Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Thanksgiving a drinking holiday ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 294

Is Thanksgiving a drinking holiday ?

Nov 21, 2018, 2:20 PM

News Years is, so is St. Patrick's Day. Fourth of July. Christmas ?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

will lots of family be around

Nov 21, 2018, 2:21 PM

then of course it is

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have been in the Alcohol industry for 12 years.

Nov 21, 2018, 2:30 PM

Thanksgiving is the #1 drinking holiday by volume purchased leading up to the holiday. Then 2. New Years 3. Halloween 4. 4th of July 5. Easter 6. Xmas.

This was several years ago #s but I doubt it’s changed much. Makes sense Turkey Day is #1 bc it’s several days of vacation for all, plus everyone has to be around family so it’s best to drink through that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Christmas is last? Really?

Nov 21, 2018, 2:53 PM

Cuz while APM does not drink to speak of by the standards of most in le lunge, I DO drink wine with my Christmas dinner. Always. And usually quite a few beers (by my standards) with family over the week between Xmas and New Years. I definitely BUY the most alcohol of the year for me during that week.

I drank Oktoberfest beer this Halloween, but definitely do not always drink on that "holiday".

I may have a beer on the 4th, depending on what we're doing.

I hardly ever drink on New Years. But I get that that's a big drinking holiday. Sparkling wines, etc.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was always surprised by Xmas last too but based on volume purchased in the few days before

Nov 21, 2018, 2:57 PM

Xmas is just the one day and during middle of week a lot of times. Plus more family’s have Xmas day as a smaller affair like just kids and mom/dad.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is hard to put together toys

Nov 21, 2018, 6:53 PM [ in reply to Christmas is last? Really? ]

while you are drunk.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That depends on what your definition of is is.

Nov 21, 2018, 2:54 PM

Yes, I watched some of the stupid Clinton impeachment thing last night flipping channels.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Somebody’s been in the pickle juice already

Nov 21, 2018, 3:19 PM

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/230547/dill-pickle-martini/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gewurztraminer for dinner. Beers later, if able. Hail yayuh.

Nov 21, 2018, 2:56 PM

APM recommends pairing Gewurtz with the Thanksgiving dinner. Crisp, herbal, off dry, refreshing to the palate. "Good" wine goes wasted on such a feast. Fetzer makes a good one for next to dirt.

Then switch to Sam Adams Boston Lager for football watching, etc. Or Bud Light or Miller Lite.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It should be.***

Nov 21, 2018, 3:28 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are there non-drinking holidays?***

Nov 21, 2018, 3:28 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are there non-drinking days? - 7spots

Nov 21, 2018, 6:54 PM

amiright?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Holiday implies drinking. So to answer your question,

Nov 21, 2018, 3:31 PM

yes.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 294
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic