Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Roy's show the worst on WCCP?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Is Roy's show the worst on WCCP?

Oct 20, 2016, 2:05 PM

When you miss Dan Scott chances are it could be.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know. There is a lot to choose from.***

Oct 20, 2016, 2:06 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is there a good show on WCCP? TIA***

Oct 20, 2016, 2:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

No, not by a longshot. Just listen from 9:00-12:00***

Oct 20, 2016, 2:24 PM

Have you ever turned on Deptula?

Oct 20, 2016, 2:25 PM

nm

Deptula is the worst by a "hunred" miles.

Oct 20, 2016, 3:02 PM

He's a loser with a "uge" ego. If you ask him a "quashton" about a Qwaterback", he will give you some lame answer about Cam "New'on".

I honestly don't know how anyone can listen to him.

no, probably the best.

Oct 20, 2016, 2:25 PM

dan scott show is good for a knap. Nice guy but the show was always sleepy. Only time i liked it was when an idiot would call in and he'd get mad at them.

I miss the prank calls on the dan scott show

Oct 20, 2016, 6:30 PM

lol

Depends

Oct 20, 2016, 2:34 PM

Against popular opinion I actually don't like his west zone shows.

Re: Is Roy's show the worst on WCCP?

Oct 20, 2016, 2:37 PM

Deptula says hello.

Walt and or Qualk dude.***

Oct 20, 2016, 2:39 PM

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Oct 20, 2016, 2:52 PM

You must not get to listen to the show before Roy. I subscribed to XM to have something for after Plyler

You know what is weird?

Oct 20, 2016, 2:55 PM

I have listened to WCCP a long time, including Walt. I have seen and mostly know all of the hosts' faces online (I live very far away), but have no idea what Walt and Ramona look like. Heard their voices for years. Seen Walt's pointing picture and that's about it. Weird listening to people so long that you have no idea how to put a face with the voices.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there's ony like 4 pictures of walt

Oct 20, 2016, 2:57 PM

he does his live remotes from behind a curtain

Yeah, I thought it might be something like that.

Oct 20, 2016, 2:58 PM

They seem to hide for some reason. It's very strange.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Someone took a pic with him 2 weeks ago

Oct 20, 2016, 6:40 PM [ in reply to You know what is weird? ]

and posted on here.

Face for radio indeed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ramona looks like the hostess at an IHOP.

Oct 20, 2016, 7:04 PM [ in reply to You know what is weird? ]

Walt looks like the creepy regular at the booth in the back.

There's something in these hills.

Well that helps***

Oct 20, 2016, 8:26 PM

Seen them in person. Here's a discription.

Oct 22, 2016, 4:46 AM [ in reply to You know what is weird? ]

Walt looks like Vinny from Jersey Shore if Vinny gained about 50 lbs and had a Dumb and Dumber haircut. Last time I saw him he a a beard, wearing sweatpants, and was fairly disheveled. Probably in his early to mid 40's, but he's one of those guys where it's hard to tell. Could be 35 or 55.

Oct 20, 2016, 2:56 PM

Nope... Scott Cole.

At least Mickey, Walt, Qualk, and Roy have unique elements, personality, and some entertainment value....even if just a little.... cant say that Scott has ANY at all.

WALT wins that award...not even close

Oct 20, 2016, 3:17 PM

all walt does is laugh and say Clemzen

Oct 20, 2016, 3:56 PM

I personally like all of them a lot. I wake up at 6 every morning to turn on the app and I listen all day. It provides me information and entertainment with a Clemson emphasis, which I don't get in Aiken. I think they all do a good job though.

Oct 20, 2016, 4:01 PM

you should hear Amy Lawrence at 4am. she's aite. of course not WCCP affiliated but comes on 105.5

Oct 20, 2016, 6:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Is Roy's show the worst on WCCP? ]

> I personally like all of them a lot. I wake up at 6
> every morning to turn on the app and I listen all
> day. It provides me information and entertainment
> with a Clemson emphasis, which I don't get in Aiken.
> I think they all do a good job though.

I am with you. I work all across the country and the WCCP app is a great way to stay connected to all things Clemson Are they perfect, no but neither am I.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like Roy, he's a fellow Tiger and if he keeps up he'll

Oct 20, 2016, 3:56 PM

make his way up the ESPN foodchain and offset some of the lame-o's that are all from Ohio State/Notre Dame/etc...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2016, 4:04 PM

I think Roy is the best on the station. Very professional...except for that one time he hung up on Delvin.

You heard that too?? He was a PO'd dude that day...

Oct 20, 2016, 6:43 PM

I remember Roy was ranting about Todd Ellis and his comments about something Dabo said (do you remember?) and Delvin called in and jokingly said he should back away from the cliff. Roy was very quick to say "I don't have to listen to this today" and hung up with the quickness.

Pretty #### rude. I know Roy was all worked about Todd Ellis, but he should let a piece of hot garbage like that get you that upset.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2016, 4:41 PM

I dont know why people get down on WCCP so much. I like all there shows except Walt. Cant take him very long but the other shows are fine.

Oct 20, 2016, 4:44 PM

Roy is the best. Walt the worst.
By far.

Oct 20, 2016, 6:35 PM

Agree with many of the other posters I think Roy is the best by far.

Oct 20, 2016, 6:45 PM

Not by far. Deptula "sucks out loud" but is way too stuck on trying to make himself out to be "right awll alowwng" to realize just how pathetically lame his show really is.

Or is it Mickey's?

Oct 20, 2016, 6:54 PM

30 minutes of Harry's razors, and matresses, and masages.
Can't beat it.

ugh
:(

Oct 20, 2016, 7:57 PM

My quick breakdown.

I like Plyler probably the most...he just isn't as knowledgeable as others I think. He seems very personable though.

I liked Qualk and Dutch and was ecstatic when they got rid of James Thurn. That guy was a jerk. Kelly's a good addition and maybe could hold her own. Get sick of NBA with Qualk...I care 0% about the NBA but that's just me. I like Qualk's personality though.

I like Roy a lot but he's a huge homer. He probably speaks the most about Clemson football, which I appreciate.

Walt would be fine...he's just an ### when it comes to sports. He catches so much flack because he acts like he's never wrong. He justifies being wrong with something else he was right about or brings up an related pick'em record to make himself look like a genius. He has very little humility...and Ramona needs a lesser role. She's probably a fine producer...but not fit for sports radio.

I wish we could bring more live interviews with our players and coaches but they may not have the time.

my two cents...I listen to them all

Oct 20, 2016, 8:44 PM

Mickey's show is perfect for morning, funny and low-key - he's a good guy in real life, somebody 90% of us would like hanging out with. Life revolves around sports and Clemson. I ALWAYS listen to his 1st 2 hours getting ready for work. I just wish they would play the sports update at top of hour because I have to change the station to another to hear late night scores - that's what people want to hear when they wake up in the AM if they follow baseball, basketball, etc.

Qualk - He's kind of young to be doing a talk show (just don't have the historical knowledge to have perspective on many things) but his heart is in it. Maybe that's his target audience (the young), because I'm sure not it. The moment the NBA is mentioned, I switch it off. Also when they start predicting scores. NOBODY wants to hear 30 minutes of your opinion of who is gonna cover the spread, esp when you suck at it. He'll be great when he's about 40 if he hangs in there, and learns to drop the NBA crap (in this area). I like the female perspective of Kelly, but again, all the basketball talk is snooze-worthy.

Roy's show is really good during football season, a must-listen. Not so much the rest of the year. But it's so disjointed because he's only around about half the time. Almost never goes to a Clemson game (out of town), so that's a disadvantage. Has another career with much more potential. But that gives him the unique perspective of a broadcaster in his other life. I doubt he does this much longer.

Walt is the smartest and most knowledgeable of them all.....but his obnoxiousness rubs people the wrong way. This is INTENTIONAL. He said as much today. He knows the love/hate draws listeners. He would be unbearable in the morning, but it works in the afternoon. I actually agree with about 90% of his opinions, but not so much with the arrogant presentation.

They could ALL use a reset on their terrible caller base, but I suppose that's not their fault the same people call in every freaking day.

good recap***

Oct 22, 2016, 1:01 AM

Oct 20, 2016, 8:05 PM

No, probably the best.

Philpot
Plyler
Deptula
Qualk/Kelly
Scott Cole