot more than we could.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Dabo is all about the money

Nov 20, 2016, 6:08 PM

that's why he is still in the same house he bought when he was a WR coach that was just hired from his used car salesman job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo is all about the money

Nov 20, 2016, 6:37 PM

I agree with the premise that Dabo isn't going anywhere and he is not all about the money. The house argument isn't a good one though. He just broke ground on a new place around the corner and it is going to be pretty sizeable.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is Venables a target this offseason?

Nov 20, 2016, 6:06 PM

Venables is not one of those guys who Plays The Game.

Was talking to a guy who's pretty connected at Auburn and he mentioned Bobby Petrino was lobbying for that job (again!) as early as last year...Malzahn looks like he's survived, but Bobby smelled blood and was putting out feelers and trying to grab that job. Also heard he's done the same for LSU and FSU, in the event Jimbo goes to LSU. Petrino is always, always looking to better-deal his current employer, probably has 10 different lines out, and a lot of coaches are careerists like that.

Venables isn't; he's never shown any particular propensity to talk to anybody. He'd probably still be at Oklahoma if Mike Stoops hadn't gone away to be HC at Arizona, bumping Brent up to DC...and then Bob turned around and gave brother mike his DC gig back (over Venables' head) when Mike washed out with the Wildcats.

Venables really does not seem to want to be a HC. Some guys don't. Somebody might make him an offer but when he's never been a HC and isn't likely to go coach, say, Akron to prove his HC credentials, it's a lot less likely for somebody to just make a blind offer to him, especially when he's not lobbying for a job anywhere and tons of guys are.

Nov 20, 2016, 6:08 PM

I don't think Venables will ever be a head Coach.
He will be making around 2 mill without all the pressure.

Nov 20, 2016, 6:54 PM

I don't know.Why don't you ask him?

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,694
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic