Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Pat Narduzzi of Pitt the modern Tommy Bowden??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Is Pat Narduzzi of Pitt the modern Tommy Bowden??

Nov 3, 2018, 12:40 AM

A few very notable upsets..
- #2 Clemson '16
- Penn St '16
- #2 Miami '17

Play some really good teams close, but lose.
- #5 Notre Dame '18

Then lose head scratchers...
- 3 years in a row to UNC.
- 2 years in a row to Syracuse
- (6-6) Northwestern in the Pinstripe bowl '16

Then the blow outs...
UCF '18 (45-14)
Penn St '18 (51-6)
Ok State '17 (59-21)
Miami '16 (51-28)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is Pat Narduzzi of Pitt the modern Tommy Bowden??

Nov 3, 2018, 12:47 AM

They beat Cuse this year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh that's right.

Nov 3, 2018, 1:03 AM

a game they probably shouldn't have won. But that probably lends itself more to how inconsistent Syracuse is.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You nailed it, A Tommy Bowden clone??

Nov 3, 2018, 1:23 AM

On top of his up & downs check this out. Pitt is 0-6 against UNC since joining the ACC! I know he hasn't been Pitt's Head Coach but a few years but come on UNC ain't no world beater by no means and in the last 2 years they've really been bad going 4-17 over there last 21 games. And wouldn't you know it the Tarheels only Conference win in 2017 was against Pitt and the Heels only win period this year was against pitt. 0-6!!!!!!! I guess the Panthers can say they had some kind of Moral Victory in those 6 defeats, being that they were all by a Touchdown or less....

2013 - UNC 34 @ PITT 27
2014 - PITT 35 @ UNC 40
2015 - UNC 26 @ PITT 19
2016 - PITT 36 @ UNC 37
2017 - UNC 34 @ PITT 31
2018 - PITT 35 @ UNC 38

I guess if Larry Fedora could play Pittsburgh every week he'd be playoff bound every Fall and Mentioned in the same breath as Saban, Swinney & Meyer...... Lol

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You nailed it, A Tommy Bowden clone??

Nov 3, 2018, 8:16 AM

Those games are maddeningly close! I’ll bet a full review of game film likely shows Swofford putting his fingers on the scales of justice to give the heels just enough to bring it home.

Nov 3, 2018, 1:28 AM

That dude can coach . Certain matchups he presents problems for teams maybe they could beat 1 outta 10 ( Clemson '16 ) and in other cases he has matchup problems with teams like Syracuse or UNCheat that maybe hos team is on par with or slightly better .
Bowden would consistently drop games to teams he should beat 9 outta 10 .
I think Narduzzi is a better X/O coach in many respects than Tommy was .

DB23

Nov 3, 2018, 2:09 AM

You're right, TD23. Tommy always had the talent on the team, but he often failed to either motivate it, or to simply use it in the right way. He actually changed Clemson Football and turned it into what it has become - but at the same time, I'm not sure if it wasn't Rich Rod as OC who actually made the transition.... but regardless - the rest, as they say, is history. We're in a good place and doing well for the foreseeable future.

Go Tigers!!!

Nov 3, 2018, 4:11 AM

That loss to Pitt was part fluke and part that ahole Coot refereee.
We were near scoring the clinching TD or FG and Watson threw a terrible pick.
And all game long that one ref (Wendyt?) called completely bogus fouls.
Plus we never did stop that shovel pass to the tight end. It worked 7 or 8 times for them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Referee's name is Dwayne Heydt...

Nov 3, 2018, 4:53 AM

The guy who flagged Boulware for "tackling him too hard."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2018, 7:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Is Pat Narduzzi of Pitt the modern Tommy Bowden?? ]

Yeah the D was really not good that game. Never ever adjusted to the shovel pass.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One name Matt Canada

Nov 3, 2018, 7:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Is Pat Narduzzi of Pitt the modern Tommy Bowden?? ]

OC for Pit for that game, and he called the game of his life. They ran that shovel pass like 50 times for positive yards, and feasted on our aggressive D-line play. A play they had not shown, or shown very little of, prior to playing Clemson. We were also banged up a little bit, and was the game going into the bye. Since Canada left, Pitt has been more mediocre on offense.

Narduzzi has gotten a lot out

Nov 3, 2018, 8:08 AM

Of that program, considering how little the school and city have given in return. As TDug pointed out, he can flat out coach. Maryland would do well to come after him...although Canada's done well, under the circumstances. Still, is he viewed as linked to Durkin, unfairly thought that may be?

Narduzzi doesn't have a Peterman or Conner this year, though. No magic rabbit to pull from the hat.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic