Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is USuCk recruiting benefitting from Tigers’s recruiting?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Is USuCk recruiting benefitting from Tigers’s recruiting?

Jun 24, 2019, 12:57 PM

Since the Dirtpeckers now have a top 10 recruiting class, (though it may not last) I’m wondering are they benefiting from the Tiger’s being loaded & having to pass on players that they now can get without much pressure from us? Otherwise, I just don’t understand anything a recruit would see in that dump other than early playing time.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is USuCk recruiting benefitting from Tigers’s recruiting?

Jun 24, 2019, 1:03 PM

Bingo . . . early playing time

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2019, 1:05 PM

early parole?

Re: I say yes.

Jun 24, 2019, 1:13 PM

But, for different reason than most.

These kids are usually about being "best" and knowing to be the best, you have to beat the best. Or, in some cases join them.

What if you can't join them? Play them. No better guarantee than a yearly slate.

You can look at the USC/UCLA, LSA/Bama, Auburn/Bama, etc... I would think the Pac12 saw the most when those teams were the new thing, and winning. West coast style, quick, fast offenses. Flashy Oregon facilities and uniforms. Utah and alike benefiting throughout that time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2019, 1:23 PM

What do those teams have in common than that the coots lack: Championships.

Even Utah has a claim by being 13-0 and dismantling Alabama - handing Saban his worse loss as a Alabama HC (14 points) until the 44-16.

Jun 24, 2019, 2:46 PM

Utah was the benefactor here. Analogous to U5uCk.

And U5uCk has beat Saban too.

Even a blind squirrel......

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2019, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: I say yes. ]

Their recruiting will get better by default in that they will get the 3* and some 4* players from the states of SC and NC. Clemson simply does not have room for everyone and since we average nearly a 4* across the entire class that leaves the lower ranking players to the coots. As bad as their recruiting had gotten under Spurrier they could only get better.

That being said, the quality of the coaching at USuCk is below average at best so when they do bring in some higher ranking 4* and a occasional 5*, they cannot develop the players around them so they do not get the full benefit of those players.

I expect them to get better over time but only marginally as the other teams in their conference with better coaching and more to offer outperform them. They will stay around a 7 possibly 8 win team each year provided they don't play the Citadel or in the Belk Bowl.

Jun 24, 2019, 1:32 PM

Rivals already has dropped them to #16. If you look at their average star ranking...thinking it's around 15th or 16th as well.

They were very short lived in the top 10

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No not really. We don't recruit a lot of the same players

Jun 24, 2019, 1:40 PM

They were top ten last year early too. Decootments and teams catching up will knock them down like always.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No not really. We don't recruit a lot of the same players

Jun 24, 2019, 2:45 PM

That's exactly why it helps their recruiting somewhat.

Never understood this logic

Jun 24, 2019, 2:51 PM

Highly ranked/recruit kid: "Well dang, I cant go to Clemson. Guess Ill just have to settle for some crappy mid-tier program thats nearby." HUH?!?! Make sense on exactly zero levels. If youre a high caliber recruit, and you miss out on a Clemson offer, well theoretically you could go to any number of other legitimate programs. And many of them offer immediate playing time. Some of those same opportunities also reside in the SEC, since apparently thats still a big draw. So, I dont understand any reason for a quality players second choice (or third or forth or fifth) being the coots. There just isnt any logic to that.

Re: Never understood this logic

Jun 24, 2019, 3:12 PM

Cool! You seldom see logic and gamecocks in the same sentence! TU

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic