Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Spurrier Scuttling the Ship at SC?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Is Spurrier Scuttling the Ship at SC?

Feb 11, 2023, 9:49 AM

By not making changes at SC and not implementing a viable exit plan is Steve Spurrier intentionally scuttling the ship at SC just to satisfy his own selfish ego?

Think about it…Does Steve Spurrier really give a rat’s rear what happens to SC’s program after he leaves? Nope…He could care less about SC...In fact he would probably like to see the program tank for good just so he we will forever be known as their winningest coach ever.

Why leave the SC program stacked with talent just to give the new coach a head start toward beating the records he set at the school? Why not stay an extra year or two just to make sure the ship is sunk for good and his records are safe forever? It’s not like SC fans will be smart enough to realize what he’s doing and fire him…..His hay is the barn...Even if he has a couple more 6-6 type seasons, SC fans will soon forget those years after he leaves and forever worship him for his "glory years" when he did things like beat us five years in a row.

Sure, all this would be awfully selfish of him, but it’s pretty clear that Steve Spurrier is one of the biggest A-holes in CFB and I wouldn’t put it past him….Remember, Steve Spurrier is in it for Steve Spurrier and nothing else.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt it, that would be a major #### move

Feb 4, 2015, 1:06 PM

we all love to hate him but I find it hard to believe the would be that much of a ####. More realistically, he's getting old and he's not as sharp as he used to be and perhaps getting lazy.

Re: I doubt it, that would be a major #### move

Feb 4, 2015, 1:17 PM

Steve has always been lazy. I don't see how so many people miss that? I mean he coached in a state that had the most talent in every direction than any other state and they were only able to muster one national championship. He was the Head Coach of a professional team before that where the owner was the founder and developer of the league, and he didn't win any there either. Think about how prolific his QBs have been? How have they faired in "the League?" If anything, Spurrier can recruit his behind off. What he doesn't do is develop talent and his coaches don't develop talent.

I think they are about to add John Hoke and Ellis Johnson

Feb 4, 2015, 1:06 PM

to the staff .. Pretty good coaches imo.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think they are about to add John Hoke and Ellis Johnson

Feb 4, 2015, 1:13 PM

i hear hoke and brick haley

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think they are about to add John Hoke and Ellis Johnson

Feb 4, 2015, 1:17 PM [ in reply to I think they are about to add John Hoke and Ellis Johnson ]

I believe it could happen but Ellis Johnson returning would seem to be awfully humbling for him. I don't know anything about John Hoke. Actually don't even care much. LOL.

Re: Rejects***

Feb 4, 2015, 1:18 PM

Re: Is Spurrier Scuttling the Ship at SC? Not really

Feb 4, 2015, 1:07 PM

since they aren't worth a ship. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is Spurrier Scuttling the Ship at SC?

Feb 4, 2015, 1:12 PM

interesting observation & I wouldn't put it past ole mr.ego..

Do Not Care.

Feb 4, 2015, 1:14 PM

Honestly didn't read past first sentence. UsUck's coaching shambles is not worth that wall of text.

You can bet Otis Spurrier will resign when it will hurt the

Feb 4, 2015, 1:26 PM

most to USCheat. He will burn down as much as he can. Look for a resignation in August, perhaps a day before fall practice begins.

Re: Is Spurrier Scuttling the Ship at SC?

Feb 4, 2015, 1:30 PM

No. Steve Spurrier imo is not the kind of person I would think would half-arse his job due to his big ego. Nor would he sabotage it for the next guy. He should have just left instead of making a boneheaded move, announcing to the world he may be retiring in a few years. Now he's handcuffed his efforts and it's looking like he will leave with a whimper instead of a bang. Sakerlina fans are too stupid to realize this because they've been star-strucked ever since they got him, have lived with mediocrity their whole lives and they don't know what excellence is if it hit them in the face. He's the best they ever had and they've allowed him to do what he wanted instead of holding him accountable.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic